5 minutes ago, morvit said:

Would you rather have 1000 more pieces or 10 more minifigs?

3,500 pieces and 20 minifigs vs. 4,500 pieces and 10 minifigs.

I’d rather have the minifigures.  I can buy more pieces, but I need Lego to introduce more minifig prints to expand the characters.  

1 hour ago, INTENSS said:

I’d rather have the minifigures.  I can buy more pieces, but I need Lego to introduce more minifig prints to expand the characters.  

This exactly. Minifigs aren’t necessarily the most important aspect of Lego, but they are the greatest limiting factor. Bricks is bricks, but the minifigs prints are vital. 

40 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

This exactly. Minifigs aren’t necessarily the most important aspect of Lego, but they are the greatest limiting factor. Bricks is bricks, but the minifigs prints are vital. 

Definitely more minifigs.  I really hope we get some more info soon like an actual piece count or minifig count.  

10 hours ago, morvit said:

"I’d rather have the minifigures the biggest and best castle ever.  I can buy more pieces minifigs." I get the counter argument; but I have tens of thousands of figs already. I have only a million or so blocks. But is all seriousness: The castle has to be grand and something special. If the castle is blah, no amount of figs will get me to buy this set.

Edited by Follows Closely

10 hours ago, morvit said:

Minifigs, but I would not mind change some of those out with some animals :wink:
3500 pieces, 15 minifigs and 10 animals.

What you are arguing for is not the volume of minifigs within the set; as they can be purchased separately just like bricks can.

What you are arguing for is more variation in the prints on the minifigs. More armour, more factions, more civilians, more minifigs wearing "save the goat" T-shirts, etc...

19 minutes ago, The_Cook said:

What you are arguing for is not the volume of minifigs within the set; as they can be purchased separately just like bricks can.

What you are arguing for is more variation in the prints on the minifigs. More armour, more factions, more civilians, more minifigs wearing "save the goat" T-shirts, etc...

Hah! Well said. 

4 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

"I’d rather have the minifigures the biggest and best castle ever.  I can buy more pieces minifigs." I get the counter argument; but I have tens of thousands of figs already. I have only a million or so blocks. But is all seriousness: The castle has to be grand and something special. If the castle is blah, no amount of figs will get me to buy this set.

I think the castle is going to be pretty grand and special one way or another, if its rumored price point is anything to go by. I mean, there haven't really BEEN any "King's Castle" type sets priced higher than $100 or so — even if you adjust for inflation, none of the big "flagship" castles in the theme's history have had price points even approaching $300 in today's money.

For that matter, sets like Ninjago City Gardens demonstrate that large numbers of minifigures don't remotely preclude huge sets like this being outstandingly impressive builds in their own right. And the minifigures in that set didn't even have as many shared prints or headgear molds as you'd expect in a castle set with uniformed castle guards and archers.

22 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Fewer than ten would be almost comical manning a castle that figures to be the biggest ever. I expect between 15 and 20. 

And i will say, between 4 - 7 aniamls. 

18 hours ago, morvit said:

More figures. There are always pieces coming out that appeal to Castle fans - just check the other thread and take a look for yourself. Figures are far fewer in between. In fact, I'd say our greatest shared frustration is a lack of new heraldry that ties together a group of figures or decorates a castle. Even at 3,500 pieces, the castle will be obnoxiously huge. That's more than two of the Kingdoms Joust, the most expensive mainline set to date.

14 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

And i will say, between 4 - 7 aniamls. 

Not necessarily. While farm animals are expected to be on a farm or in a medieval village, a castle doesn't necessarily need animals like cows, chicken etc. I bet there will be horses, maybe an owl or dog, but what other animals can they put in a castle, especially ones that we didn't have yet?

8 minutes ago, Poco Lypso said:

I bet there will be horses, maybe an owl or dog, but what other animals can they put in a castle, especially ones that we didn't have yet?

I'm pretty sure there will be a frog in the moat, too! :grin: New animal-wise, I'm wishing this castle would bring us a new falcon mould...one that would be on par with all the nicely detailed birds we've had lately! 
And if it's a gyrfalcon, I'll be on cloud nine!

37 minutes ago, Aurore said:

I'm pretty sure there will be a frog in the moat, too! :grin: New animal-wise, I'm wishing this castle would bring us a new falcon mould...one that would be on par with all the nicely detailed birds we've had lately! 
And if it's a gyrfalcon, I'll be on cloud nine!

