Brides of Damaborg

After the arrival of the first MAESTRO pioneers and the founding of Damaborg, many opportunity seekers arrived in the new settlement. They all tried to help develop the settlement with their strengths. But it was soon clear that what keeps a society going, were women. To tackle this, MAESTRO searched through the Eslandolan territories for single females that were not affraid of an exotic adventure. After a few months the first ships with women on board arrived. Altough they were not tradewear, it was necessary to visit the Customs & Registration Office when arriving. The deal was that once they got married, the new husband paid back the travell costs...

51964919246_06dbfa1c8b_c.jpg

51963914132_ecae5f7a9b_c.jpg

Ofcourse, the soldiers who were stationed in Damaborg, were very happy with the female presence.

51963914177_bb561aa8d8_c.jpg

The customs clerq:

51965199014_dbae1a957f_c.jpg

To make everything well organised and to avoid fights and injuries/dead bodies, the local authorities organised mass dating events. All men interested could participate, but it are the girls who choosed at the end of the day who they would like to date.

With the arrival of the "Brides of Damaborg" (as the ladies were called quickly), the development of Damaborg entered a new stage. The "Brides" knew in advance their task was not being a housewife, but they were really expected to help collecting, producing or crafting resources and ofcourse secure the future of the settlement with a next generation.

Note: based on the real world "Brides of Jameston", which I discoverd when looking for inspiration pictures of an early settlement in the new world.

Will be licenced as a medium commercial (Customs & Registration Office)

Edited by Maxim I

Nice custom office.

I'm not surprised that everything is about money with Eslandola... (purpose of the custom : to collect taxes, and that's even the case on wenches import)

sh**tty world !

:pir_laugh2:

14 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Brides of Damaborg

Very good idea and great story! Very nice how you built the building and the sign of the company. The diorama with the women and soldiers looks great.

It's probably just a coincidence. The MAESTRO reminds me of the "Casa de Contratación".

Casa de Contratación

12 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Nice custom office.

I'm not surprised that everything is about money with Eslandola... (purpose of the custom : to collect taxes, and that's even the case on wenches import)

sh**tty world ! :pir_laugh2:

It's just a rumor, I heard Eslandola wants to put a tax on hats. All people who wear a hat have to pay a tax. I hope you are not currently in an Eslandola settlement.

Edited by NOD

12 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Nice custom office.

sh**tty world !

:pir_laugh2:

Hmm, I should specify that it is a Customs & Registration Office :pir_laugh2:

39 minutes ago, NOD said:

Very good idea and great story! Very nice how you built the building and the sign of the company. The diorama with the women and soldiers looks great.

It's probably just a coincidence. The MAESTRO reminds me of the "Casa de Contratación".

Casa de Contratación

It's just a rumor, I heard Eslandola wants to put a tax on hats. All people who wear a hat have to pay a tax. I hope you are not currently in an Eslandola settlement.

Thanks!

The original name stands for "Major (/Mpya Stedor) All-Encompassing Science Trade & Resources Organisation". So that makes sense :pir-sweet:

No no, all fake news. Hats are too important to protect against the sun.

Altough rumours about how we are considering a tax on the colour red and blue in clothing might be more accurate :pir-laugh:

Very sharp! Damaborg is growing nicely! In the tropical heat, pride is your coolest asset. Hold fast on the Morion helms. Any peasent-soldier can dress comfortably.

On 3/29/2022 at 5:02 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Very sharp! Damaborg is growing nicely! In the tropical heat, pride is your coolest asset. Hold fast on the Morion helms. Any peasent-soldier can dress comfortably.

Peasant soldier, peasant soldier, ... Outrageous :pir-laugh:

The regiment of those fine soldiers have fought in the Eslandolan - Mardier war on Isla de Victoria and one of the 3 battalions has even experience in protecting the border of Madin.:pir-laugh:

We just prefer the Morion helms against the sun and it is very handy when exploring against low hanging branches :pir_laugh2:

On 4/2/2022 at 9:16 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Interesting stuff! I just discovered Damaborg. Let's see if I can support :pir-sweet:

Ooooh that would be awesome :pir-huzzah1: