Sign in to follow this  
Darkdragon

BIG LEGO Pirates News!

3 hours ago, zinnn said:

That’s awesome. What’s the source of this?

Probably todays date mate.

1 hour ago, JayCal said:

Probably todays date mate.

Just like how Pirates of Barracuda Bay was announced on this day 2 years ago...

Great news! I see a splendid opportunity to cross-breed Trains and Pirates:

image.jpg

The official list still has it there: Pirate Bay (including Pirate Ship/galleon style ships and pirate island) concept 

Is it meant to be an April Fools joke? As it is not really funny, just misleading.

4 hours ago, MAB said:

The official list still has it there: Pirate Bay (including Pirate Ship/galleon style ships and pirate island) concept 

Is it meant to be an April Fools joke? As it is not really funny, just misleading.

Something that gets folks all excited is only funny to the OP, shame.

4 hours ago, MAB said:

I'm not sure what you mean?

Please provide a list of the funniest April Fools Day jokes you've witnessed this year...

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I'm not sure what you mean?

Please provide a list of the funniest April Fools Day jokes you've witnessed this year...

The 170cm tall maxifigure joke by LEGO. 

1 hour ago, MAB said:

Not all that funny. I know a lot of people who would actually buy that. Actually, I know people who already do have them. Life sized klickies are also popular among Playmobil fans. I can guarantee you that product would sell out quickly.

This one is funny: https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-galidor-20th-anniversary-theme-announced/ Well, slightly funnier, anyway. When did April Fools become a day when people just go on the internet and lie? I just saw the Lego duck heist thing. That's not funny either. It's just fake news.

Edited by jodawill

1 hour ago, jodawill said:

Not all that funny. I know a lot of people who would actually buy that. Actually, I know people who already do have them. Life sized klickies are also popular among Playmobil fans. I can guarantee you that product would sell out quickly.

This one is funny: https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-galidor-20th-anniversary-theme-announced/ Well, slightly funnier, anyway. When did April Fools become a day when people just go on the internet and lie? I just saw the Lego duck heist thing. That's not funny either. It's just fake news.

Yes it is fake news and for one day a year that is a tradition in a lot of countries.

Two other April fools day stories about LEGO:

https://www.1000steine.de/de/gemeinschaft/forum/?entry=1&id=463117&lastid=1#lastid

Fusion between LEGO and playmobil.

9128-1648792497.jpg

https://www.brickfinder.net/2022/04/01/kjled-shuts-lego-ambassadors-network-veered-far-away-core-values/

And the end of the LEGO Ambassadors network by means of no other than KKK himself.

https://www.brickfinder.net/2022/04/01/lego-colours-of-the-world-40615-minifigure-parts-pack-first-look/

And we get a new kind of skin tones set to promote minifig diversity:LEGO-Colours-of-the-World-24-minifigure-

5 minutes ago, JopieK said:

https://www.brickfinder.net/2022/04/01/kjled-shuts-lego-ambassadors-network-veered-far-away-core-values/

And the end of the LEGO Ambassadors network by means of no other than KKK himself.

That's not funny either. It's just misinformation with no humor. If it weren't for the disclaimer at the bottom, I would have no way of knowing whether that's real. (Real news does also happen on this day.) I'm not against April Fools day, but if it's not clear whether something is a "joke," it ceases to be funny.

7 hours ago, MAB said:

Nice list! What was so funny about the maxifigure?

Several years ago on the 1st of April I called my girlfriend and kindly informed her that it’s about time to end our long relationship. I haven’t seen her or responded to any of her calls or messages since then. Imagine my disappointment when I called her this morning and found out that she didn’t get the joke. It breaks my heart when people don’t get the joke. This is a deal breaker and this time we parted our ways for good. I still love her and I don’t judge, but imagine how great it would be if she responded with ha-ha you got me there! Good one.

13 hours ago, jodawill said:

That's not funny either. It's just misinformation with no humor. If it weren't for the disclaimer at the bottom, I would have no way of knowing whether that's real. (Real news does also happen on this day.) I'm not against April Fools day, but if it's not clear whether something is a "joke," it ceases to be funny.

It might not be funny to you, I also find certain jokes funnier than others, but different people have different taste. How do you know that it is a joke: the creator mentions at the end of April 1, "hey this was a joke, so if you fell for it, sorry to disappoint you and I still hope you see the funny side in it".

On 4/2/2022 at 6:03 AM, JopieK said:

It might not be funny to you, I also find certain jokes funnier than others, but different people have different taste. How do you know that it is a joke: the creator mentions at the end of April 1, "hey this was a joke, so if you fell for it, sorry to disappoint you and I still hope you see the funny side in it".

Some people may have found it humorous. Personally, I thought it was distasteful and entitled.

Disclaimer: This is a parody article to commemorate the first of April. It was written purely in jest and not to be taken seriously. It is a joke, not a d**k. Don’t take it too hard. 

The author knew it was mean spirited and not funny. This is the equivalent of YouTube "pranksters" saying, "It was just a joke, bro!"

Again, I'm not against April Fools things in general. People have posted several good ones here. There just seems to be a wave of not funny, and even mean spirited things this year.