Hey everyone,

This is it! After the Torment, the Negotiator proudly joins my Midi-Scale capital ship collection, engineered with the same philosophy in mind: maximizing accuracy, features and proportions of the original model in a moderate size.

Made of 3,145 pieces, 68cm (27 inches) long, weighing 1,6kg, the Negotiator is a medium-sized, modular Venator-class Star Destroyer holding on a single, unique Lego stand.

This piece of work is the result of weeks of designing, engineering and intense testing. I wanted the Negotiator to be dense, massive-looking, intricate and packed with detail, while being compact and manageable.

Building at such a scale, I had to take into account every possible constraint (balance, weight distribution, structure sturdiness) while never compromising any aesthetics (SNOT look, thickness, greeble).

The Negotiator features every intricate part of the studio model: turrets, hangar and docking bays, engines, bridge, greeble... with utter attention to detail and proportions of the original ship, as seen in the Clone Wars movie.

Hope you like it!

Instructions for the Negotiator are available at Brickvault.

More pictures on my Flickr page.

The Negotiator - Main View II

The Negotiator - Main View

The Negotiator - 3/4 Rear View

The Negotiator - Top View

The Negotiator - Rear Top View

The Negotiator - Side View II

The Negotiator - Hangar

Edited by FlyInSpace

That looks excellent! I especially love how smooth the transition is between the straight and angled sections of the hull. One suggestion I could make would be to use studded surfaces intentionally as a texture so that the wedge plate studs don't feel so out of place, but the tiled surfaces do look really good

33 minutes ago, ForgedInLego said:

That looks excellent! I especially love how smooth the transition is between the straight and angled sections of the hull. One suggestion I could make would be to use studded surfaces intentionally as a texture so that the wedge plate studs don't feel so out of place, but the tiled surfaces do look really good

Thanks so much, glad you like it! I'm always trying to maximize SNOT surfaces and feel like studs are not a good way to add proper texture in general, but I agree those wedge plates are the most annoying parts one have to deal with when going full SNOT. Hopefully Lego makes wedge tiles someday!

That is beautiful! Always wanted a Venator, but the size and cost of the others is a bit much, this scale may allow me to pull the trigger!

Nicely done!

On 3/19/2022 at 1:38 AM, karmajay said:

Looks great! I look forward to building it in the future! Thanks for the hard work!

Thank you! It was both a fun and rewarding challenge :)

Wow! *huh*

Another home run from the 'Master of Midi Scale!'  The proportions are spot on - this model can pass for a much larger scale if you squint!  Now I'm torn between two Venator projects - GREAT ship, nicely done!

On 3/21/2022 at 2:41 PM, lowlead said:

Wow! *huh*

Another home run from the 'Master of Midi Scale!'  The proportions are spot on - this model can pass for a much larger scale if you squint!  Now I'm torn between two Venator projects - GREAT ship, nicely done!

Thanks a lot lowlead! The goal was to make it look massive despite the medium scale. Thanks for noticing :)

On 3/20/2022 at 7:22 PM, Wolfpackfan99 said:

(Coughs in general grievous voice): Ah yes, the negotiator. 
 Very splendid venator, love the amount of detail on this one. 

Thanks so much!

I thought I was going to wait a bit but couldn't resist! Not sure where it will go yet, (even at medium scale) but instructions purchased, and parts 100%, now to await orders!

Again, amazing work!

On 3/23/2022 at 4:21 PM, Frizzlefry25 said:

I thought I was going to wait a bit but couldn't resist! Not sure where it will go yet, (even at medium scale) but instructions purchased, and parts 100%, now to await orders!

Again, amazing work!

Hey, thanks a lot! Can't wait to see the finished thing!

Mate this is fantastic, just thought I'd have another look at your photos on my desktop and seeing the ship on a big screen has blown me away again! There's some beautiful areas where shapes meet, like the whole of the bridge tower and the longest engines, you've managed to make the ship look massive with all the greebling and I really like the dark red panels down the centre, even the slightly innacurate tiny gap between them and the top surface adds some genuinely worthwhile texture to the ship. Simply awesome and its the perfect size! Long may the midi-scale rennaisance continue.

On 4/19/2022 at 9:18 AM, mcphatty said:

Mate this is fantastic, just thought I'd have another look at your photos on my desktop and seeing the ship on a big screen has blown me away again! There's some beautiful areas where shapes meet, like the whole of the bridge tower and the longest engines, you've managed to make the ship look massive with all the greebling and I really like the dark red panels down the centre, even the slightly innacurate tiny gap between them and the top surface adds some genuinely worthwhile texture to the ship. Simply awesome and its the perfect size! Long may the midi-scale rennaisance continue.

Thanks so much Ron! And thanks for noticing all of the small details I included. I'm on a long Midi-Scale streak right now, and I'm not done yet! Much more to come soon :)

Awesome! Next do a Resurgent-class or maybe a Mandator IV. :) I'm not a fan of Episode 8 but they came up with some cool ships!

Edited by danielwerner

I saw it your model already in Flickr and looks majestic even though this is not my fav type of scale. I love how you use 1x1 tile with clip on the edge of lower hangar.

Edited by Marcin Majkowski
grammar mistake

On 4/30/2022 at 1:22 PM, danielwerner said:

Awesome! Next do a Resurgent-class or maybe a Mandator IV. :) I'm not a fan of Episode 8 but they came up with some cool ships!

Thank you Daniel! The weird design of the Mandator is quite interesting, it's been on my to do list for a while now. I still have 5 ships to make instructions for and release, so the schedule is full at the moment!

Happy May the 4th everyone!

To celebrate this day, there's 20% off on instructions for the Venator at Brickvault till tomorrow, so don't miss the sale! :pir-grin:

6 hours ago, FlyInSpace said:

Happy May the 4th everyone!

To celebrate this day, there's 20% off on instructions for the Venator at Brickvault till tomorrow, so don't miss the sale! :pir-grin:

Ooo Nice! I can definitely recommend it, I started the build but then saved some $ and got my last batch of parts from PAB, 6 weeks later I have been looking at a skeleton of the Venator and wishing I had just brick linked everything! Oh well!

On 4/22/2022 at 8:30 AM, royalstick said:

Well created Venator class stardestroyer!

Thanks a lot!

On 5/1/2022 at 6:07 PM, Marcin Majkowski said:

I saw it your model already in Flickr and looks majestic even though this is not my fav type of scale. I love how you use 1x1 tile with clip on the edge of lower hangar.

Glad you liked the techniques :)

On 5/5/2022 at 4:34 AM, Frizzlefry25 said:

Ooo Nice! I can definitely recommend it, I started the build but then saved some $ and got my last batch of parts from PAB, 6 weeks later I have been looking at a skeleton of the Venator and wishing I had just brick linked everything! Oh well!

Great! If you happen to have some WIP pictures I'd be glad to see them :)