In search of land, promised or not

Floating Dystopia is a floating barge doomed to wander the oceans of Hyperuranium in search of the promised land.

It all started on February 22, 2222 when a tremendous nuclear war wiped out human civilization in less than a week.
The earth thrown off its axis, its crust rocked by massive movements, and the five continents were torn completely apart and sunk deep below the sea.

Only a small portion of sub-Saharan Africa was saved and the few remaining human beings were forced to leave their lands, devastated and burned, to seek a safe haven where they can live in peace and prosperity. But this land is far away and in the meantime they are forced to live a dystopian life made of deprivation and scarcity.
The characters are: Kebra (advisor and childhood friend of Prince Nagast), Nagast (the prince of the sub-Saharan tribe of the Rastarians) and Hailé (the military leader of the Rastarian tribe and the bodyguard of Prince Nagast).

Will they find their promised land?
Enjoy!

IMG_4792_3000_logo-scaled.jpg

IMG_4795_2500.jpg

IMG_4804_2500.jpg

IMG_4808_2500.jpg

Waterworld! I like the incredible detail work you've put into this. Everything is here, but in the jumbled feel that surviving under the circumstances should have.

16 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Waterworld

x2!!

Excellent work! Post-apoc mocs are always creative and fun to watch. Nice minifigs too! They remind the world that humanity can't get past its "ruling" habits with their thrones, scepters etc. And ofc, those menacing broken reddish brown pieces steal the show! :pir-laugh::pir-grin:

Edited by blackdeathgr

I like the overall look of the build. Especially that yellow power unit with wheels on the roof!

What I don't like is the lack of logic and explanation behind the propulsion system. I know this fantasy and stuff, but the backstory doesn't explain how this thing is supposed to fly, without any wings or any other method to gain lift.

I know it is possible to fly a large vehilce over the surface of water very fast and efficient utilizing a phenomenon called the "ground effect". The soviet union sucessfully developed a Vehicle called the "KM" >>Link<< which was able to fly in the ground effect despite its massive weight of 240 tons, with a maximim total weight loaded with cargo over 500 tons. So making a little city or island fly in the ground effect could totally be possible, as the gound effect vehicles get more efficient the bigger you make them.

But ground effect vehicles still need wings to gain lift. And the most fatal flaw of the KM (ignoring its inability to turn reasonably) was the fact that the Jet Engines needed frequent maintance due to the salt water sucked into the engines, despite their very high placement on the vehicle.

You placed the jet engines right above the water, where they will suck in a lot of water and even sink into the water once the vehicle stops moving. Not a good idea imo :wink:

Edited by Gray Gear

20 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Waterworld! I like the incredible detail work you've put into this. Everything is here, but in the jumbled feel that surviving under the circumstances should have.

Thanks! A lot of people said "Waterworld!" looking at my MOC :classic:

4 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

x2!!

Excellent work! Post-apoc mocs are always creative and fun to watch. Nice minifigs too! They remind the world that humanity can't get past its "ruling" habits with their thrones, scepters etc. And ofc, those menacing broken reddish brown pieces steal the show! :pir-laugh::pir-grin:

Thank you! Glad to hear that :thumbup:

3 hours ago, JopieK said:

Great idea and nice how you put in all those ideas. It reminds me of https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2020/jun/15/we-rule-ok-englands-independent-island-kingdoms

Thanks!

And thanks for your remark!

4 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I like the overall look of the build. Especially that yellow power unit with wheels on the roof!

What I don't like is the lack of logic and explanation behind the propulsion system. I know this fantasy and stuff, but the backstory doesn't explain how this thing is supposed to fly, without any wings or any other method to gain lift.

I know it is possible to fly a large vehilce over the surface ofwater very fast and efficiently utilizing a phenomenon called the "ground effect". The soviet union sucessfully developed a Vehicle called the "KM" which was able to fly in the ground effect despite its massive weight of 240 tons. So making a little city or island fly in the ground effect could totally be possible, as the gound effect vehicles get more efficient the bigger you make them.

But ground effect vehicles still need wings to gain lift. And the most fatal flaw of the KM (ignoring its inability to turn reasonably) was the fact that the Jet Engines needed frequent maintance due to the salt water sucked into the engines, despite their very high placement on the vehicle.

You placed the jet engines right above the water, where they will suck in a lot of water and even sink into the water once the vehicle stops moving. Not a good idea imo :wink:

Thanks!
Many thanks for you very accurate remarks and suggestions... I'll keep your words in mind for my next post-apoc MOC :wink:

On 3/11/2022 at 10:16 PM, gotoAndLego said:

Wasn't this in the movie Moistal Engines?

To be honest I've never heard that movie...:sweet:

On 3/16/2022 at 3:23 PM, ArchitectureFan said:

Excellent design.  I always think that the blue hut has three eyes... :laugh:

Once you see it, you can't unsee it!

On 3/28/2022 at 4:57 PM, Grom Knight said:

Some commandos and they get make it out of its dystopia!

:thumbup: :classic: :thumbup: