Younge

TrixBrix R32 Curved Track

G'day,

Does anyone have any experience with the R32 curved tracks that TrixBrix sells on their website (https://trixbrix.eu/en_US/p/Curved-Track-R32/156)?

On their website they state: "It's compatible with all LEGO® trains unlike the R24 radius curves which are too tight for some trains.". Does anyone know if this is accurate?

it depends on the wheelbase if it is very long it won't work but might if it is shorter. it also does not relly work with regular lego switches.

My two Lego City trains slow noticeably around R40 curves so that's going to be more noticeable with R32. I haven't tried it but I imagine they would stall on R24 curves at lower speeds.

I have both R24 and R32 curves, but I don't use them in my current layout. By memory the short boogie-cars (24 studs - like the city passenger train) the can handle a R32 corner. The City cargo Container wagon with fixed wheels can not handle a full corner, but might be able to handle one piece R32 - eg. as a return-curve after a switch.

I once used the R24 for my Winter Hollyday train. But I had to change the pivot-point on the small locomotive. The R24 are that thight.

Yes, the 10254 Holiday Train does not run on the R24 but it runs on R32. However, all trains I have tested on R32 half circle curves run slower than on R40. But they do run. The outer studs on the sleepers of the R32 I have bought from TrixBrix seem to have a bit of a clutch issue, though. Otherwise good quality despite them being 3D printed and not molded.

An update on this. I actually bought a corner's worth of the R32 track and tested it out and each of the trains that I wanted to run with it (10219, 10020, 10194) derailed over 50% of the time.

I think shorter length trains would be OK, but anything with a longer carriage, forget it.