Starwars4J

Looking Towards a New Horizon

poster.gif

Hey guys! With the permission of the staff, I've come to announce that Yoda, Vader, TT, and I have launched the new site: Brick Horizon.

The purpose of this site is to be a community in the ways we remembered, where we can do things the way we'd like to (with the contributions of the community of course). We've been working on this site, in some form or another for several months now, and while it is still a WIP in many senses, we wanted to launch it and let the community get together and help influence and shape it as we grow.

We're going to have several additions and surprises in the coming days, so feel free to register :wink:

Oh, and we'll also have this little thing called the TIE Army if you're interested :grin:

Congratulations guys! It looks great so far. I wish you the best of luck! :thumbup:

:tongue: I joined yesterday when I noticed your subtle new signature. I hope you don't EXILE me when I add my avatar; the administration appears to not like Fabuland... :cry_sad:

I hope you guys have fun. :sweet:

:tongue: I joined yesterday when I noticed your subtle new signature. I hope you don't EXILE me when I add my avatar; the administration appears to not like Fabuland... :cry_sad:

I hope you guys have fun. :sweet:

Yeah I saw, you should have introduced yourself! And people's avatars are totally up to them :tongue: The fabuland thing was actually by request of some people as we were forming the site :look: Sorry! But fabuland has a home here already :wink:

Aw nuts...

Applicants must have a “regular” e-mail address such as ISP e-mail addresses, college addresses, business addresses (…). Therefore NO free e-mail addresses (@aol.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, @gmail.com…) will be allowed.

Guess I'm not gonna be able to join up. But I can still read it at least deino2.gif

Aw nuts...

Guess I'm not gonna be able to join up. But I can still read it at least deino2.gif

E-mail me at justindenise@gmail.com and I'll set you up with one if you'd like :wink:

Congrats! im so glad i could register with my e-mail adress. i knew you guys were going to make a site, i just had a gut feeling. i dont know yet, though. EB was my first lego home, but horizon looks very impressive. like i said on that forum, ill see how everything plays out, and ill visit a lot. nice to see the TIE army again, though i doubt ill join, not enough time... well, good luck! like i said, i will post there as much as i can.

EDIT: just remembered what i was going say: its hard starting all over. I just started to get the whole entire feel of EB,(meaning i post and understand everything fully now, and am interested in many themes/forums, and i have made so many friends and accuaintinces here, and i will lose most of that at BrickHorizen, but many EBers are there, and its good to try different things, so ill see how it goes.) and ive just became a knight.

Edited by JimButcher

Well, this certainly is interesting. I'd love to join, but I've got a hotmail e-mail. We'll see how things go. :sweet:

~Peace

Looks interesting, even though the design is amateurish. The forum looks awful! But I guess the contents of that site are better than its design! at least I hope so for its own good! :sceptic:

I might join, but I've already registered in 1376343 forums, I have a job, and a girlfriend.... I don't think I have enough time for 1 more forum! :cry_sad:

Looks interesting, even though the design is amateurish. The forum looks awful! But I guess the contents of that site are better than its design! at least I hope so for its own good! :sceptic:

I might join, but I've already registered in 1376343 forums, I have a job, and a girlfriend.... I don't think I have enough time for 1 more forum! :cry_sad:

WTF? What a post :hmpf:

Benny *off to join :grin:*

Congrats! im so glad i could register with my e-mail adress. i knew you guys were going to make a site, i just had a gut feeling. i dont know yet, though. EB was my first lego home, but horizon looks very impressive. like i said on that forum, ill see how everything plays out, and ill visit a lot. nice to see the TIE army again, though i doubt ill join, not enough time... well, good luck! like i said, i will post there as much as i can.

EDIT: just remembered what i was going say: its hard starting all over. I just started to get the whole entire feel of EB,(meaning i post and understand everything fully now, and am interested in many themes/forums, and i have made so many friends and accuaintinces here, and i will lose most of that at BrickHorizen, but many EBers are there, and its good to try different things, so ill see how it goes.) and ive just became a knight.

Well you need to do what feels best for you at any given time. We all need to have our 'homes' :wink:

Good stuff! I'll join right away!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Great having you! :grin:

Well, this certainly is interesting. I'd love to join, but I've got a hotmail e-mail. We'll see how things go. :sweet:

~Peace

Like above, if you want to e-mail me I can get you around that :tongue:

WTF? What a post :hmpf:

Benny *off to join :grin:*

Yeah I agree...so far we've gotten nothing but good comments about the design. Although taking a step to make a fresh, unique design often scares people afraid of change from the standard :tongue: If you have any suggestions of course, you're free to make them. As long as you put some thought into it of course :wink:

Edited by Starwars4J

Looks great guys! :thumbup: Sadly I am 2 years underage and I have a yahoo email. Oh well. I will still read the posts! :classic:

Edit: Mistake and also I have an ameritech adress on my computer... That should work.

I've joined!

Edited by ~VBBN~

I honestly don't see why certain themes are not allowed to be discussed on a forum about lego. It really seems like you're excluding certain lego fans (And I mean mature ones) - though for what reason I can't tell. :sceptic:

Edited by Grevious

I guess Fabuland is excluded for obvious reasons (Hint: EB...) and Bionicle isn't LEGO - it doesn't fit the system.

