Hello Porsche and Speed Champions fans,

Porsche 906 aka Carrera 6 is a street-legal racing car from Porsche. It was announced in January 1966 and 50 examples were subsequently produced, thus meeting the homologation requirements of the FIA's new Group 4 Sports Car category to the number. The type would also compete in modified form in the Group 6 Sports Prototype class. For the year of the car's debut in 1966, it achieved numerous victories. The main inspiration came from a plastic toy car which I received as a child. Building instructions are available on the following links:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-106735/_TLG_/porsche-906

It is a studless build in the new, 8 studs wide Speed Champions style. I wanted to create a sleek model which is as accurate as possible in this small scale. I prefer the brick built solutions to keep the flexibility of the used parts in further builds, and therefore only a standard vehicle registration plate sticker is used.

My intent was to keep the width-length-height ratio of the real car and this size makes it possible. The model contains lots of details: for example the emblematic front, the side view mirrors, the side air intakes etc. . Maybe the most challenging one was the iconic headlight,  lots of solutions were tested before the final one. I tried to fill every unnecessary gaps and therefore some tricky build techniques are used.

The model has space for one minifigure. I suggest to use a helmet or small hair.

Thanks for visiting,
_TLG_

51972273437_5c3fa03760_z.jpgPorsche 906 - Instructions 1 by László Torma, on Flickr

51973276026_807a48246e_z.jpgPorsche 906 - Instructions 2 by László Torma, on Flickr

51973276006_2ffb05c2f1_z.jpgPorsche 906 - Instructions 3 by László Torma, on Flickr

51973350318_2618d35f2c_z.jpgPorsche 906 - Instructions 4 by László Torma, on Flickr

51973275946_016ff01d00_z.jpgPorsche 906 - Instructions 5 by László Torma, on Flickr

51973564669_06ea0f0168_z.jpgPorsche 906 - Instructions 6 by László Torma, on Flickr

51973564639_16ec366ca9_z.jpgPorsche 906 - Instructions 7 by László Torma, on Flickr

51973564609_57eb4c49e8_z.jpgPorsche 906 - Instructions 8 by László Torma, on Flickr

Great job capturing the curves of this sports car. Your design for the headlights is great.

Wow that's great. 

Pity there isn't a more 'domed' windscreen for the front glass (that would been good for the speed champs 512m too)

23 minutes ago, Merlict said:

Wow that's great. 

Pity there isn't a more 'domed' windscreen for the front glass (that would been good for the speed champs 512m too)

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I agree, the windscreen could be better. I have reviewed all of the available parts and I haven't found better solution than this one. I think this one is better than the windscreen of 512M, that is more curvy in the middle, but I don't like its conical front and also couldn't be transferred nicely to the rear windscreen. I prefer the brick built solutions and the used part already have red print, which is not perfect for this car, but fits :)