Sign in to follow this  
CapOnBOBS

[OL - FB] Military Quay Jiangkai

"Amateurs talk tactics, professionals talk logistics" COL Beauchamp exclaimed the old maxim in his operations update mailed back to Breshaun from his stop over in Fatu Hiva. "An expedition of this size will succeed of fail based not on the bravery of our soldiers, but the strength of our supply system." Seeing the wisdom in his words, the High Council dispatched MAJ Bespin and a handful of clerks to Jiangkai to begin constructing the necessary infrastructure to support the massing Army. 

MilitaryQuay

Luckily, with the positioning of the Great Southern Bay Fortress in Jiangkai, lines of communications, local provisioners, and contractors were already well known in the frontier town. Within a few weeks, the appropriate water frontage had been secured and the necessary dock space and warehouses built to begin offloading supplies. 

MilitaryQuay_2

Just before troops ships were expected to arrive, merchantmen began filling the stalls and cluttering the docks with all the panoply of war. "An Army marches on its stomach!" MAJ Bespin would remind the workers as he constantly paced back and forth across the large commercial property with clipboard in hand.

MilitaryQuay_3

He was quite proud of the little patch of plenty he had created on this, the far extreme of the great empire of Oleon. 

MilitaryQuay_4

Come whatever the fortunes of war would bring, he was determined that the campaign would not fail for lack of provisions. 

Looks like a very useful and necessary building! Nice job. I especially like the simplicity of the dock - looks great!

What a great idea for a build. Fine water effects and the structures are great. I dig that shed roof. Looks like corrugated tin. I'm partial to battered white plaster myself. Nice crane too! Dang sight better than the rickety mess I made of one months ago.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

The design reminds me of a Roman castra. Well constructed and nice Military Quay.

I really like it but I am particularly eyeing (once again) that yard door! :pir-grin: Somehow they all look wonderful and always in style!