MKJoshA

LIGHT SIDE TEAM: Introduction

The Light Side

1280x431.JPG

The Jedi Code stated:
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Those who align themselves with The Light Side don't necessarily all follow this Code. But they at least seek to emulate the Jedi who followed it in days gone by.

The Light Side Faction:

The Light Side is more than just Rebel Scum, here are examples of some of the many groups who form the Light Side.

IMG_0114.JPG

The New Republic

With the fall of the Emperor, and the eventual collapse of the Empire on the horizon, the Alliance to Restore the Republic transitioned into a new galactic government: the New Republic. Now boasting the largest and most advanced military force in the Galaxy. The New Republic is a conglomerate of member worlds, each represented in the re-instituted Galactic Senate. Membership of the New Republic offers economic benefits as well as the guarantee of its security umbrella, and its diverse members include the ecumenopolises like Coruscant and Hosnian Prime, pacifist states like Naboo and military powerhouses like Mon Cala, and industrial centers like Corellia and Sullust, governed on the Capital planet of Chandrilla.

CorSec

The industrial planet of CorSec has long maintained an effective military force - CorSec - to protect its interests abroad and defend its homeworld. Once aligned with the Galactic Empire the planet now pledges its allegiance to the New Republic, and alongside Mon Cala it is a major supplier of the New Republic fleet. CorSec also manages a major intelligence gathering operation, working continuously to ensure the complete destruction of the remnants of the Empire through systematic espionage and intelligence.

Jedi Temple of Luke Skywalker

With the dawn of the Empire, the Jedi Order was purged, however with the Return of the Jedi, and opportunity arises for a new generation of Jedi protectors. Trained by the Jedi Master Skywalker, the new temple is being rebuilt on a hidden jungle planet. Now disconnected from the New Republic, unlike the original Jedi Order that preceded it, the rebuilt Temple offer sanctuary and a haven for the training of new Padawans.

Note: while all builders are welcome to feature or refer to the Jedi Temple in their builds, building directly for this sub-Faction or utilizing any future XP bonuses for it requires players to surpass a personal 30XP threshold per leader @Stuartn.

How to join the Light Side

To join the Light Side Faction, drop a message here or PM Leaders: @Stuartn & TBD, to express your interest. All builders are invited. There are no expectations for how much or what you need to build, but all building is encouraged and welcomed.

Faction Information

For RPG rules and information on game mechanics, please refer to the Core Rules Page, linked here:

__________________________________________________________________________________

The Light Side is run by the Light Side Leadership Team. This consists of the two to three most active players, measured through numbers of builds, community involvement and helping to run the Team. All players however, are welcomed to participate in the decision making process and the way in which the Team is run will be flexible and dependent on member involvement and numbers of members.

Faction Bonuses

Throughout the RPG, each faction is offered XP bonuses which are redeemable by incorporating specific elements, figures or storylines into your builds. The current bonuses are:

• The New Republic: Include a senator in your build and get +2 XP
  • CorSec: Include an intelligence agent in your build and get +3 XP
  • Rogue Squadron: Include a one to two man starfighter in your build and get +5 XP

Most importantly of all: have fun and may the force be with you!

General "J9" Solo is reporting in.

Someone gave me two stars and and told me to build up the Corellian Peacekeeping Forces. So I formed  small elite force which work so quiet and effective that Mon Mothma offered me the official position of a General in the New Republic Defence Force. Based on my experience, links and knowledge @ CorSec my new task was again to form a special operations unit, capable of Agressive Deepspace  Intervention and Recon Task Force 99 (A-DIRT). CorSec allowed me (after a "bid" of Mon Mothma)  to take the HC75 and Heavy fighters from  my last mission with me as a starting point of the 99th.

51726770725_6f02846f96.jpg20211205_123843 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

52011544364_86c38e1412.jpgBild2 by Jan Südmersen, auf Flickr

Edited by jansued

I'd want to be on the New Republic's side of course - a little sad that this is set in the new canon timeline :/

But on the upside, that gives me more to work with as I have fewer reservations of just making stuff up for that timeline :grin:

One question for the worldbuilding.. When talking about CorSec, it (a system police force) is said to be a supplier of the NR military. Is that the case in new-canon? Cause I initially assumed it was a typo and you were thinking of the Corellian Engineering Corporation.

Edited by Ephseb

59 minutes ago, Ephseb said:

I'd want to be on the New Republic's side of course - a little sad that this is set in the new canon timeline :/

But on the upside, that gives me more to work with as I have fewer reservations of just making stuff up for that timeline :grin:

One question for the worldbuilding.. When talking about CorSec, it (a system police force) is said to be a supplier of the NR military. Is that the case in new-canon? Cause I initially I assumed it was a typo and you were thinking of the Corellian Engineering Corporation.

I'll let @Stuartn add more, but it's not a typo. In the previous RPGs I made Corellian Security its own team, playing off of Corran Horn. This is a nod to both the EU as well as the history that we built up around "our" version of CorSec in Factions. Basically it's making the EU CorSec fit in the new canon.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

I'll let @Stuartn add more, but it's not a typo. In the previous RPGs I made Corellian Security its own team, playing off of Corran Horn. This is a nod to both the EU as well as the history that we built up around "our" version of CorSec in Factions. Basically it's making the EU CorSec fit in the new canon.

Understood! I assume CEC and other corporations like SoroSuub, Hoersch-Kessel, KDY or Loronar still exist and I can use or reference them in builds?

