Sign in to follow this  
Justsomebrix

[COR-Cruisers of Terra Nova] class 6 Corvette

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 

Samuel Scarver had been following Corringtons actions closely as the threat of the Lotii in New Haven grew bigger by the day... knowing that our leaders would never let them get away with it. When news of a planned invasion finally arrived, he knew he had to help. In his prime he would have taken a Letter of Marque and gone there himself, alas, his age would not allow him. However, retired from a successful trade company, Samuel owned a good handful of ships. So he had his best warship restored and ready for action.

She was a Corvette he had captured on one of his trade expeditions all those years ago. The ship was fast and well armed, with a total of 18x 8-pounder guns, 4x 6-pounders : 2 bow chasers and 2 stern chasers, and to top it all off, 10 swivel guns to repel all boarders. She was the perfect escort, not a single piece of cargo was ever lost under her protection. 

In many ways she reminded him a lot of his mother, as she had always shielded him from danger, despite how hard he made it. So he named her, Alexandra, his mother's name, and had the figurehead represent her holding her favorite bird, the hummingbird. To tell the truth, he was sad to let her go… But he knew she would serve the Queen well, just like she had him. And to a man who bled the colors of Corrington, nothing meant more.

He contacted an old friend of his from the Noble Parliament, whom he intrusted to find a suitable captain for the ship. With her Majesty's Navy having no shortage of experienced naval officers, the ship was immediatly assigned to an up-and-coming captain Foster. A mere 3 days later, Samuel Scarver stood at the docks of Belson, as he watched HMS Alexandra sail into the sunset. 

 

Corvette ship moc

(There are actually 9 figures barely visible / invisible from the angle I took the image :pir_wacko: ) 

Corvette ship moc

 

Corvette ship moc

 

Corvette ship moc

 

corvette

 

corvette

-----------

A new Cruiser for the Navy! She is a class 6 Corvette built for the Oaken Shield task, you are free to decide her stats, otherwise she is ready to be licenced.  

This ship is heavily inspired by one of "boeing_787_8_dreamliner" ships on instagram, he makes som very nice ships and was nice enough to send me the file for his ship "La Therese". I learned a lot of new technics from his ship and I borrowed 90% of his fantastic rigging as well as some other parts.

(Samuel Scarver is Edward's father and was referred to in my character's introduction)

Edited by Justsomebrix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful! The furled sails work really well. I'm a big fan of the dark hull.

In the last pic the ship seems a little taller than similar ships I've seen, but I'm no expert.

Nice work with the sea tiles in the first pic. Would love some more closeup shots of the figs on the ship

A GoC :thumbup: from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a very beautiful and well built ship! You did a good job on the most difficult part, the ship's bow and stern. With the rigging and sails it looks great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautyful one, too smart for Corrington, for sure !

If you want money or a resonant title, sure the Sea Rats can do better (we offer twice more)

 

I love your stern, very baroque...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truelly amazing job you did here!

I love the rigging and the amount of gold ornament and detailling!

fantastic :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

the amount of gold ornament

I figured that was a long shot... :pir-sceptic:

It's not like if his coffers are glutted !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, evancelt said:

Beautiful! The furled sails work really well. I'm a big fan of the dark hull.

In the last pic the ship seems a little taller than similar ships I've seen, but I'm no expert.

Nice work with the sea tiles in the first pic. Would love some more closeup shots of the figs on the ship

A GoC :thumbup: from me.

Thank you ! The ship is indeed a bit tall, I want my ships to be able to have standing minifigures inside them so I had to make it taller than it would be in real life. boeing_787_8_dreamliner  made his much more proportionnaly accurate to a real corvette (subsequently his shape also looks better imo), but because of the ditance between the floor and roof inside was only about 7 studs.

I went a head and rendered a few close up shots but it made my pc crash :pir_wacko: , I'll try again at a later time and tag you  

3 hours ago, NOD said:

This is a very beautiful and well built ship! You did a good job on the most difficult part, the ship's bow and stern. With the rigging and sails it looks great.

 

Thank you !

2 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Beautyful one, too smart for Corrington, for sure !

If you want money or a resonant title, sure the Sea Rats can do better (we offer twice more)

 

I love your stern, very baroque...

I must admit, it would blend in better with an Oleon or Sea Rat fleet :pir-grin:

37 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

Truelly amazing job you did here!

I love the rigging and the amount of gold ornament and detailling!

fantastic :)

Thank you very much ! I love the gold as well ! 

16 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

I figured that was a long shot... :pir-sceptic:

It's not like if his coffers are glutted !

But it looks good haha

We can say it was already decorated that way when he captured her :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Wonderful ship and a fetching story to boot. Love the colors you chose!

 

1 hour ago, Brickwolf said:

Beautiul ship! :thumbup:

Thank you both!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As all the others have stated, very nice work. Would love to see this one in a greater reallife MOC anchored on a beach or something. Great work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Build a ship with dark blue and gold highlights on a dark brown hull and I'm fairly sure to love it, and this certainly is no exception! :wub:  The rigging and curves are lovely as well, and the stern area is just beautiful (do those windows actually come in gold? :drool:  If they do I totally need some!! :grin:)  Fantastic work, mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2022 at 6:08 PM, Fraunces said:

As all the others have stated, very nice work. Would love to see this one in a greater reallife MOC anchored on a beach or something. Great work.

Thank you, I would love to but sadly ceveral of the pieces don't exist in the colors I used :/ 

I will eventiually build a frigate style ship in real bricks.

21 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Build a ship with dark blue and gold highlights on a dark brown hull and I'm fairly sure to love it, and this certainly is no exception! :wub:  The rigging and curves are lovely as well, and the stern area is just beautiful (do those windows actually come in gold? :drool:  If they do I totally need some!! :grin:)  Fantastic work, mate!

Thank you garmadon ! Sadly I didn't keep in made the irl avaible colors :pir_wacko: 

7 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Amazingly beautiful ship, I love the shaping! The rigging is well done too. An excellent ship for Corrington!

Thank you for the kind words Spud:pir-huzzah2: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.