Horlack Bricks

[MOC] Doctor Who - Daleks

My Dalek v3.0. More perfectionist, and more advanced techniques  + unconventional technique, including being "sandwiched" by a SNOT 180°
All the schematic elements of a Dalek are now represented, in a minimum of space, and a maximum of technicality.

51957417721_35e6ba2d65_b.jpg
Dalek v3.0 by Horlack, on Flickr

Edited by Horlack Bricks

3 hours ago, Horlack Bricks said:

My Dalek v3.0. More perfectionist, and more advanced techniques  + unconventional technique, including being "sandwiched" by a SNOT 180°
This time, I stop. I don't think I could do better. All the schematic elements of a Dalek are now represented, in a minimum of space, and a maximum of technicality.

Dalek v3.0 by Horlack, on Flickr

Hey, as a fan of unconventional building techniques, I really like that head - gives it a much cleaner look. What's the size difference between v2 and v3? I'd love to see this version's head on the second version's body.

Good stuff! It's interesting to see how your designs evolve rather than just posting a final build. My personal favourite is V2, love that whisk :classic:

Is the piece in the red box of V3 a pneumatic hose straight connector? I wasn't aware it existed.

5 hours ago, Roses said:

Hey, as a fan of unconventional building techniques, I really like that head - gives it a much cleaner look. What's the size difference between v2 and v3? I'd love to see this version's head on the second version's body.

done :)
t6ip.png

2 hours ago, ukbajadave said:

Good stuff! It's interesting to see how your designs evolve rather than just posting a final build. My personal favourite is V2, love that whisk :classic:

Is the piece in the red box of V3 a pneumatic hose straight connector? I wasn't aware it existed.

a simple plate 1x1 + part 4595

1r7u.jpg

That last one is lovely - the v2/v3 hybrid.

I like what you did with the head - that's an ingenious technique, and it brilliant that you got the lights and the eyestalk in there.Changing the lower modified tile to black "sells" it.

The proportions look good, and I do like the whisk - but I slightly prefer the gun/arm platform from v3.