Sign in to follow this  
TGBDZ

[MOC] 42139 Alternate - 4x4 quadbike

When I first saw the 42139 set, I knew I had to get one. From the functionality aspect, the set for the relatively small price tag has a lot to offer, and it's an amazing parts donor as well. But I believe that I wasn't the only one that thought the 6 wheel ATV is quite an unconventional vehicle and it would look rather cool to see this as a more common 4x4 quadbike. 

So I made an alternate / mod that turns this into more classic looking quad. 

640x493.jpeg 

The front and middle part of the build remains almost unchanged (switched 7 long beams from white to orange to make better looking rear mudguards), also there is an extra part at the front to secure the winch hook. Almost no changes means that the functionality remains the same:

• winch
  • steering
  • Suspension 
  • 2 speed gearbox
  • Working cylinders

The cargo box on the back is fixed, so the dumping bed mechanism has been removed. To compensate for this there is a place to attach a trailer. Leftover parts are a great source material for the trailer itself, sadly no pins were left to make a proper trailer to complement the quad bike.

640x505.jpeg

Oh, and the best part is that it's still possible to assemble the chainsaw :laugh:

640x469.jpeg

If anyone is interested. building instructions are available at REBRICKABLE

Cheers! 

Noice. Now the question is what you can do with leftover parts? Can you make a bike ? :D

On 3/17/2022 at 7:48 PM, Jundis said:

Someone had to do it and you did a wonderful job! :-)

thanks! 

On 3/17/2022 at 11:10 PM, SaperPL said:

Noice. Now the question is what you can do with leftover parts? Can you make a bike ? :D

Well it would be only a starter pack for the bike then.. note enough beams and pins leftover from the alternate to create a proper bike :) 

Cool MOC! I am pretty sure, just like the Defender, one 42139 will be never enough! Anyone who gunna own this set will definitely wanna make this awesome quad bike too!

Edited by thekoRngear

On 3/21/2022 at 9:06 AM, thekoRngear said:

Cool MOC! I am pretty sure, just like the Defender, one 42139 will be never enough! Anyone who gunna own this set will definitely wanna make this awesome quad bike too!

Thanks! Probably need to buy 3 sets - first to build the original set, second for the quad version and the third just as a partspack :laugh:

On 3/21/2022 at 10:56 AM, GTS said:

Now make a trailer for it.

I will leave the trailer for other builders, need to build something new :classic: