Sign in to follow this  
PxChris

Classic Pirates Display at Bricks Cascade 2022

Here is the Classic Pirates display that I made for Bricks Cascade 2022!

It features the entirety of the Bluecoat Era (1989-1991) of Pirates, as well as the entirety of the Islanders sub-theme (1994) as well as a selection of other sets from the remainder of the Classic Pirates years (1989-1997), most notably all of the Pirate ships released.

I also included a full lighting setup into the display for the first time ever!

I hope you enjoy!

image.png

BC2022-ClassicPirates-01BC2022-ClassicPirates-02BC2022-ClassicPirates-03BC2022-ClassicPirates-04BC2022-ClassicPirates-05BC2022-ClassicPirates-06BC2022-ClassicPirates-07BC2022-ClassicPirates-08BC2022-ClassicPirates-09BC2022-ClassicPirates-10BC2022-ClassicPirates-11BC2022-ClassicPirates-12BC2022-ClassicPirates-13BC2022-ClassicPirates-14BC2022-ClassicPirates-15BC2022-ClassicPirates-16BC2022-ClassicPirates-17BC2022-ClassicPirates-18BC2022-ClassicPirates-19BC2022-ClassicPirates-20BC2022-ClassicPirates-21BC2022-ClassicPirates-22BC2022-ClassicPirates-23BC2022-ClassicPirates-24BC2022-ClassicPirates-25BC2022-ClassicPirates-26BC2022-ClassicPirates-27BC2022-ClassicPirates-28BC2022-ClassicPirates-29BC2022-ClassicPirates-30

And what a display this is! :pir-stareyes:

Worthy of the Eurobricks frontpage although I'll just reorder the images slightly so the image most suited for the frontpage appears first.

This looks very nice. Thanks for the photos.

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

And what a display this is! :pir-stareyes:

Worthy of the Eurobricks frontpage although I'll just reorder the images slightly so the image most suited for the frontpage appears first.

Aww, thank you so much @Mister Phes!! :pir-laugh:

Ahhhh great great great

All the information signs and especially the posters in the background are doing very well.
Great to see these old sets in all their glory.
My personal favorite as a kid was always the Islanders.:kahuka:
In a pirate layout, these "old" sets will probably be the only ones I would ever want to have complete.

The lighting is also very good.:pir-stareyes:

Thanks for sharing

Lightning is great. The video on your Instagram shows it best. Fantastic build overall.

As a Clipper owner I like the small addition to the original, the barrels and ladder :pir-thumb:

Aaah this is so cool. This is my youth on display right here. I used to own the smaller blue boat and some of the smaller sets like the tower on the island. I always wanted to have the big red boat and other large sets, but that is not something my parent's budget would allow :)

Really cool to see, thanks for sharing and offering a trip down memory lane!

20 hours ago, NOD said:

This looks very nice. Thanks for the photos.

Thank you very much!

19 hours ago, Red Rackham said:

Ahhhh great great great

All the information signs and especially the posters in the background are doing very well.
Great to see these old sets in all their glory.
My personal favorite as a kid was always the Islanders.:kahuka:
In a pirate layout, these "old" sets will probably be the only ones I would ever want to have complete.

The lighting is also very good.:pir-stareyes:

Thanks for sharing

I appreciate that a lot @Red Rackham! I'm glad that you appreciated all the signage in back. I really wanted to celebrate the wonderful history of the Pirates theme with this display. :pir-huzzah1:

18 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Love the lighting, great addition to the classic feel!

Thank you!

17 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Lightning is great. The video on your Instagram shows it best. Fantastic build overall.

As a Clipper owner I like the small addition to the original, the barrels and ladder :pir-thumb:

Thanks so much!! The lighting really added so much life to the display. I'm glad that I decided to do it. It was a very last-minute addition to the layout (I decided only about a month and a half before the convention to add lighting, and I've never done any lighting before, so it was quite a learning curve).

6 hours ago, hoppa said:

Aaah this is so cool. This is my youth on display right here. I used to own the smaller blue boat and some of the smaller sets like the tower on the island. I always wanted to have the big red boat and other large sets, but that is not something my parent's budget would allow :)

Really cool to see, thanks for sharing and offering a trip down memory lane!

I could never afford most of the larger sets as a kid either!! This is really me living out my childhood dreams of what I wish I could have done.

4 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Excellent layout, further improved by the lighting.  :thumbup:

Maybe I could try to tweak my Eldorado fort too ... but how? :pir_wacko:

Thank you very much!

I've been asked by a few folks to post the informational signage that I had behind my display.

I really wanted to celebrate the history of the theme and how many cool innovations it brought to the LEGO System. I wanted my display to be equally fun and informative!

(The conversion from my PDF to a PNG file made the text a bit blurred, apologies.)

History of Classic LEGO Pirates_Page1History of Classic LEGO Pirates_Page4History of Classic LEGO Pirates_Page2History of Classic LEGO Pirates_Page3History of Classic LEGO Pirates_Page5

Edited by PxChris

59 minutes ago, PxChris said:

really wanted to celebrate the history of the theme and how many cool innovations it brought to the LEGO System. I wanted my display to be equally fun and informative!

You sir are an asset to the LEGO Pirates fanbase!  :pir-stareyes:

Now, if only you could tour the world exhibiting and educating  people with this display.

12 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

And if any bloggers want to take a stab at turning this display into a blog post, go right ahead

So... is there a maximum allowed word count per blog post? Because this material here could easily fill one nice e-book: The untold story of LEGO Pirates. :pir_laugh2:

Great work on infographic :pir-thumb:

2 hours ago, evancelt said:

Fabulous display Chris!

Thanks so much man!

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

You sir are an asset to the LEGO Pirates fanbase!  :pir-stareyes:

Now, if only you could tour the world exhibiting and educating  people with this display.

I appreciate that a lot @Mister Phes! That would be quite the expedition - and quite a lot of fun, if only!

27 minutes ago, Marooned Marin said:

So... is there a maximum allowed word count per blog post? Because this material here could easily fill one nice e-book: The untold story of LEGO Pirates. :pir_laugh2:

Great work on infographic :pir-thumb:

Thank you! This has been quite a passion project for me over the last couple of years.

I uploaded a couple of videos providing a good look through the entire display (the second video is from during the dim light time at the convention so the lights are even more visible).

8 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

So... is there a maximum allowed word count per blog post?

Nope!  No maximum. You keep getting more gold for every 100 words.

11 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Nope!  No maximum.

In that case I'll be happy to take a stab and maybe test limits with word count, because the overall energy put into this display is worth more than an regular thousands words. :pir-blush:

What an excellent display.  You not only show the sets themselves, but they're all posed so well in their natural environment, so to speak, and you have all that explanatory material and ancillary material to really give the whole Pirates experience.  I admire your passion and persistence in collecting all that material and setting it up so splendidly.

16 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Oh Man!

This is just GORGEOUS!

:pir-stareyes:

Thank you so much!
Believe me, it's gorgeous to me to look at too! Looking at the photos still brings me such joy!

13 hours ago, icm said:

What an excellent display.  You not only show the sets themselves, but they're all posed so well in their natural environment, so to speak, and you have all that explanatory material and ancillary material to really give the whole Pirates experience.  I admire your passion and persistence in collecting all that material and setting it up so splendidly.

Thank you very, very much for the kind words! This really has been a passion project of mine for the last couple of years and it was so wonderful to see it finally all come together!

7 hours ago, PxChris said:

Thank you so much!
Believe me, it's gorgeous to me to look at too! Looking at the photos still brings me such joy!

Thank you very, very much for the kind words! This really has been a passion project of mine for the last couple of years and it was so wonderful to see it finally all come together!

So all these sets are your own!?

6 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

So all these sets are your own!?

Yep, the entirety of the display is of my own collection, with the exception of set 6250 Crossbone Clipper since the only version of that set that I own is MISB. :pir-laugh:

4 hours ago, PxChris said:

6250 Crossbone Clipper since the only version of that set that I own is MISB. :pir-laugh:

Since they were only released in Northern America that's quite rare to have to one in MISB condition!