MTBingNinja

New LEGO Speed Champions 2023 Rumors, Speculation

Hell yeah, give me more licensed Speed Champions sets.

I love the fact that we're getting more Fast & Furious sets, I was afraid it was a one-and-done kind of thing.

I'd sacrifice an actual human soul for a Mission: Impossible set, even if it was just a random car with Ethan Hunt.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Hell yeah, give me more licensed Speed Champions sets.

I love the fact that we're getting more Fast & Furious sets, I was afraid it was a one-and-done kind of thing.

I'd sacrifice an actual human soul for a Mission: Impossible set, even if it was just a random car with Ethan Hunt.

Considering Ethan already has a figure you can buy off Bricklink, you might not have to sacrifice anybody...

44 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

Considering Ethan already has a figure you can buy off Bricklink, you might not have to sacrifice anybody...

Didn't specify, but I meant the recent movies. I like the first three, but the next three are some of my favourite movies ever (Fallout being in, like, the top 10).

I only care about SC and similar cars in 8 studs wide scale. They are definitely best offender of fun and still will not ruin wallet. I only hope that Trains will have similar theme with wagons .

About that 35 euro set, it can be something bigger than regular car. A team van, ECTO1, some truck or car with many accesories like BTTF Delorean and its variants. What could be very interesting will be SC car with tuning pieces.

Edited by Ondra

I'd quite like a 1985 Modena GT Spyder California with a Ferris Bueller minifig. Or something from Mad Max but I dunno if a super modified car would work in the Speed Champions theme.

Just finished the Dodge Charger and I would say overall it ranks as one of my least favorite SC cars ever, since they went to 8 wide anyway, still have to build the DB5. Really surprised though how much this set disappointed me, I usually love the Speed Champions builds, regardless of whether I like the car or not.

And finished the DB5, honestly not that impressed with the build either, I dare say another of my least favorite SC offerings. Both builds start out good enough but quickly feels like the designer just went through the motions, the stickers are exceptionally crappy, on the DB5, I do however love the part selection and will likely buy multiple copies just for them. 

Not sure why I dislike these two sets so much, are they really that bad? It feels more like building someone elses moc, than an official LEGO set. Hopefully this is a one off thing and Speed Champions returns to it's once former glory. I do feel that the golden age of SC has passed, always liked them for the interesting build techniques and relative inexpensive prices. 

I will be watching with great interest, next years offerings, another price hike with these sort of builds could sour me towards future SC builds and will likely just pass on them and build my own stuff.

Edited by Johnny1360

In 2022 I have taken the Ferrari 512M, the Lotus Evija and the DB5 (not yet build).
In 2023 I'd like :

- Ferrari 296 GT3 or Ferrari Hypercar LMH

- Porsche 963

- Lamborghini Huracan Sterrato

- Pagani Huayra R

- Ford Mustang 2023

- De Lorean from "Back to the Future"

- Lancia Stratos (possibly Alitalia livery :-) )

7 minutes ago, Pato Sentado said:

The most squary the original car, the better. More Group B rallye cars, for example.

The ATeam van would be nice too

Definitely.  Give me a ‘99 Subaru STI or a Tri-5 Shoe Box, preferably a ‘55

I wonder what sort of R34 GTR we will get?

The most obvious answer would be the silver and blue one from the second movie, but he did have an all blue one in the 4th film as well.

There are a lot of great vehicles from the films that would transfer great into lego and I do hope we get more of them and at a rate of more than one a year.

As for other Speed Champions set I think we are due one of the Bugatti Models. Maybe the Divo or even the 'la voiture noire' 

On 10/4/2022 at 12:09 PM, LegoMFP_David said:

I wonder what sort of R34 GTR we will get?

The most obvious answer would be the silver and blue one from the second movie, but he did have an all blue one in the 4th film as well.

There are a lot of great vehicles from the films that would transfer great into lego and I do hope we get more of them and at a rate of more than one a year.

As for other Speed Champions set I think we are due one of the Bugatti Models. Maybe the Divo or even the 'la voiture noire' 

I'd prefer the silver and blue one, because we'd get the decal stickers, and we could convert it to all blue if we wanted to. As for the bugatti, I totally agree, and I'd prefer the Divo, as it's relatively less rare.

They will have to be exceptionally well done for me to continue buying Speed Champions sets, one of my personal favorite themes. Prices have pretty much doubled in the past five years for SC sets, one of the big draws for me was Inexpensive sets, didn't matter if I liked them or not. In todays environment though they will have to be much liked for me to crack open the vault.

On 10/11/2022 at 10:54 AM, carlo.fadel said:

76914 set seems being another Ferrari, the 812 competizione. Maybe it will come in Modena yellow?

I hope it's yellow too. It'd be nice to see a Speed Champions Ferrari that isn't red. Also, I saw a yellow 812 Competizione at the Goodwood Festival of Speed a few months ago and it is a gorgeous thing!

17 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Ils devront être exceptionnellement bien faits pour que je puisse continuer à acheter des sets Speed Champions, l'un de mes thèmes préférés. Les prix ont pratiquement doublé au cours des cinq dernières années pour les ensembles SC, l'un des gros tirages pour moi était les ensembles peu coûteux, peu importe si je les aimais ou non. Dans l'environnement d'aujourd'hui, ils devront être très appréciés pour que je puisse ouvrir le coffre-fort.

The old models in 6 wides only made 150/200 pieces, where the new ones make more than 300. That is to say the double. It is normal for the price to increase. And if you look carefully, you can find the new models at very good prices, close to the old ones. The techniques on the new models are also much better.

12 minutes ago, alpinesman said:

The old models in 6 wides only made 150/200 pieces, where the new ones make more than 300. That is to say the double. It is normal for the price to increase. And if you look carefully, you can find the new models at very good prices, close to the old ones. The techniques on the new models are also much better.

Ditto on the good prices. Walmart in particular seems to discount the Speed Champions sets often. 

New rumors are reporting this full list:

76914 Ferrari 812 competizione

76915 Pagani Utopia

76916 Porsche 963

76917 Fast & Furious Nissan Skyline GT R34

76918 McLaren F1 LM (instead of GT, edit)  + Solus GT

30657 polybag TBA

76913 still missing, maybe cancelled?

By the way I think Pagani and F1 GT they are too similar. With a gran of salt may the McLaren be a real F1 car such as the technic one?

Edited by carlo.fadel

31 minutes ago, carlo.fadel said:

76918 McLaren F1 GT

I doubt. We gave F1 last year, so maybe it will be IndyCar.

32 minutes ago, carlo.fadel said:

76915 Pagani Utopia 

Personally I would like to see Zonda or Huayra.