There were hints all over the swamp of Mermaid Tears that the pirates that now inhabit this place we not the first souls to inhabit Black Rock.  Despite these hints all over the Island, there was no known history of any prior inhabitants.  Where did they come from?  Where did they go?  Why is there no record of their existence? Even the Brethren Court of the Black Flag pirates had no record of these inhabitants.  However, none of these questions bothered this band of smugglers.  The abandon church provided great cover and plenty of wood to burn in the firebox.  

Front_3

They claimed to have the secret recipe of Bru Ha-Ha but called their swill Bru Arr-Arr.  As they were lowly smugglers, they couldn't always get the right ingredients so local sources were substituted.  Despite these setbacks production was in full swing.

Front_5

The brother and sister Duo had recruited some hired help in the form of a fancy musket man, and a flintlock slinger.

Front_2

OoC this will be licensed as a large property on the settlement of Black Rock. comments and criticism welcomed.

Front_4

Great landscape and ruin! I like the trees and the building with the statues.

The only negative is the resolution of the photos on Flickr. I'm always happy when I can click on the pictures at Eurobricks to see them larger in the original. Probably not many people have a screen with a 640 x 480 resolution anymore.

22 minutes ago, NOD said:

The only negative is the resolution of the photos on Flickr. I'm always happy when I can click on the pictures at Eurobricks to see them larger in the original. Probably not many people have a screen with a 640 x 480 resolution anymore.

Hmm perhaps I overlooked this fact lol will try to upload different ones

A great little build. The lack of history to the islands of BOBS is a bit of a disappointment sometimes, but I think you've done a great job with this. 

On 3/14/2022 at 8:41 AM, Ross Fisher said:

A great little build. The lack of history to the islands of BOBS is a bit of a disappointment sometimes, but I think you've done a great job with this. 

Thanks! I like the mystery but also wanted to include a way to make us not the first to discover the island just merely the current.  so having no history this creates an opportunity for some

On 3/14/2022 at 10:30 AM, evancelt said:

Love the green whips as danglies

Thank you It was the only way I could picture swamp tree looking

On 3/14/2022 at 3:06 PM, Fraunces said:

Nice to see the smugglers of Black Rock are adding to the economy too!

Aye and lining their pockets in the process

On 3/16/2022 at 10:49 AM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Fine fine wreck of a building!

Thank you ... it was a struggle to create a building but deteriorating. There were several parts where I built the wall then started deleting bricks to crumble it.  Looking back, I wish I would have added more rubble on the ground.

On 3/14/2022 at 1:34 AM, NOD said:

New images added!

On 3/14/2022 at 10:15 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

So they brew Bru Ha Ha? 

And it is a blueish liquid?

How much is it then?

Traditional Bru Ha-Ha is Green/Yellow in color.  If you look carefully you will notice a locally sourced fruit was substituted and is producing a lavender color and giving Bru Arr-Arr a unique flavor.

They are only sold by the barrel full ... are you interested in one for your next voyage? Perhaps two to have on hand to prevent mutiny? 

Front

4 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Excellent build (interior and landcaping) and nice presentation angles as well!

Thank you.  The angle was tough to achieve with the triangle tiles since the corners of the building protrude.  Each angle should reveal a feature or element that is not readily seen from another.

5 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Great build! It really has a nice 'swamp' feel to it. The draping vines from the trees and the sandy terrain, very well done!

Thank you ... I tried bright green under trans black tiles and I rather like the murky water effect it creates.

I find ruins so fascinating and building in LEGO is one megablocks of a job. But you did really splendid! This is an awesome creation full of awesome details.

Excellent job!

On 3/18/2022 at 4:04 PM, Maxim I said:

I find ruins so fascinating and building in LEGO is one megablocks of a job. But you did really splendid! This is an awesome creation full of awesome details.

Excellent job!

Thanks! Yea I had to build the wall to crumble the wall.  So there was alot of double work.  Even the column that fell was originally attached.  There are also a ton of details that I included that you just have to notice!