MKJoshA

MERCENARIES TEAM: Introduction

The Mercenaries

1280x423.JPG

Many people operate from the shadows of the galaxy. Found in back rooms, seedy cantinas, corrupt boardrooms, or smuggler's holds those aligned with the Mercenaries can be seen in every corner of the galaxy.

The Mercenaries Faction:

The Mercenaries are more than just Bounty Hunters, here are examples of some of the many groups who form the Mercenaries.

IMG_0088.JPG

Smugglers

Sometimes the quickest way to make a credit or two is to be quick. Getting past blockades, avoiding port fees, or dodging fleets of ships smugglers pride themselves in getting goods to their customers.

Bounty Hunters

Whether part of a guild or acting as a free-lancer bounty hunters can find your target, for the right price. With advancing technology making carbon freezing more safe for lifeforms it's only getting easier to have your bounty delivered to you warm or cold.

Mandalorians

After the fall of their planet to the Empire, the people of Mandalore scattered across the stars. Still a fierce race of people, and armed with personal Beskar armor, Mandalorians have many skills that make them sought after by anyone with enough credits or a job noble enough to attract their interest.

How to join the Mercenaries

To join the Mercenaries Faction, drop a message here or PM Leaders: @Jody Meyer or TBD, to express your interest. All builders are invited. There are no expectations for how much or what you need to build, and all building is encouraged and welcomed.

Faction Information

For RPG rules and information on game mechanics, please refer to the Core Rules Page, linked here:

__________________________________________________________________________________

The Mercenaries is run by the Mercenaries Leadership Team. This consists of the two to three most active players, measured through numbers of builds, community involvement and helping to run the Team. All players however, are welcomed to participate in the decision making process and the way in which the Team is run will be flexible and dependent on member involvement and numbers of members.

Faction Bonuses

Throughout the RPG, each faction is offered XP bonuses which are redeemable by incorporating specific elements, figures or storylines into your builds. The current bonuses are:

• Mandalorians: Include Beskar in your build and get +2 XP
  • Smugglers: Show the smuggling of something in your build and get +3 XP
  • Syndicates: Show a bounty hunter for hire in your build and get +3 XP

Most importantly of all: have fun and may the force be with you!

Welcome
Founded originally with the name Freelance Mercenary Corps it was quickly changed to The Mercenary Guild in just a few days. Formed from a group of veterans who refused an easy life of luxury most of the founding members were force sensitive and warriors at heart. They decided that they needed a change in life and independence from lifelong service to various governments. Pooling their resources they assembled perhaps the largest independent fleet in the galaxy.

They offer their services to those that can pay, generally wealthy individuals. They boast a mighty fleet and ground forces. They believe might makes right and are not above culling the weak and useless from the galaxy.

They are held together by strong bonds of friendship and loyalty and are open to accepting any sentient being with a like mindset who can equally handle weapons and the Force..
Black_Curs_Banner.png.a5eadeb03e82a92dd549b91a904a379e.png

Edited by Jody Meyer
update

yperioposteratjbx.jpg

Yperio Syn was a freight broker for the Baobab Merchant Fleet and most recently he ran the Con Star Mining Corporation's Office on Tyne's Horkey where i made contact with local crimelords... After a short stint for the Soccory Trade Guild he had to go underground after a mission to Orvax IV failed badly. Syn had to flee and joined some smugglers on Fwillsving. Syn now asks to join the mercenaries faction.

Spoiler

If it is allowed, i would like to keep my charakter from Factions season 2, where i had the chance to post one moc only. Syn is not finished yet!

14 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yperio Syn was a freight broker for the Baobab Merchant Fleet and most recently he ran the Con Star Mining Corporation's Office on Tyne's Horkey where i made contact with local crimelords... After a short stint for the Soccory Trade Guild he had to go underground after a mission to Orvax IV failed badly. Syn had to flee and joined some smugglers on Fwillsving. Syn now asks to join the mercenaries faction.

Reveal hidden contents

If it is allowed, i would like to keep my charakter from Factions season 2, where i had the chance to post one moc only. Syn is not finished yet!

Great to have you! And yes, you are certainly allowed to continue using Syn.

Hello there!

I would like to join the Mercenaries in this little game - here is my Sig Fig and a quick background recap:

B'odun Narth

Gun for hire - no questions asked.

B'odun was once a proud and righteous mandalorian, but the empires crimes on Mandalore stripped away any pity and softness from him. Since that time he has made his way in the galaxy as a gun for hire - working both as muscle and as bountyhunter. He has his own ship and takes pride in doing things by himself.

X9ynjGpm.jpg

I hope you will accept my entry, and i hope it is okay that i will do most of my builds digitally - i dont have many physical bricks, but would very much like to join :)

Kind regards, Jon

Welcome, and I am 100% digital...Studio and blender....there is a contest going not to sure you  caught it, have a look through, ask questions.:vader:

I have seen the contest, and planning on entering.

I just post any build i normally would, and then im in the contest? 

Check out the new storyline topic for your team! Updates on how your team is reacting to different events in the galaxy will be posted there. Any who knows, if your MOC has the right kind of storytelling and lore it could get featured there!

Meet Captain Goren "Shadowhawk" Sandar: The Rogue Scout Trooper"

53355771733_bbf443ccf7_z.jpg

Captain Sandar served as an elite Scout Trooper in the Imperial forces during the Galactic Civil War. He earned a reputation as an exceptional sniper, utilizing his keen marksmanship to strike from the shadows.

Post-war, Sandar shifted from Imperial service to a lucrative career as a mercenary. He now protects illegal businesses, transports smuggled goods, and sets up mercenary groups for various underworld figures. Sandar engages in sabotage, assassinations, coups and other covert operations for prominent criminal entities.

Sandar's loyal companion, is a droid, named Nutty. Originally a loader droid, Nutty transformed by Sandar himself into and indispensable helper and battle companion.

53355880769_10abda24cd_z.jpg

Captain Goren Sandar represents the intriguing intersection of Imperial loyalty, mercenary cunning, and a unique partnership with his droid companion.

53355548981_4b1212167c_z.jpg 

PS 1: I kept my character's head from "Great Brick War" RPG

PS 2: I turned my character's name from"Great Brick War" (George Saunders) to something Starwarsian 

Edited by paintballman

2 hours ago, paintballman said:

Meet Captain Goren "Shadowhawk" Sandar: The Rogue Scout Trooper"

Welcome to the party! Great to have you aboard!

On 11/26/2023 at 1:05 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Welcome to the party! Great to have you aboard!

Thank you!

21 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Welcome @paintballman

Thank you !!

21 minutes ago, Jody Meyer said:

Welcome @paintballman, great looking build, love the back that you use reak material for your back drop (sand.) @MKJoshA please give access to mercenary forum please. I would if I could.

Thank you ! Usually in my builds for Eurobricks games I do not use other materials (just for my minifigures on Instagram), but this was my characher presentation!

Hello! I was interested in joining the mercenaries. Here's my character:

53559641390_eb5090fab6_w.jpg

Draic Nord
A former member of the Death Watch, he escaped Mandalore when the Empire took control.  He joined a guild and started operating as a bounty hunter to survive. Near the end of the Empire, the guild disintegrated and Draic with his associates started his own organization which has only continued to expand and grow more powerful. He's a mercenary, often contacted by both the Imperial remnants and the New Republic for jobs.

https://flic.kr/p/2pATaoW

Edited by Brickuser24