for anyone interested - a new wizard with an owl minifig has been leaked to be joining build a minifig selection in Lego stores. A great way to get just the figure and tie it with the set (if you wish to do so). The minifigure is definitely an homage to the OG wizard minifigure, minus the beard 

vigadeath_ on Instagram posted this photo earlier today! I guess he was at the Build a Minifigure section and found this torso. Maybe we will be getting the lord of the Black Falcons in the 90th anniversary castle? Either way, I have to check my local lego store :wink:

Screenshot_20220428-102302_Instagram.jpg

10 minutes ago, azog said:

vigadeath_ on Instagram posted this photo earlier today! I guess he was at the Build a Minifigure section and found this torso. Maybe we will be getting the lord of the Black Falcons in the 90th anniversary castle? Either way, I have to check my local lego store :wink:

Can't wait to see this castle 

I like how it looks from the front. The printed Cape at the back less so but that can be covered up. So we think it's legitimate? Is it from the set or BAM then ?

Edit: looking at what Vigadeath_ said about the hood print, perhaps it's from one of those print it yourself machine like they have in Leicester Square? Probably not though because I think they only did white torsos, and had more basic designs. But the stacked prints as it were lead to my thinking.

Edited by Agent Kallus

That's an awesome torso for sure as a Black Falcon Lord , King, Prince or just high ranked Knight (it's never really defined if they had a King, but there was a Knight's Castle)

Basicly a very modern variant to this: 

cas176.png

Edited by TeriXeri

38 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I like how it looks from the front. The printed Cape at the back less so but that can be covered up. So we think it's legitimate? Is it from the set or BAM then ?

Edit: looking at what Vigadeath_ said about the hood print, perhaps it's from one of those print it yourself machine like they have in Leicester Square? Probably not though because I think they only did white torsos, and had more basic designs. But the stacked prints as it were lead to my thinking.

I think it has to be either legit or a custom by someone else. The minifigure factor like you said only allows for a white torso. Let's hope it's real!

6 hours ago, azog said:

This is a weird one. If he found it in BAM I'd say it's legit, but it's not in the Black Falcon colors at all. Like others have said, it could be a figure from the upcoming set, or it could just be a one-off if it's real. Does anyone have a picture of the wizard?

Some old falcons used red plumes, many used red hips.

This Falcon figure was even using a red torso : 

cas194.png6021-1.jpg

Sure, most falcon figures are known for Blue/Black torsos with the classic falcon logos, but red for an armored falcon figure isn't out of place to me looking at the sets, Knight's Castle also had a red gate.

6073-1.jpg

I don't know the exact lore but Falcons used black armored knights (some with red accents) before and during the black knight era, maybe the Black Monarch was some split off faction (or overseas as Falcon/Black Knight only seem to be together in 2 boat sets)

Overall I think that falcon red short cape torso is not out of place when compared to older Falcon figs with red plumes or hips, and torso print could be covered up with a plate armor and still be "historic" , Chainmail under Plate was a thing.

Certainly a lot better compared to the "Pirate" shirt in the 3-in-1 set.

The new 3-in-1 set Vikings using more leather-like padded/banded armor is nice variation as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

The torso is very nice.  If I have time tomorrow I will stop at the lego store and see if the wizard and the knight torso are there.  

Pictures of the City farm set have appeared, and the (new) cow is the same as the one in the DeLorean video. Considering that most of the parts/colours/prints that appeared were reused (with a few notable exceptions), this suggests that the cow (and accompanying cart) will be in the Castle. 

30 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Pictures of the City farm set have appeared, and the (new) cow is the same as the one in the DeLorean video. Considering that most of the parts/colours/prints that appeared were reused (with a few notable exceptions), this suggests that the cow (and accompanying cart) will be in the Castle. 

Those peasant torsos may also be real then.  Fingers crossed!

I really like that new Black Falcon torso... but why red?  Their whole color scheme is Black, White and Blue.

Either way, the front print will work for a lot of new soldier variations.

Edited by Triceron

43 minutes ago, Triceron said:

I really like that new Black Falcon torso... but why red?  Their whole color scheme is Black, White and Blue.

Either way, the front print will work for a lot of new soldier variations.

I hear you, but I have come to embrace the variety in color that is often introduced to this sort of thing. One example of this would be the CMF rogue, that’s mostly green with a dash of red and includes the Wolfpack emblem. 

