Other Work:

CDC2 CMF: socalbricks

[Freebuild] Cobold's Crusaders (REVAMP)

I'm back! After last year's fun CDC2 CMF, I was inspired to make more characters for the guilds. Enjoy!

GoH Figures (1)

Geovana
Guild: Mitgardia
A sorceress who was adopted at a young age by amethyst-worshipping monks. Taught to harness the stones' power, she is now the last of her order. Despite this, she has vowed to defend the amethysts from pesky dwarven miners until her last breath.  

Boab
Guild: Kaliphlin
A blind naga assassin who can “see” through heightened senses of hearing and smell. His strongest ability is his sense of touch, using his hands, tail, and the hollow end of his spear to track nearby movements. A being of few words, he is steadfastly loyal to the Desert King (his mentor and first employer).

Maridia
Guild: Valyrio
A mermaid who has made a small fortune selling the treasure she found at the bottom of Valyrio's harbors. Having learned water sorcery from her fellow merfolk, Maridia travels all throughout Valyrio's coastal cities, resting on a floating pool of water. She is currently making a sizable amount of money salvaging sunken treasure from Valyrian harbors and selling it in Canal Square. She has heard many tales of far-off lands from her customers; she plans on seeing all of them once she has enough money! 

GoH Figures (2)

Sko-Khan
Guild: Nocturnus
A soldier who was stranded in a massive pit during the war against Raavage, Sko-Khan spent weeks fighting off (and eating) giant scorpions (it was during this time that he ripped off a scorpion's claw and uses it as a weapon). After climbing out of the ravine himself, he became a muscle-for-hire for various Nocturnan warlords. He still carries the claw to this day, and has adorned his armor with matching scorpion imagery as a sign of respect for his old foes.

Dombard the Doom-Bard
Most bards lift the spirits with stories of bravery and heroism. Not Dombard - for reasons still unknown, he aspires to make his listeners as angry and miserable as possible. His lute (forged from and doubling as an axe) is unpleasant to the ears, and his voice is described as sounding like “nails on a chalkboard” and “a vulture being strangled” It is said that the latter is so grating that it can send members of races with “sensitive hearing” (such as elves and centaurs) into catatonic shock.

Garrus
Garrus saw his home of Abyssian turn to ice at the hands of Raavage’s forces. Though he survived the attack, his forearms did not, and he had them replaced with primitive prosthetics. Filled with rage, he decided to track down those responsible for the attack, adding massive swords to his prosthetics. Leaving a trail of bodies, he soon heard word that Raavage had already been killed (thus depriving him of his revenge). With no home, family, or outlet for his rage, the hulking reptilian became a brutal bounty hunter. Though he has mellowed with time, his infamous reputation remains unchanged (as does his enthusiasm for violence).

Spoiler

Behind the Scenes

• I'll admit, all of these figures (save for Garrus) were very "last minute". I was planning on displaying them at Bricks Cascade and wanted to get a shot of them in the lightbox before I went back to college in Oregon. Some of them turned out great (Geovana, Maridia, and Dombard) while others seem really unpolished to me in hindsight (Boab and Sko-Khan).
    • Sko-Khan was centered entirely around two "seed parts" (his dark red claw and "scorpion armor"). Boab is just bland; though I suppose it makes sense for a blind mercenary character to eschew colorful clothing. 
  • Building these figures made me realize that I really need to make some more "light-hearted" Nocturnan characters! Every character I've built is either a brutal mercenary, warlord, war-criminal, or femme fatale! :laugh: I suppose the presence of cutthroat characters makes sense - Raavage's death left a massive power vacuum, leaving lots of room of warlords who will gladly pay for protection.
  • You might have noticed the lack of Avalonians - I'll definitely be building more of them in the future, but I figured I already had enough of them (Kars, Ayra Valken, Brielle Valken, Gertrude "Gerti Eilinger", and Shriana) and that the other guilds needed some more love.

Edited by socalbricks

I really like all of these.  My favorites are Boab and Sho-Khan.  Some really nice combinations here, Garrus has a nice funky mixture of parts.  Maridia's colors work well together, the new moon warrior from the CMF is so useful.  Is Boab's head from one of the inquisitors from Star Wars?

@zoth33 Thank you - I'm glad you like them! 

On 3/26/2022 at 8:39 AM, zoth33 said:

Is Boab's head from one of the inquisitors from Star Wars?

It is! I got the head years ago (not sure where; it might've been a Bricks & Minifigs store). The piece comes from the Fifth Brother - he's become super expensive after the recent trailer for Kenobi!

4 hours ago, socalbricks said:

@zoth33 Thank you - I'm glad you like them! 

It is! I got the head years ago (not sure where; it might've been a Bricks & Minifigs store). The piece comes from the Fifth Brother - he's become super expensive after the recent trailer for Kenobi!

I thought so thanks.  Of course the fig/head is now expensive because of the new Kenobi show.  

Nice job!  I like the dark red helmet.  The consistency between the dark red figs is great, and I like the unusual bottom torsos on the first pic!

On 8/10/2022 at 7:33 AM, Grover said:

Nice job!  I like the dark red helmet.  The consistency between the dark red figs is great, and I like the unusual bottom torsos on the first pic!

Thank you so much! :laugh:

Edited by socalbricks