Is it for sure there's a moat included with the set? :wink:

1 hour ago, Poco Lypso said:

Not necessarily. While farm animals are expected to be on a farm or in a medieval village, a castle doesn't necessarily need animals like cows, chicken etc. I bet there will be horses, maybe an owl or dog, but what other animals can they put in a castle, especially ones that we didn't have yet?

Ones we do have - cat and rat, whatever exotic animals the lord may have e.g. bear, lion.

Ones we don't have yet peacock, doves (well we have the little white bird).

Edited by timemail

1 hour ago, GeoBrick said:

Is it for sure there's a moat included with the set? :wink:

Hmm...nope. Right. But I'm still convinced they'll find a way of including a frog! :purrr:

3 hours ago, Poco Lypso said:

I am not expecting any new animals, but we may see the return of the goat :wink: However 4 horses as a minimum should be included. Then it depends how they make the set if they include civilian farmer figs or not, if the do then it is more likely more animals will follow:

1. farmer with cow drawn carriage
  2. farmer boy shepheard
  3. farmer girl collecting eggs from hens
  4. farmer woman milking goats

It the set on the other hand are focused only on the king and his soldiers we may not get many other then the horses, but time will show and with a record high number of farm animals in City it would be strange if they did not take advantage of that and included a few.

6 hours ago, Poco Lypso said:

True but I respectfully disagree with your opinion. 

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I am not expecting any new animals, but we may see the return of the goat :wink: However 4 horses as a minimum should be included. Then it depends how they make the set if they include civilian farmer figs or not, if the do then it is more likely more animals will follow:

2. farmer boy shepheard

It the set on the other hand are focused only on the king and his soldiers we may not get many other then the horses, but time will show and with a record high number of farm animals in City it would be strange if they did not take advantage of that and included a few.

This.

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

1. farmer with goat drawn carriage
  2. farmer boy goatheard
  3. farmer girl collecting eggs from goat-sharped hens

AFixOLed it for you? :laugh:

4 hours ago, Aurore said:

Hmm...nope. Right. But I'm still convinced they'll find a way of including a frog! :purrr:

Without a moat, there are at least two other possible options: in the castle well, or the inevitable princess companion for a first kiss. 

I just hope there won't be too many sheep in the set. I recently received an order with a whole flock of 'm.
Chicken, pig(lets) and cattle are always welcome. :moar:

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

2. farmer boy shepheard

I think getting the goat back in a set like this is REALLY wishful thinking. If the goat is ever brought back, or a new goat is introduced, it's most likely going to be in a cheap set produced in high quantities like a CMF or a <$100 City or Castle set, where the cost of remolding it could get more bang for its buck—not a $300+ D2C set which, regardless of its popularity, is likely to move far fewer units than a more affordable set would.

As such if the goat were coming back this year we almost certainly would at least be seeing it in things like the City farm sets before we saw it in an expensive D2C, simply because the designers of this huge set would likely have to work with designers in another theme to budget for something like that.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

I think getting the goat back in a set like this is REALLY wishful thinking. If the goat is ever brought back, or a new goat is introduced, it's most likely going to be in a cheap set produced in high quantities like a CMF or a <$100 City or Castle set, where the cost of remolding it could get more bang for its buck—not a $300+ D2C set which, regardless of its popularity, is likely to move far fewer units than a more affordable set would.

As such if the goat were coming back this year we almost certainly would at least be seeing it in things like the City farm sets before we saw it in an expensive D2C, simply because the designers of this huge set would likely have to work with designers in another theme to budget for something like that.

At this point the goat is just an inside joke, hence the winky face. All of your points are right on, and have been discussed many times. 

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

:laugh:

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

I agree with all your points, however the goat is a special case. The only set that had it was a Castle set, there is a huge demand for it and a anniversary set like this would be the perfect occasion to bring it back.
It all depends on the budget of the set, if that is big enough to make a "new" mould they would probably do it if not no way it is included without as you say showing up in City or CMF first. The only chance for that now is a limited City farm set that have not leaked (I still hope there is one) or the so called anniversary CMF series (if that is still a thing) :shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Goat-shaped hens would be absolutely terrifying. Let's do it. 

Just now, Follows Closely said:

I check this daily. I don't know why. I need to stop.

Well, you are one who “follows closely”. Seems appropriate.