I guess what I’m saying is that the monochromatic approach to factions isn’t written in stone, and the variety can be nice to look at. 

14 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

I hear you, but I have come to embrace the variety in color that is often introduced to this sort of thing. One example of this would be the CMF rogue, that’s mostly green with a dash of red and includes the Wolfpack emblem. 

I guess what I’m saying is that the monochromatic approach to factions isn’t written in stone, and the variety can be nice to look at. 

Maybe, but I think yellow would have worked better as a nod to the old shields.

And blue would also be my preferred color.

Hopefully they will introduce this Torso to the online BAM when the make that service available again.

3 minutes ago, the Inventor said:

Maybe, but I think yellow would have worked better as a nod to the old shields.

And blue would also be my preferred color.

Hopefully they will introduce this Torso to the online BAM when the make that service available again.

Yeah I get that. I’m just learning to embrace it I suppose, lol. 

I hope it’s available online too. That’d be a lot more convenient than driving all the way to Dallas. :)

It actually might not be the falcons at all - notice that the bird is not half black/white. It could be a brand new faction sporting a white eagle (or falcon) on a red filed as their coat of arms. In any case, I suppose that our Polish fellow AFOLs would be particularly pleased with this torso and any follow-up torsos and shields and what not (though the bird is facing the wrong way, and missing a crown).

I am a little skeptical of this torso.  It almost looks like there is a raised edge (sticker) on the top left corner of the back of the torso.  

If it is real, I would make this a separate faction from the black falcons.  (That is... if I could get enough of them)  I like my factions to match even if that is not historically correct.

5 hours ago, DaleDVM said:

I am a little skeptical of this torso.  It almost looks like there is a raised edge (sticker) on the top left corner of the back of the torso.  

If it is real, I would make this a separate faction from the black falcons.  (That is... if I could get enough of them)  I like my factions to match even if that is not historically correct.

I doubted this one too for similar reasons, but others have shown up in the UK so it seems to be legit.

I like mine to match as well, could always just cover it up with a physical cape if needed….though that would still bother me knowing it was under there.  They’ll probably be a separate unit for the BF army for

me.

Ughhh. I was hoping they learned their lesson with the CMF Viking figure but I guess not. That torso looks sweet from the front, but the printed cape on the back looks absolutely terrible and ruins the piece for me. Seems like I have to stock up on red capes to go with them, or else I don't think I will be using any.

39 minutes ago, Frike said:

Ughhh. I was hoping they learned their lesson with the CMF Viking figure but I guess not. That torso looks sweet from the front, but the printed cape on the back looks absolutely terrible and ruins the piece for me. Seems like I have to stock up on red capes to go with them, or else I don't think I will be using any.

I think that ,whilst red capes would work well with the torso, most appropriate back accessories would work. We can consider the cape as a smaller cloak. Like the backpacks.

4215414.jpg6275293.jpg4598955.jpg4495724.jpg

I would have been excited for the chain mail torso, if it wasn't for the printed cape, although it's way better executed than the printing on CMF 20 Viking, where IMHO the back print really ruins the minifigure, that I otherwise would have adored!

A generic chain mail torso would have been fantastic. One that could be used for multiple factions. I like the torso of CMF 19 Fright Knight, but I'm relucant to change the hands on torsos.

To me, even the Nexo Knight Eagle/Falcon emblems are compatible with things, but I'm not as picky as I only rejoined LEGO back in 2016 so most of my castle figs and print/sticker parts are actually nexo.

I would even go as far as using those stickered parts as banners, however I can understand concerns from purists/classic collectors.

x1435pb023.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

It is hard for me to make a faction out of just a minifig torso. AND that is assuming I can get my hands on 20 or more of these figs.  This is especially true when the sigil is found on the back of the minifig.  They need some shields or banners to signify who they are and make them identifiable from the front when I assemble them into units.  If I was able to get enough of these figs, "White falcons" is not a name for this faction I find attractive at all.  White Eagle, Osprey, Hawks, or birds of prey would be better IMHO.

I suppose the white bird from the cape would be easy enough to print out onto some sort of sticker and applied to a flag/banner.  However, being a purist, I have never done that in the past.  In fact, I have never really had to... as most of the past CMFs have come with their own shields that clearly signify what faction they belong to.