Sign in to follow this  
Captain Pirate Man

The Brick Chat: Lego Live Stream Show

So I am posting this in the Pirates forum, because I am a Pirates fan first and foremost (so it will be a BIG part of this show). Anyways, we will be doing reviews, news, and MORE!!! Come hang out and chat about ALL THINGS LEGO with us!!! Hope to see you all there (Plus we ARE looking for guests from the community for future episodes!!!)

3 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

So I am posting this in the Pirates forum, because I am a Pirates fan first and foremost (so it will be a BIG part of this show)

This looks AWESOME!

But I've only enough time to watch the animated intro.

Now if I only had a spare hour to watch the entire thing before my long voyage...

Click here to watch on YouTube

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

This looks AWESOME!

But I've only enough time to watch the animated intro.

Now if I only had a spare hour to watch the entire thing before my long voyage...

Click here to watch on YouTube

Thank you sir. We ARE in the market for possible guests. So if ANYONE is reading this, and that interests you, let me know. 

9 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

We ARE in the market for possible guests.

A while back we did have an aspiring young chap named @Captain Zuloo who was talented at this kind of thing.

Don't think he visits Eurobricks anymore but maybe if you chased him up, he'd fine some time.

23 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

A while back we did have an aspiring young chap named @Captain Zuloo who was talented at this kind of thing.

Don't think he visits Eurobricks anymore but maybe if you chased him up, he'd fine some time.

Sounds good, Eurobricks has already rounded up another possible guest as well. 

What about you Mister Phes?

I'm interested in being a guest! I can talk about pirates all day haha

On 3/22/2022 at 11:32 PM, Captain Pirate Man said:

What about you Mister Phes?

I have some limitations in this area:

1. I don't have a suitable camera setup for producing quality video.  The only web camera I currently have is in my laptop and that's horrible quality! To make matters worse, my laptop's video card appears to be failing and I'm experiencing horizontal lines running through the screen so I'll either need to get it repaired or replaced completely.

2. I probably could do with some media training before embarking on such a venture - my video presentation skills could use a lot of improving...

3. And as an added bonus: I have hay fever right now so I'm sneezing and sniffling - fun times!

That aside, I've finally got around to watching the first episode!

It was quite insightful and entertaining, particular the observations made about how third-party customizers devalued the Deadpool minifig. But it demonstrates what happens when the LEGO Group fails to meet consumer demands - someone else will.. and profit!

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I have some limitations in this area:

1. I don't have a suitable camera setup for producing quality video.  The only web camera I currently have is in my laptop and that's horrible quality! To make matters worse, my laptop's video card appears to be failing and I'm experiencing horizontal lines running through the screen so I'll either need to get it repaired or replaced completely.

2. I probably could do with some media training before embarking on such a venture - my video presentation skills could use a lot of improving...

3. And as an added bonus: I have hay fever right now so I'm sneezing and sniffling - fun times!

That aside, I've finally got around to watching the first episode!

It was quite insightful and entertaining, particular the observations made about how third-party customizers devalued the Deadpool minifig. But it demonstrates what happens when the LEGO Group fails to meet consumer demands - someone else will.. and profit!

Well sir, I have the next couple of episodes already planned out, so the earliest availability is May 1st. So if you think you might be interested by then, let me know. 

You don't have to have an amazing camera or anything like that. The show is more about giving people in the Lego community a platform to share THEIR Lego stories. There are a TON of Lego fans out there, and everyones story is different. So many GREAT ship mocs in this very forum, I'd love to showcase some of those as well. Give people a platform to show their creations. 

There are ways to accomplish this without the use of high powered equipment on the end of the guests. They can just be a voice on screen, and showcase their flicker pages, that's perfectly fine. 

Episode 3 we had a GREAT interview with Sir Legolot. I would highly recommend skipping episode 2, and watching 3. Go back and watch 2 after watching 3. 🤣

2 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Well sir, I have the next couple of episodes already planned out, so the earliest availability is May 1st. So if you think you might be interested by then, let me know. 

Let me think on this... I've just got back from 10 days away and I've got a mountain load of work to get through. So I'm already struggling to find time for the LEGO Pirates as it is... but I do see the potential in what you're doing here! :pir-thumb:

2 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

My internet was CRAP on Sunday during our show, so don't BOTHER with the above link. WATCH THIS INSTEAD!!!

Sorry @azog, here is the PROPER segment!!!

Thank you again for having me! I can't wait for the next discussion!

I'm a bit behind and have only just finished episode 3.

SirLegoLot has raised the bar high - so much insight and knowledge into castles and fortifications!  Some of which could also be applied to fortresses.

On 4/18/2022 at 7:02 AM, Mister Phes said:

I'm a bit behind and have only just finished episode 3.

SirLegoLot has raised the bar high - so much insight and knowledge into castles and fortifications!  Some of which could also be applied to fortresses.

Yes, he was a FANTASTIC guest!!! Azog was GREAT as well!!! 

On 4/21/2022 at 1:49 PM, Captain Pirate Man said:

Yes, he was a FANTASTIC guest!!! Azog was GREAT as well!!! 

Yes he was - I've just managed to fit in the @azog episode!

Great work you're doing here! :pir-huzzah2:

However, I notice you've got a second topic with episodes 1,2,3 and 5 so how about we merge this topic into that one, and then all the episodes can be found in one convenient place!

On 4/22/2022 at 5:56 AM, Mister Phes said:

Yes he was - I've just managed to fit in the @azog episode!

Great work you're doing here! :pir-huzzah2:

However, I notice you've got a second topic with episodes 1,2,3 and 5 so how about we merge this topic into that one, and then all the episodes can be found in one convenient place!

Sounds great 👍

Here is Episode 8 of The Brick Chat!!! In this episode we will be LIVE BUILDING the Creator 3-1 Castle REBRICKABLE MOC!!! But WORRY NOT Pirates fans, we will ALSO be SHOWCASING our UPDATED Pirates display!!!