I honestly don't see why certain themes are not allowed to be discussed on a forum about lego. It really seems like you're excluding certain lego fans (And I mean mature ones) - though for what reason I can't tell. :sceptic:

You mean Bionicle? I know you do like that theme, and while there are many users who are able to carry on entirely mature discussions about the theme like you said, for some reason that decision was made. Keep in mind that the forum is still very much in it's infancy, and many things are likely to change. Who knows, that might be one of them :wink: If of course that's all you're really looking for I'd have to point you to BZP :wink:

I decided to join now, but I usually have trouble being a part of more than one forum site. I'll try and manage it! :classic: I wish you all good luck!

You mean Bionicle? I know you do like that theme, and while there are many users who are able to carry on entirely mature discussions about the theme like you said, for some reason that decision was made. Keep in mind that the forum is still very much in it's infancy, and many things are likely to change. Who knows, that might be one of them If of course that's all you're really looking for I'd have to point you to BZP

Oh no, not just Bionicle. I was also upset that Fabuland was banned, because it's really a cool theme. :sad:

Honestly, though, I'm really not getting this whole forum split at all. Granted, I don't know all the inner details about this separation, but it almost seems like the admins who left are making to big a deal about it.

I mean, you're posting a link to the new site here, members from eurobricks are joining your new forum, and everyone in general seems to be on friendly relations. So why can't everyone just make up? I really feel like the heart and soul has been ripped out of Eurobricks, because members like you, Double T, xwingyoda, and Vader were some of the liveliest people on this forum. It's really sad that it doesn't look like any of them will ever return to Eurobricks. :sadnew:

Again, I don't really know how big a deal this split really was, but some part of me is saying that it's too much ruckus over a problem that isn't so big. I guess you've all made up your minds, but to me it doesn't seem like it's really worth talking on two separate forums just so we can discuss lego with only four former Eurobricks members. I just think there could have been a better solution than this. :sad:

Oh no, not just Bionicle. I was also upset that Fabuland was banned, because it's really a cool theme. :sad:

Ah, well while we probably would have done that regardless for (as mentioned obvious reasons), that was requested by several people while we were making the forum. There's no need for it anyway, if people want Fabuland, they have Eurobricks :wink:

Honestly, though, I'm really not getting this whole forum split at all. Granted, I don't know all the inner details about this separation, but it almost seems like the admins who left are making to big a deal about it.

I mean, you're posting a link to the new site here, members from eurobricks are joining your new forum, and everyone in general seems to be on friendly relations. So why can't everyone just make up? I really feel like the heart and soul has been ripped out of Eurobricks, because members like you, Double T, xwingyoda, and Vader were some of the liveliest people on this forum. It's really sad that it doesn't look like any of them will ever return to Eurobricks. :sadnew:

It's a long story that sadly would get this topic closed if I talked about it, so best to leave it alone here. As for making a big deal, I don't think we have at all. We just didn't feel we could continue on here any more, as so we made a new home for ourselves, and any friends that wanted to join. We wish nothing but the best for EB, and hold nothing against any of their members.

Again, I don't really know how big a deal this split really was, but some part of me is saying that it's too much ruckus over a problem that isn't so big. I guess you've all made up your minds, but to me it doesn't seem like it's really worth talking on two separate forums just so we can discuss lego with only four former Eurobricks members. I just think there could have been a better solution than this. :sad:

That's the unfortunate problem with having everything kept hush hush, but that was the decision of the staff here and we need to respect that. The problem was substantial though, I can assure you of that. As for what's worth it, that's entirely up to you, nobody's twisting your arm to join :tongue: I just posted this here at the request of Hinckley so that any of our friends who wanted to, could stop by. There are a lot of familiar faces, and a bunch of new ones too, though :grin:

We do have some exciting things coming up in this next week however, so be sure to watch for 'em :thumbup:

That's the unfortunate problem with having everything kept hush hush, but that was the decision of the staff here and we need to respect that. The problem was substantial though, I can assure you of that. As for what's worth it, that's entirely up to you, nobody's twisting your arm to join I just posted this here at the request of Hinckley so that any of our friends who wanted to, could stop by. There are a lot of familiar faces, and a bunch of new ones too, though

Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe I will join soon. Can I expect any more great set reviews from you guys in the near future? :classic:

Edit: Darn, looks like I can't join yet - I'm only 15 and a half. Question - is the age rule strictly enforced, or is it fairly lax as long as underage members are mature, like on here?

Edited by Grevious

Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe I will join soon. Can I expect any more great set reviews from you guys in the near future? :classic:

Edit: Darn, looks like I can't join yet - I'm only 15 and a half. Question - is the age rule strictly enforced, or is it fairly lax as long as underage members are mature, like on here?

We already have some set reviews up, and you definitely can expect more in the near future. As for the age rule, it's pretty lax. As long as people can behave and not spam, etc., they're welcome on the site. We do have Vader and Yoda keeping the peace afterall :devil:

As for the age rule, it's pretty lax. As long as people can behave and not spam, etc., they're welcome on the site. We do have Vader and Yoda keeping the peace afterall

Great! I guess I'll go join right now email you since I only have a free email address. :tongue: And yeah, with a jedi and a sith as admins, everyone should keep in line. :grin:

Edited by Grevious

I joined... yeah, it's still a really young site, right? There arn't that many posts...

I joined... yeah, it's still a really young site, right? There arn't that many posts...

It started four days ago, so yeah it's young :P Nearly 80 members after edit days isn't half bad ;) I'm loving the pace

Edit: Forgot about the weekend :tongue: Man it went by fast :sad: Thankfully things always pick up during the week :wink:

Edited by Starwars4J