MTBingNinja

New LEGO Speed Champions 2023 Rumors, Speculation

Do you guys ever think this line will ever see the cars from Knight Rider and Back to the Future?

12 hours ago, hikouki said:

Do you guys ever think this line will ever see the cars from Knight Rider and Back to the Future?

Would love a Pontiac Trans-am double set including Michael Knight and Bandit mini-figs. 
But it’ll never happen!

Something of no consequence, I have only just now noticed, while building the new Nissan Skyline. All Speed Champions sets include helmets for the drivers as an option, however all the new licensed movie cars, include no such option. I guess because it isn't movie accurate, who knows but I wouldn't mind having one included regardless, surely it wouldn't add that much cost.

21 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Chose sans conséquence, je viens juste de m'en apercevoir, lors de la construction de la nouvelle Nissan Skyline. Tous les ensembles Speed Champions incluent des casques pour les pilotes en option, mais toutes les nouvelles voitures de cinéma sous licence n'incluent pas une telle option. Je suppose que parce que ce n'est pas un film précis, qui sait, mais cela ne me dérangerait pas d'en avoir un inclus malgré tout, cela n'ajouterait sûrement pas autant de coûts.

No helmet in street racing :pir-huzzah1:

I was worried that the Nissan Skyline would be a disappointing set, as the source material is so boxy and flat, well suited to LEGO for sure but can result in a rather boring build. Regardless 76917 was a great build experience many unusual techniques and snot building make it anything but boring. Really impressed with this set and can only hope Speed Champions continues to improve yet maintain the same fantastic builds. Might even be worth picking up a second copy when it is discounted some, the prices do seem to increase substantially again this year.

When will Lego dispatch another lot of Nissan Skyline cars?   Can find them anywhere for MSRP price.  Not going to pay double for one.  Will have to wait. 

So now that LEGO has given us specific movie cars and their associated named drivers and most people seem to really like these sets and are okay with the price increase that goes with it, do you think that now we will start getting actual numbered race cars with specific named drivers to go with them? Sure seems like a natural progression and would surely make certain sets much more popular and I would for one love it.

I just got into this theme and bought most of the sets that are still on the market. Going to work on buying all the 8 wide cars i missed in the next few months as i don't find the prices for the retired sets nearly as off putting as what an old Star Wars set / minifig can go for. 

I have a question though. I had to go to about five different stores to get the sets that are still on the market and other than Barnes and Noble no store seemed to have more than 1 or two cars on the shelf. Outside of cases like the Nissan Skyline which is clearly being scalped is there usually this much scarcity on  SC sets or is it just a post holiday thing? The Mercedes set eludes me. 

I'm also rather surprised all the 2021 2 packs are already retired. I did snag the Dodge one from Best Buy and the Corvette from Amazon. RIP to the Ford one though.

18 hours ago, Archer said:

I just got into this theme and bought most of the sets that are still on the market. Going to work on buying all the 8 wide cars i missed in the next few months as i don't find the prices for the retired sets nearly as off putting as what an old Star Wars set / minifig can go for. 

I have a question though. I had to go to about five different stores to get the sets that are still on the market and other than Barnes and Noble no store seemed to have more than 1 or two cars on the shelf. Outside of cases like the Nissan Skyline which is clearly being scalped is there usually this much scarcity on  SC sets or is it just a post holiday thing? The Mercedes set eludes me. 

I'm also rather surprised all the 2021 2 packs are already retired. I did snag the Dodge one from Best Buy and the Corvette from Amazon. RIP to the Ford one though.

Don’t know what part of the country you’re in, but I’m in SoCal.

The 8-wide SC is what got me back into Lego starting in 2021.  I’ve been able to get older sets that were not retired at the time from various sources, and new sets released in the respective year were pretty readily available.

Anecdotally, it seemed that both Target and Walmart were well stocked before the end of the year but most of it looked like it got sold for Xmas.  On the Mercedes set, I was looking to add a second set to my inventory about 2 weeks ago.  I was able to track one down in the store within a few days.  Currently, it’s also available online from a few retailers.

