MTBingNinja

New LEGO Speed Champions 2023 Rumors, Speculation

Browsing through the 2023 catalouge and no sign of a Nissan Skyline or any other new cars. Only 512M, FF Charger, Countach, Evija, Aston Martin DB5 and modern 2 pack, Supra and Jesko. Thats it.

Skyline comes out 1.1.23 but might be Lego exclusive until 1.3.23

Edited by Polarlicht

1 hour ago, Polarlicht said:

Browsing through the 2023 catalouge and no sign of a Nissan Skyline or any other new cars. Only 512M, FF Charger, Countach, Evija, Aston Martin DB5 and modern 2 pack, Supra and Jesko. Thats it.

If I am not mistaken, the same happened in last two years.

On 12/20/2022 at 4:24 PM, Polarlicht said:

It's not. Already appeared in multiple retailers in my country.

I have just been reading New Elementary, and several new sets (10312 Jazz Club and 71786 Zane's Ice Dragon Creature) have this mudguard piece included:

AVvXsEhdtmP2xJBPkyLZti5SOHAPX0T4dgbspZfb

The first thing that comes to mind in terms of Speed Champions usage is a Caterham. LEGO have already done the Ideas one, so an SC one could be possible. What do you think?

Edited by imvanya

That rear end on the Pagani blew my little mind! Love it! Love all of them!

I wonder what the orange pin on the F1 is? "Technic, Pin 3L with Friction Ridges and Stop Bush" ?

Edited by Polarlicht

That's pretty neat, I actually want all those sets.

I tried going back and buying 2-packs I missed but they're so damn expensive :/ Hoping someday I can get the Bronco 2 pack at least.

That McLaren twinpack will be a day 1 buy for me. The F1 has always been my dream car, happy to see Lego do it justice.

I like new part the small one DWUeUrH.pnge5v5bj2.png

i dont know how to name it, but it will be very usefull not only in speed champions but in many other builds. New whell arches should be included in Nissan But(((

Edited by zagdima

Is that headlight on the Porsche a new piece?

6 hours ago, zagdima said:

I like new part the small one DWUeUrH.pnge5v5bj2.png

I really hope you can stick a bar into that brick!

The Nissan is already sold out, to the surprise of absolutely noone.

I was able to order one, but no date of shipping yet

On 1/1/2023 at 1:12 PM, danth said:

I really hope you can stick a bar into that brick!

The designer interview said that it is hollow inside and can fit a flag pole stem in it. The designer asked other designers if a part like this would be useful eith the curved back vs the square one and agreed that the angle range would make sets easier to design. 

On 1/1/2023 at 10:12 AM, danth said:

Nobody answered my question but I think it's a clear 1x2 half circle tile. When the designer holds it up in the video you can see it, but they're gray instead of trans clear. I guess it's new in trans clear and he doesn't have it yet?

Just built the 76917 R34 GT-R.

Interesting build. Looks nice also. Looking forward to other this years releases.

One thing caught my eye. All the "Slope, Curved 2 x 1 x 2/3" pieces had a three way crack in the middle of the smooth surface. Don't know if that's normal, only a cosmetic thing, can best be seen in a lights reflection. Please tell if any of you others have the same phenomenon?

20230105_231431.jpg

2 hours ago, MiikaH said:

Just built the 76917 R34 GT-R.

Interesting build. Looks nice also. Looking forward to other this years releases.

One thing caught my eye. All the "Slope, Curved 2 x 1 x 2/3" pieces had a three way crack in the middle of the smooth surface. Don't know if that's normal, only a cosmetic thing, can best be seen in a lights reflection. Please tell if any of you others have the same phenomenon?

SNIP

Is the line all the way down the part? If so, it's *probably* not a crack, but a line where the mold halves came together to create the part. If not, then I don't know. I can't really see it very well in your picture.

Edited by Murdoch17

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAn7nV

Hope these help to clarify. The crack goes three ways from the center. Resembles the shape of letter Y. For me it doesn't appear as something from the moulding process I've seen prevously, but I am not an expert. Just curious if this is normal on Lego bricks. 

(Just replaced tens of old Technic half bushes, part 4265a, with new ones on the 8480 Space Shuttle as they had all cracked. Otherwise Lego parts seem to have very little problems?)

Just built the Nissan, what a wonderful build.

Even though I have only the (franchise) licensed Speed Champions sets, all three have surprised me with how complex and innovative the builds are. The techniques are so fresh, and I have so much fun building those sets.

Hope they expand to more fandoms. 

The McLaren set has a US price of only $35 on lego.com. Do you guys think this is a typo, or you think it is actually that good of a deal?

11 hours ago, nikeee516 said:

The McLaren set has a US price of only $35 on lego.com. Do you guys think this is a typo, or you think it is actually that good of a deal?

Happened to a lot of the 2 packs over the years in the SC theme where dollar price is much better compared to like Euro, ever since the theme started back in 2015.

2023 single cars are $25/€25

2022 : 

• 76909: Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance & Mercedes-AMG Project One : $35/€45
  • 2022 single cars are $20/€25 (started at €20 at release, but a lot of sets got price adjustments)

2021: 

• 76904: Mopar Dodge//SRT Top Fuel Dragster and 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A : $50/€60

•  76898: Formula E Panasonic Jaguar Racing GEN2 Car & Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY : $30/€40
  • 76899: Lamborghini Urus ST-X & Huracán Super Trofeo EVO : $50/€60

2019 (6 wide) 

• 75893: 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon and 1970 Dodge Charger R/T : $30/€40

2018: 

• 75888: Porsche 911 RSR and 911 Turbo 3.0 : $30/€40

Even going back down 2015-2017 there are some sets with $30/€35

Edited by TeriXeri

On 1/6/2023 at 6:49 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Just built the Nissan, what a wonderful build.

Even though I have only the (franchise) licensed Speed Champions sets, all three have surprised me with how complex and innovative the builds are. The techniques are so fresh, and I have so much fun building those sets.

Hope they expand to more fandoms. 

That's a real shame those are the only ones you have as I consider most of the SC sets to be very fun builds for a rather economic cost and and I definitely agree with your experience building them. However a part of me feels like this is an excuse for LEGO to raise the prices, like they really need one, lol. Basically the prices have doubled in the last 6/7 years.

47 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

That's a real shame those are the only ones you have as I consider most of the SC sets to be very fun builds for a rather economic cost and and I definitely agree with your experience building them. However a part of me feels like this is an excuse for LEGO to raise the prices, like they really need one, lol. Basically the prices have doubled in the last 6/7 years.

Yeah, I don't doubt they are fantastic builds. From the looks of it, Speed Champions is one of the consistently awesome themes.

I just don't like cars at all, and only bought those three because I couldn't miss out on getting James Bond or Fast & Furious sets.

Thumbs up to this year's SC sets, looks great, brilliant techniques, new moulds, and the McLaren F1 is beautiful, the way the bonnet is built is very clever.

On 1/6/2023 at 11:00 PM, TeriXeri said:

Happened to a lot of the 2 packs over the years in the SC theme where dollar price is much better compared to like Euro, ever since the theme started back in 2015.

2023 single cars are $25/€25

Ahh I see, thank you for the explanation! $35 is definitely a steal for the McLaren set, considering the Solus seems to have more pieces than the typical car (9-wide over 8).

On another note, the Skyline is impossible to find anywhere! Sold out all over near me. Anyone had any luck at any US retailer?