Sign in to follow this  
Maxim I

[ESL-FB] Shepherds Simon and Sarah and their flock of sheep

Shepherds Simon and Sarah and their flock of sheep

1 sheep, 2 sheep, 3 sheep, ... .
That looks correct.

It's a beautiful Monday morning. Or Tuesday? Or Wednesday? For the sheep, all days were the same, and for Simon the shepherd, actually, too. Together with his sister Sarah they started a sheep farm here in Damaborg. From MAESTRO they got a nice piece of land at the end of the settlement, Near the wooden ramparts. Which was ideal, because under the walkways Simon made stalls for his sheep.

51952394675_ea800f20d4_c.jpg

So it was a nice morning. In the distance, some murmurs sounded and marching footsteps approached.

Sarah!!!

Sarah recognized the voice, dropped everything, and ran to the fence of the fence.

Maarten!

51951792936_5f3df1f782_c.jpg

Maarten had just returned from a reconnaissance mission. Along with a reconnaissance company, he marched to The Intelligence Headquarters. He received permission from Captain Bert to leave the marching procession and go to his wife Sarah already. After days in the unexplored territories, he was so happy to fall in the arms of Sarah. He could not wait to have a good pint of apple cider as he has so many experiences and stories to tell his wife and brother-in-law.

51952114464_0ec8a57c0e_c.jpg

51951867968_214bb91d0d_c.jpg

(New part of story 24/3)

Simon smiled seeing his brother-in-law and Sarah hugging. Simon arrived just in time as well. The first sheeps could be sheared and the fresh wool has to be sent to the cloth makers of Damaborg. Decent and warm clothing could be very important the moment the bigger exploration missions will start.

Simon looked again to his sheep. A moment of sadness fell over him knowing that some of his sheep will be slaughtered soon for meat. He knows it is a part of the job, but still it is the part he doesn't like. Oh well, Simon is happy the sheep can at graze peacefully without any sorrows right now.

---

Thanks for watching (and reading if you had the time)!

C&C welcome :)

It was a very fun moc to make and happy I could do something with those sheep :pir_laugh2: I discovered that you can place them diagonally as well, wich is genius of LEGO!

will be licenced as a medium plantation. I could have expanded the grasslands with green baseplates and what vegetation, but to be honest, I didn't see the plusvalue of it.

Edited by Maxim I

Fun build! I like the slight bow/curve to the fence line and the walls look good. Sheep!

Interesting tile technique on the building

This is a very beautiful and peaceful diorama! :pir-love: A smart idea to build the stalls below the walkways. The grassy field is uneven and the house is placed at an angle. I like the fence because you can make angles with this construction. The sheep are great, even a rabbit can be seen. It's a good diversity to see green soldiers again.

Lovely herd you have there. :pir-grin:  Nice use of dark orange for the little building too!

Oh I love the split rail fence ... And an added plus I'm now convinced I bought enough sheep for a small flock ... I also really like how you used the coral element. Makes it look like an untamed pasture quite well.  The black poo is concerning ... Might want to build a vet soon!

I am slowly catching up here - nice build and a fine herd of sheep!

I know a guy who would envy you for having soooo many sheep, as they aren't cheap (are they?) :pir_wacko:

And let us not forget the white rabbit!

:pir-huzzah2:

On 3/21/2022 at 11:54 AM, Thomas Waagenaar said:

That's very nice!  I really like how lively it looks with all the sheep and soldiers! Excellent looking fence too!

Thanks! As said in the text, I was happy when I discovered you can place the sheep diagonally. That makes it more organic than only sheeps in 2 directions.

On 3/21/2022 at 1:24 PM, Justsomebrix said:

Now that's a lot of sheep! 

Good looking build, I love sheep cage under the wall

Thanks! Didn't really plan it, but while building, I thought, "hey, the sheep could sleep under the wall".

On 3/21/2022 at 3:15 PM, evancelt said:

Fun build! I like the slight bow/curve to the fence line and the walls look good. Sheep!

Interesting tile technique on the building

Thanks for the praise :pir-sweet: I hoped the ingots would kinda break the flatness.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:26 PM, NOD said:

This is a very beautiful and peaceful diorama! :pir-love: A smart idea to build the stalls below the walkways. The grassy field is uneven and the house is placed at an angle. I like the fence because you can make angles with this construction. The sheep are great, even a rabbit can be seen. It's a good diversity to see green soldiers again.

Thanks for the sweet comment! Glad you like the details!

On 3/21/2022 at 5:09 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Loving this. The manger being built directly into the palisade is an excellent idea!

On 3/21/2022 at 6:16 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Nice build, the cabin is well constructed!

I do wonder how they count all those sheep without falling asleep though! :pir-grin:

Hmmm excellent question hahaha :pir_laugh2:

On 3/21/2022 at 11:01 PM, Fraunces said:

very nice!

Thanks!

On 3/22/2022 at 2:44 AM, Kai NRG said:

Lovely herd you have there. :pir-grin:  Nice use of dark orange for the little building too!

Thanks! The idea of Damaborg is wooden (/timber) buildings with colourfull support beams :pir-sweet:

On 3/22/2022 at 6:10 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Oh I love the split rail fence ... And an added plus I'm now convinced I bought enough sheep for a small flock ... I also really like how you used the coral element. Makes it look like an untamed pasture quite well.  The black poo is concerning ... Might want to build a vet soon!

You can never have enough sheep, but that works for almost every animal/minifig/lego element haha :pir-laugh:

The black poo was a remark of @kabel when seeing my WIP.

On 3/22/2022 at 7:44 PM, blackdeathgr said:

That's what I call a nice flock of sheep! Nice landscaping too. The fence is great.

Thanks! Glad you like the fence :)

On 3/26/2022 at 2:22 PM, Brickwolf said:

Beautiful sheep farm and palisade!

Thanks!

On 4/2/2022 at 9:44 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I am slowly catching up here - nice build and a fine herd of sheep!

I know a guy who would envy you for having soooo many sheep, as they aren't cheap (are they?) :pir_wacko:

And let us not forget the white rabbit!

:pir-huzzah2:

Sheep are doable. But you have to buy them at Bricks & Pieces (or one of those things) at website of LEGO. I even boughth some white rabbits there and blue birds and other cool animals :pir-thumb: