Full Instructions available:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-104561/Isaac Yaw/nissan-fairlady-350z-18-scale-moc/#details

750x421p.JPG

Check out the full video here:

Details/Functions:
-a replica of Nissan Fairlady 350Z with body kit
-1:8 scale
-full detailed interior
-working removable V6 fake engine 
-openable hood, doors, trunk
-height adjustable suspension system
-6 speed manual transmission

Dimensions:
-Length: 53cm
-Width: 23cm
-Height: 16cm

750x421p.JPG

750x421p.JPG

750x421p.JPG

Check out the video of the chassis on this MOC here:

Do support me by sharing and spreading this creation out to more LEGO fanatics and like my creation! Check out my other pages too! Thank you!
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/isaacs_lego_technic_creations/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKs2hHTw4g4ymL-tMJJZSA
Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/users/Isaac Yaw/mocs/

Edited by Isaac Yaw

Looks very good! I especially like the adjustable suspension and the removable engine:pir-thumb:

First of all: By providing the entire shifting mechanism and transmission for this car I do think I have earned to be credited by name everywhere you present this car, and link to my youtube video. I am happy to see my design being useful to others, but at the same time I still want people to know it is my design.

Is the transmission reliable btw? It was just a prototype I made to show off the shifting system in a reasonable form factor, but i didn't really like it as much as the other transmission i use in different layouts in my Mazda RX-7, Nissan GT-R and Nissan 180SX.

I have good and bad things to say about this MOC.

I really like the air suspension system, I'd aprechiate if you'd explain how it works in detail. Nice stuff.

The easily removable engine is awesome, a nice idea and very well executed. I wouldn't do this myself as my engines are always connected to other stuff like the Radiator, intercooler etc, but I do like the idea. You could even build a small engine crane to pull the engine :)

Despite this feature the engine still has some nice details, which is great.

What I dont really like is the bodywork. Sorry to say this, but I I think the bodywork does not look refined. The overall proportions of the car looks fine, but the body just has a lot of places that look cluttered or don't really flow together. Like that panel on the end of the doors for example, leading the slope of the curved 11L panel straight into a hard corner. That's just not something I would do with my taste of bodywork style. Or the area under the headlights and the B-pillars. Looks like something is missing there.

But my biggest complaint are the headlights. In my personal opinion, if the "eyes" of a car don't look good the whole car doesn't. It is one of the most defining factors of a car, and 2 non transparent technic pieces just don't do it for me.

Overall it is a nice MOC with some nice interesting functions on the inside, but a mediocre bodywork on the outside. Keep in mind I am comparing others  supercar MOCs to my own Cars, so I tend to be more critical to car builders than to a  crane or an excavator for example :wink:

Also, just a heads up: In your video it say the MOC has 3000+ pieces, but your part list on rebrickable only lists ~2500...

Edited by Gray Gear

On 3/13/2022 at 12:16 AM, The01 said:

Looks very good! I especially like the adjustable suspension and the removable engine:pir-thumb:

Thanks!

On 3/13/2022 at 1:46 AM, FriedlS said:

Looks great! 👍😊

Thank you😬

On 3/13/2022 at 5:52 AM, Gray Gear said:

First of all: By providing the entire shifting mechanism and transmission for this car I do think I have earned to be credited by name everywhere you present this car, and link to my youtube video. I am happy to see my design being useful to others, but at the same time I still want people to know it is my design.

Is the transmission reliable btw? It was just a prototype I made to show off the shifting system in a reasonable form factor, but i didn't really like it as much as the other transmission i use in different layouts in my Mazda RX-7, Nissan GT-R and Nissan 180SX.

I have good and bad things to say about this MOC.

I really like the air suspension system, I'd aprechiate if you'd explain how it works in detail. Nice stuff.

The easily removable engine is awesome, a nice idea and very well executed. I wouldn't do this myself as my engines are always connected to other stuff like the Radiator, intercooler etc, but I do like the idea. You could even build a small engine crane to pull the engine :)

Despite this feature the engine still has some nice details, which is great.

What I dont really like is the bodywork. Sorry to say this, but I I think the bodywork does not look refined. The overall proportions of the car looks fine, but the body just has a lot of places that look cluttered or don't really flow together. Like that panel on the end of the doors for example, leading the slope of the curved 11L panel straight into a hard corner. That's just not something I would do with my taste of bodywork style. Or the area under the headlights and the B-pillars. Looks like something is missing there.

But my biggest complaint are the headlights. In my personal opinion, if the "eyes" of a car don't look good the whole car doesn't. It is one of the most defining factors of a car, and 2 non transparent technic pieces just don't do it for me.

Overall it is a nice MOC with some nice interesting functions on the inside, but a mediocre bodywork on the outside. Keep in mind I am comparing others  supercar MOCs to my own Cars, so I tend to be more critical to car builders than to a  crane or an excavator for example :wink:

Also, just a heads up: In your video it say the MOC has 3000+ pieces, but your part list on rebrickable only lists ~2500...

Hi there! Yes, I gave credits to you for taking inspiration from your gearbox design. However, it is different from yours and I think mine works very well!  Cheers!

Thank you so much for the compliments on the suspension system and the removable engine. I really appreciate it!

I also have to agree with you on the complaints because I saw them as well as I was building it. I faced a lot of issues mainly having very limited Lego pieces to play around with. That's why most of my creations are made entirely in yellow. Not ideal, but I have to work with what I have. Hope this answers your doubts on the design of my creation. I am still working my way to getting more sets in the future for 'donor' parts and I can assure you that my future creations will get better and better.

Oh, and on the note of the parts count. I updated on all the sites and also in my YouTube video description. It was unfortunate because I initially estimated it to have more than 3000 pieces and edited the video 2 weeks beforehand. It was my mistake and I clarified it in the description.

Thank you so much for taking your time to explain your thoughts and comments in my creation. I really appreciate it!