AlexGdD

[MOC] Mazinger Z

Hi all,

After posting pics of my childhood hero Grendizer, I'm sharing some of his cousin Mazinger Z !

He's one of the most famous giant robots of Japan, and I tried to get his proportions right while maintaining great posing value, with joints on all the important places - it's been a challenging build !

51946029905_58df43a998_c_d.jpg

I'm very happy with the result - so much that I made some adversaries for him, such as Doublas M2 :

51948597397_eb5a51fbf1_c_d.jpg

When the fight gets very intense, Mazinger can suffer - Here's what he looks like, inspired by the fight he lead in his final episode :

51944550432_aa7b8bfb6c_c_d.jpg

And I'like to share a special version I made, inspired by the proposal seen on the Lego Car Blog to build in yellow and blue, which prompted me to make a symbolic gesture to support democracy :

51945736164_f0bdcf36d3_c_d.jpg

The fight is hard. War is ugly. But these cartoons - Mazinger, Grendizer - taught us life is more important than everything. And freedom is paramount.

You can see more pics on my Flickr album !

Alexandre

Thanks for the compliment !

I've just updated my build with two less shoulder joints. It's a bit less poseable (can't cross arms anymore) but the overall look is more muscular / sexier !

51971656898_632bede828_c_d.jpg

And the updated Garada K7 for those who like a Very Bad Guy :

51971586736_75e88b44c9_c_d.jpg

More updated pics on the Flickr album ! Enjoy !

Edited by AlexGdD
Better quality image !

Ah ! Ah ! Interesting challenge ! I'll try to find an elegant way to fold the forearm and get Mazinger into firing position ! I'll post the result when done !

Hi all,

I've worked on those Drill Missiles ! Not as elegant as I wished (they are not articulated) but it was the most compact system I could think of.

52028684309_05316a35d9_c_d.jpg

And while I was at it, I worked on Mazinger's other weapons :

52027390307_4ed075f513_c_d.jpg

The Missile Punch !

52028475098_68738dd7ee_c_d.jpg

The Iron Cutters !

52027390327_5e561e538c_c_d.jpg

And the Reinforced Punch !

Hope you like them ;)

Edited by AlexGdD
Better Quality pics !

On 4/25/2022 at 3:36 AM, AlexGdD said:

Hi all,

I've worked on those Drill Missiles ! Not as elegant as I wished (they are not articulated) but it was the most compact system I could think of.

52028684309_05316a35d9_c_d.jpg

And while I was at it, I worked on Mazinger's other weapons :

52027390307_4ed075f513_c_d.jpg

The Missile Punch !

52028475098_68738dd7ee_c_d.jpg

The Iron Cutters !

52027390327_5e561e538c_c_d.jpg

And the Reinforced Punch !

Hope you like them ;)

The rocket drills are great, but I was surprised how good the iron cutter came out. You should post this in Lego Ideas.

Mmmh, I must admit I thought about this.

But even though I'd love my figures to become a real set, I used a few illegal techniques that would not pass the TLG board !

Hi all,

Mazinger fans might be interested in my new MOC, a rendering of God Mazinger, a "rock" derivative of the famous Super Robot :

52093343805_e86c4c35b9_c_d.jpg

The Anime series was cheap and not very popular, but an interesting point in the Mazinger saga anyway !

On 5/10/2022 at 11:09 PM, Operacion Saturno said:

The rocket drills are great, but I was surprised how good the iron cutter came out. You should post this in Lego Ideas.

Hi again Operacion Saturno ! Finally I but the bullet and followed your advice... I've updated my Mazinger build which has just been admitted in Lego Ideas as the Mazinger Z Trilogy ! Perhaps it could become a real set one day !!! Thanks for convincing me it was worth it !

On 1/2/2023 at 4:56 AM, AlexGdD said:

Hi again Operacion Saturno ! Finally I but the bullet and followed your advice... I've updated my Mazinger build which has just been admitted in Lego Ideas as the Mazinger Z Trilogy ! Perhaps it could become a real set one day !!! Thanks for convincing me it was worth it !

Already supporting it

This set is really awesome! My son is a huge fan!! I was wondering if it were possible to purchase the instructions from you? Would really like to build it with my son....

Hello Kiwikid ! Wow, I'm very honoured to have a fan !!! ;)

Right now the project is on Lego Ideas, so I publishing instructions would not be fair if to Lego if ever goes in production.

Perhaps I will create instructions if it does not get the green light... (Still more than a year to go, though, so you'll have to be patient !).

In the meanwhile, you can support the Mazinger Z Trilogy project and help it get more supporters !

You'll find it there : https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a32ec0b3-33a9-4e91-bcf3-b56883a42815

Thanks in advance !