Edited by Stuartn

35 minutes ago, Ephseb said:

Understood! I assume CEC and other corporations like SoroSuub, Hoersch-Kessel, KDY or Loronar still exist and I can use or reference them in builds?

As Professor Thaum has said, absolutely, we've deliberately left every team broadly defined so players can have the options of different subgroups. In respect to different corporations and groups in-universe, you are free to feature any of them, because Legends/EU and the new Disney-canon often contradict themselves, artistic license can be taken with either and you are free to follow any timeline.

Also, welcome aboard!

Kirwin Khathon attached to the New Republic. 

yKyzQkQs.jpg B13: Well looks like your vacation is coming to an end Kirwin! We've got new orders! More mystery and adventure for the team!

nQXDK7Ys.jpg Kirwin: This vacation was nice but I guess it is time to get back to it. The galaxy needs our help B13! Let's get back to helping them! Also, how many popsicles have you eaten during this vacation? Those                                            can't be good for your circuits!

yKyzQkQs.jpg B13: Oh well, er, see you back on the ship Kirwin!

aZnnyyw.jpg

In the submission form, I have to select an answer for "is your entry eligible for IP" - what are IP? It's not in the core rules :/

Edited by Ephseb

58 minutes ago, Ephseb said:

In the submission forum, I have to select an answer for "is your entry eligible for IP" - what are IP? It's not in the core rules :/

Sorry about that! We'll get the rules updated soon. IP stands for Influence Points. That's what you earn for your team if you build in a square they have access to. The Light Side controls P6 and H16 which you can see on the map. That means you can build on any planet in those 2 squares or any of the ones adjacent to them. So for P6 that includes P5, P7, O6, and Q6 as well as H15, H17, G16, and I16. You can build outside those squares, you just won't earn points for your team.

My character introduction:

52043071719_471ceca2ae.jpgMysteries EB-RPG SigFig

Lieutenant Seb "Chase" Koltin

Species: male Human

Homeworld: Vondarc

Affilation: Starfighter Command, Combined Defense Forces of the New Republic

Koltin was born in 21 BBY. After completing his education, he piloted commercial ships in his home sector before being recruited for the Rebellion after the Battle of Derra IV. He flew Z-95s and T-65Bs in the Tapani Sector resistance under former Corellian Senator Garm Bel Iblis and in Bothan Space under the command of Rear Admiral Athras Kre'fey.

Under the New Republic, he has been flying peacekeeping missions out of Kothlis, defending civilian spacetraffic in Bothan Space and adjacent sectors against pirates and upstart Imperial Governors.

Now, he has been sent to the New Republic Starfighter Command base on Phindar, assgined to take a place in the recently-established Blackmoon Squadron, which is outfitted with Incom/FreiTek's newest space superiority fighter - the E-Wing.

2 hours ago, The Sarge said:

Are we required to start our character in a faction controlled sector, or can they start in any sector?

Story-wise they can start anywhere. But your MOCs will only score points if they're posted in areas your team controls or has access to.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Story-wise they can start anywhere. But your MOCs will only score points if they're posted in areas your team controls or has access to.

Great, thanks. I was looking at a couple of the accessible but not controlled sectors to pick a planet I wanted my character introduction MOC to be set on, so that will work well.

Check out the new storyline topic for your team! Updates on how your team is reacting to different events in the galaxy will be posted there. Any who knows, if your MOC has the right kind of storytelling and lore it could get featured there!

The EVIL GALACTIC EMPIRE has fallen. However, sinister agents are already at work
to undermine the fragile peace. Piracy and Fragments of the Dreeded Imperial Fleet are threatening our trade routes.

The High Command of the New Republic is struggling to gather forces to secure the main trade routes. All Planets and Species are needed to fight for our freedom and wealth -all of us, no matter if you are tired of the battles against the Imperium, the Faction Wars or even the Clone Wars. 

We were tasked to build a fighting fleet, travel to Terminus and the Hydian Way and the Corellian Trade Spine. Though I am not your Commander, I would suggest that in remberance of the glorious Blue Squadron of the Rebellion we mark our ships also with a blue colour scheme of your choice.

Through friends of mine on Corellia I was able to purchase a heavy fighter/bomber which was planned to replace the BTL-B. To balance our fleet I would like to know which ships you try to get in service?  And lemme know if you need help for parts - Ex-smuggler always have very good contacts..

Like Uncle Han would say: May the force be with us. If you believe in these things...

General "J9" Solo

Blue_Squadron_SWCT.png

Working for the Rebel Alliance Intelligence Service, Juroden Rox, born on Tyne's Horky, was never a prominent figure of the rebellion. As a member of Strike Team Misericorde he took part in missions all across the Galaxy. Rising from the ranks he became a General of the rebellion in the late stages of the Galactic Civil War.

Rox now got ordered to take command of the Light Side Forces in this time of turmoil and unrest in the Galaxy.

img_0308cbrc5a.jpg

T7TqnES.png

Commander Strok

Race: Trandoshan

Homeworld: Trandosha

While many think Trandoshan's a bitter and often heartless race, Strok is just that. during his youth he was not entertained with the general harassment of Wookies like his commonfolk, rather he focus his resentment on The Empire. At age 20 Strok had became commander of the 32nd's Scouting division, until there early demise in 3 ABY resulting in the amputation of his left arm and leg. Since his injuries he has overseen many scouting and intelligence operations under the New Republic, but he still yearns to return too the battlefield where he can fully utilize his skills.