Sign in to follow this  
Keymonus

[OL-FotL-Cat1A] The sons of the East

White banner soldiers on Jinzi (El Oleonda)

From Jameis Farstrider’s Guide to Halos:

51864437372_93e7a17f43_o.png   White, the Wind Dragon Banner - When called upon, the White Wind Banner levies its troops from the Empire easternmost province, straddling the border with the Bouton and Peri protectorates. As such, it is not uncommon to find mercenaries from those nations amongst its ranks.

Lotus Empire soldiers, white banner

From left to right:

1) Banersbi warrior:

Native of the southern archipelago of Banersbi, these warriors often fight as mercenaries in Lotii (but also Gerlo and Monomonto) armies. Accustomed to fighting in the jungles of their motherland, they will probably be particularly useful in the skirmishes on El Oleonda. Banersbi warriors usually fight using firearms and exotic-looking blades, called kriss and mandau.

2) Nakay tribe head hunter:

With a custom considered barbarian by foreigners, the warriors of some Banersbi tribes keep the preserved heads of killed enemies as amulets. Here a Nakay warrior shows with pride a shrunken head, the result of a complex and highly ritualised procedure.

3-4) Lotii musketeers:

While cavalry dominates the armies of some banners, the soldiers of the easternmost Lotii provinces and of the vassal kingdoms fight almost exclusively on foot. Lotii musketeers fight in close formations, very similar to Madrician line infantry. White Banner soldiers can usually rely on efficient flintlock weapons, far superior to the matchlocks of other units.

5) Wei Lang, high officer of the White Banner:

Lotii commanders usually wear elegant civilian clothes and traditional hats instead of a real uniform. Generals often carry decorated fans or other symbols of power, and sometimes a dao or a similar sword. 

6) Lotii swordsman:

A musket is a powerful weapon but, when the gunpowder finishes or gets wet, it becomes nothing more than a club. A sword, instead, remains deadly also under tropical rain. Charging the enemy with a sword and a shield can seem antiquated, but can still be surprisingly effective 

7-8) Bouton warriors:

Warriors from the vassal state of Bouton wear bright, colourful clothes and sometimes bell-shaped bronze elms. Known as fierce fighters, Bouton warriors fight with spears and short swords. Some of them are also equipped with firearms, usually antiquated but robust matchlock muskets.

Edited by Keymonus

Thank you! My Banersbi warriors are loosely based on Borneo warriors, while the Bouton people are more based on ancient Siam/Burma warriors.

Nice how you included the vasals of the Lotus Empire into your entry.

The headhunter is well thought and very nice executed! :pir-murder:.

Good and interesting description. The guys look like Lotii pirates.

Excellent entry! I like how you've also included vassals of the Lotus Empire, just like @Jeff of Clubs did with his. The builds are great and the descriptions are equally interesting :thumbup:. I love how you did the bell hat.

Thank you guys! I found online some nice drawings of Southeast Asian warriors and I realised how little I knew about the real-life reigns of the area in our timeframe… and that nobody really depicted them with LEGOs

Excellent entry and certainly one of the most creative yet. I recognised the references to South-East Asian cultures straight away, they are excellently represented with you figures. The Lotii commander's head gear is also very creative and looks fantastic. Great entry!