Sign in to follow this  
JohnsLegos

Caterpillar bulldozer issue

I just started to build the Cat D11 bulldozer yesterday and ran into an issue on the step in the provided photo and see if anyone out there ran into this problem also. As I got to this step I put it together as the book shows but when I put in onto the center part to hold it in place they woudn't go on. I backed up a few steps to see if I put everything together correct and it seems I did so I took one of the partial discs off the bottom and it went on. Any ideas???

20220328_121219.jpg

There are two types of those black round bricks. Some have a round hole on their side but no axle hole on top, others have the axle hole on top but not the hole on the side.

https://brickset.com/parts/design-17485

https://brickset.com/parts/design-6143

From what I remember both types are present in the bags when building this part of the dozer so you need to make sure you've used the correct one for each step.

I guess you have to rotate both subparts 90 degrees and insert to the central axle. Hope it helps.

On 3/29/2022 at 2:52 AM, A_C said:

I guess you have to rotate both subparts 90 degrees and insert to the central axle. Hope it helps.

The problem is the 2 small round flat pieces in step 1 were put together correctly and the top one the holes lined up with the axle but if you put it on the axle it is too high so I had to remove one of the small discs in step one to make it fit properly.

As said before, after step 3 of the subparts, you have to rotate it 90 degrees. i.e. the tile piece of step 3 should be on the top. Or any picture of your built to further show your problem?