Edited by frogger17

Interesting article on New Elementary, about the chassis and wheel arches in the upcoming sets. It looks like the new wheel arch could have been used on the Nissan Skyline, allowing more of the front to be tiled off. The images so a prototype piece in LBG, but I don't believe it'll be in LBG in any of the March sets 

18 hours ago, samsz_3 said:

The images so a prototype piece in LBG, but I don't believe it'll be in LBG in any of the March sets 

Unfortunately. It's only going to be in black, white, DBG, orange and red.

On 2/7/2023 at 9:42 AM, 1340cc said:

Unfortunately. It's only going to be in black, white, DBG, orange and red.

I think we'll not have new wheel arch in orange.

Front are the classic city fenders, rear are in the existent Speed Champions mould.

4 hours ago, Bubbha said:

Front are the classic city fenders, rear are in the existent Speed Champions mould.

That's dissapointing. I knew the front was the old city one but thought they were using the updated SC version for the rear.

Just finished the Fast & Furious Skyline.  Another great build.  Now I hope that they come out with the green '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse an the organge '94 Toyota Supra Mark IV.  Would complement Dom's Charger well!    

Attention everyone! (In the u.s, at least)

Walmart has some of the new sets, including speed champions!

(Pic taken in my car, for proof)

20230225_095453.jpg

On 8/6/2022 at 8:58 AM, RacerRabbit said:

You know, before the last wave came out, I wrote up a list of what they'd be if I was in charge and a few of them actually came true. Maybe if I do it again, it'll happen again.

76915 McLaren F1 LM

1472141190-f1lm-front.jpg

Forgot to bring this up but the McLaren F1 LM was another car I predicted would be in this wave just like the Porsche 963!

Edited by RacerRabbit

On 2/25/2023 at 7:59 AM, Lemerbrix said:

Attention everyone! (In the u.s, at least)

Walmart has some of the new sets, including speed champions!

(Pic taken in my car, for proof)

Thanks for the heads-up!  It’s not on their website and the local one 5 min away doesn’t have them.  But the supercenter 15 miles away has all of the new Speed Champions sets.

I was planning on taking the morning off on Wednesday, but now I don’t have to.

Edited by frogger17

14 minutes ago, frogger17 said:

Thanks for the heads-up!  It’s not on their website and the local one 5 min away doesn’t have them.  But the supercenter 15 miles away has all of the new Speed Champions sets.

I was planning on taking the morning off on Wednesday, but now I don’t have to.

#1 welcome to eurobricks!
#2 did you get all of them! I only got the pagani, it was the only new speed champions that they had

Kmart stores in New Zealand have the new Speed Champions sets now, along with some other March releases like the Creator sets.

10 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

#1 welcome to eurobricks!
#2 did you get all of them! I only got the pagani, it was the only new speed champions that they had

Thanks for the welcome!

I should have said that I did.  I was really fortunate.  That location (the one in Irvine on Barranca for anyone in the Orange County area) had about 6 sets of each, with only one of the Ferrari sets already sold.

Love this time of the year!

5 hours ago, 1340cc said:

Kmart stores in New Zealand have the new Speed Champions sets now, along with some other March releases like the Creator sets.

Wow, Kmart still exists in New Zealand?

4 hours ago, frogger17 said:

Thanks for the welcome!

I should have said that I did.  I was really fortunate.  That location (the one in Irvine on Barranca for anyone in the Orange County area) had about 6 sets of each, with only one of the Ferrari sets already sold.

Love this time of the year!

You’re welcome, I went to another Walmart yesterday and they only had the pagani, I’m really wanting the 2-pack

Just now, Lemerbrix said:

Wow, Kmart still exists in New Zealand?

Kmart NZ is part of Kmart Australia, it's a different company to the American one.

Just now, 1340cc said:

Kmart NZ is part of Kmart Australia, it's a different company to the American one.

Oh, ok, thanks for the clarification