Sign in to follow this  
gotoAndLego

[MOC] Bookshelf Library V3

Here's something I've been working on for a bit now. It's the third version of my Bookshelf Library, which was originally inspired by the Kansas City Public Library. The tree was designed by a friend of mine.

CL-17 (For Instructions) on MILS_Dark Tan_10CL-17 (For Instructions) on MILS_Dark Tan_11CL-17 (For Instructions) on MILS_Dark Tan_1CL-17 (For Instructions) on MILS_Dark Tan_2CL-17 (For Instructions) on MILS_Dark Tan_3CL-17 (For Instructions) on MILS_Dark Tan_4CL-17 (For Instructions) on MILS_Dark Tan_12

As a point of interest, here is Version 2.

Bookshelf LibraryBookshelf Library

And here was version 1

Bookshelf Library

Edited by gotoAndLego

Very nice! I liked that all three versions are very different designs. :thumbup:

As well, the picture with the bare interior of the model is very interesting to me. Instead of individual floors be removable, removing the entire exterior to reveal the multi-floored interior looks really cool. There is however the challenge of supporting the interior floors without walls. Nonetheless, I must try this out someday. :excited:

1 hour ago, ExeSandbox said:

There is however the challenge of supporting the interior floors without walls. Nonetheless, I must try this out someday. :excited:

The third design is just Studio renders at this point but the interior second floor is supported by several things; the left-side wall, the column, the trans-clear panels on the bookshelves, and the right side wall. The Balcony top, all of what you see in the interior image, is designed to be removable. I haven't decided, and therefore modified the design, how much of the facade is removable, the curved roof is removable, but on V2 you can remove the angled brown book, the three other book tops, dome, and red book to access different parts of the Library.

Edited by gotoAndLego

I should learn to read intros better...I went straight to the pictures and thought it reminded me of the Kansas City library..hahah Looks like I should make a visit to my local library and find a self help book on following directions/reading in order.

But looks great!

Really shows how skills develop over time. All three had their merits and looked interesting, but I will say V3 is the best. Most likely because of the colors used and certain pieces used (that may not have been around when V1 came out).

Wow, that's actually really beautiful. The large books are amazing. Is the "glass" dome made from plates that get smaller and smaller or is it half a Lowell sphere or something else? Regardless, really beautiful.

3 hours ago, legominiguy said:

Is the "glass" dome made from plates that get smaller and smaller or is it half a Lowell sphere or something else? Regardless, really beautiful.

Its primarily made from 1x2 plates to create the shape.

46 minutes ago, gotoAndLego said:

Its primarily made from 1x2 plates to create the shape.

It's really beautiful... thanks for sharing!

12 hours ago, legominiguy said:

It's really beautiful... thanks for sharing!

Thanks. the dome is removable to show this:

A peek through the skylight.

15 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

Thanks. the dome is removable to show this:

A peek through the skylight.

That’s really gorgeous inside too! Great work. If I may ask how many hours work do you estimate it was to design?

What a brilliantly designed modular MOC!
I like the lay-out with the books, and the tree looks great.
Lovely interior design, too!
And version 3 is definitely the best, great progressive insight.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

18 hours ago, legominiguy said:

That’s really gorgeous inside too! Great work. If I may ask how many hours work do you estimate it was to design?

I think I fiddled with version 2 for a little less than a year.

Edited by gotoAndLego

It turned out very beautifully, and I like the very idea of implementing the library as books. If I did it in life I would add a couple of references like Kanye West: World Leader, I even found such an essay on https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/kanye-west-world-leader/, so I think it would fit perfectly as a chip on the front of the building. Or you could put a portrait of someone which is also a kind of reference, just have to do it in a cartoonish way.   

Edited by Prishould