30 minutes ago, INTENSS said:

Lego has definitely been laying out the love for Castle during the past year.  This bad boy should be the icing on the cake.

We’re you able to grab a Castle in the Forest as well?  Stockpile some minifigs from CMF series 23?  Load up on those bards!

Hahah, I did manage to grab a couple of bards. The faire going on in my Medieval Market Village is now more entertained.

I didn't grab the Castle in the Forest. Its a super cool build, but for the money, I'd be in it for new minifigs, which obviously wasn't part of the deal with that set.

17 hours ago, The Stud said:

I honestly think this could be it, I don’t know where else this render could have come from unless it’s an actual set or something they mocked up just for this one video.

Anyway, I wasn’t even born yet when those original Classic Castle/Pirates/Space sets were out, but I still enjoy seeing it when Lego pays tribute to those themes with more modern minifigures, pieces and building techniques. That’s why I own Barracuda Bay, Benny’s Spaceship, Benny’s Space Squad and the Ideas Exo Suit. I think this set will turn out amazing like these other ones I mentioned. I just want a big, detailed version of an old-school Lego Castle with tons of minifigs to boot. I probably won’t get it for a couple years though, I have a lot of big sets on my shopping list already and just bought a big Castle: the Disney one.

I’m envisioning an amazing shelf display of Ideas sets with this one, Barracuda Bay, the Tree House I still need to buy and the Medieval Blacksmith that I now have extra incentive to buy.

I don't think this is why would they spoil it in march for a August release.  I really don't think this is it.  Also you can see the windmill from the village raid set there is no way they are putting that in the set.  This is probably just some moc someone did up for the video like you mentioned which is totally feasible.  

17 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

On one hand, it looks like there are a lot of those new 1x4 with curved top in lbg, which are most likely going to be used on the new castle, but it still looks to me like a collection of individual builds placed next to each other rather than one coherent model

Exactly no way this is the castle set.  In my opinion.  

2 hours ago, SirBlake said:

This news is big enough to come out of retirement for me. Hello to my old Lego Castle friends.

It is very exciting to see that Castle has been getting some love over the last year or two, and even more exciting that we're finally going to get a big boy (and big $) castle.

Though I haven't posted in a long time, I have been paying attention, and I must say, I am 99.9% certain that the images from the Back to the Future video are in no way representative of what we'll see this summer. Too much of it is a conglomeration of pre-existing sets from different styles and eras. Plus, there is precedence for this. When we were waiting for the Creator Medieval Castle set to be reviewed, there was a promo video that included a unique castle that had a much better chance of being a sneak peek of the set to come, and it wasn't related to anything that made production.

Side note: I've been keeping up and got the Ideas Blacksmith, 3 copies of the Creator Medieval Castle and several of the new Black Falcons minifigs from Bricks & Pieces as well as the CMF's that fit within the castle, historic and fantasy themes. So, while I have been silent, I certainly haven't given up on the best theme. :)

Nice to see you back.  Have you built the blacksmith or the 3in1?  I really like the build on the blacksmith shop and I have an extra copy in box.  I built the main model from the 3in1 have you built that also?  I also have another copy of the 3in1 will probably get another to make the large build.  I also have another order from Band P coming with about 20 BF knights and I have 37 of the new ones now.  I don't think this will be the 90th anniversary castle either this just doesn't seem right to me for a set like that.  I have to agree that this just seems to be a mish mash of old sets with a moc thrown in.  Also curious do like the new black falcon knights and how many were you able to get so far?  

I think I agree with many people here that the Castle in the promo video, while cool, is a bit lackluster as a $350 build.  The details are just not there, and it looks more like a slightly updated 3x scale Creator Medieval Castle with Lion shields more than anything.  I mean, I think that's possible, but I'd much prefer something more detailed.  That castle is really big too, like a lot of bricks being used just to make super high flat walls.

It would be neat if this was a first look at something we might be getting, but I'm holding out hope for something more detailed.  I initially bought the Medieval Castle creator set, but returned it and got the Blacksmith instead, the details of the build were a no brainer after I took a good at the two.  I really hope I don't have to make that decision between getting the Lion's castle or just getting 3x Medieval Castles for the same price point.

4 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

Nice to see you back.  Have you built the blacksmith or the 3in1?  I really like the build on the blacksmith shop and I have an extra copy in box.  I built the main model from the 3in1 have you built that also?  I also have another copy of the 3in1 will probably get another to make the large build.  I also have another order from Band P coming with about 20 BF knights and I have 37 of the new ones now.  I don't think this will be the 90th anniversary castle either this just doesn't seem right to me for a set like that.  I have to agree that this just seems to be a mish mash of old sets with a moc thrown in.  Also curious do like the new black falcon knights and how many were you able to get so far?  

Thanks! Yes, actually if you look at the last paragraph of the post you quoted, you'll see that I did get the Blacksmith and 3 of the new Creator castles. I have about 20 of the new Black Falcon figs and I love them. I also added archers by using LotR Rohan Archer torsos with blue arms. Kind of making my own complete faction.

BlackFalconArchers.jpg

I don’t think it’s lackluster, it’s snip and bits, you can see the Kingdoms Joust, some Medieval Village, the Blacksmith set, the 3 in 1 creator and a bit of the new set but not everything of course although I’m like what I am seeing so far!!!  

Common peeps haha how could you not see that it’s the upcoming castle, the yellow and red flags from 6080 is prevalent in this new castle, obviously we are not being shown the real huge estate or the inside but that windmill is the same from the village raid.  They mixed and match a lot of the recent castle sets for this ad. 

Edited by eldiano

51 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I don’t think it’s lackluster, it’s snip and bits, you can see the Kingdoms Joust, some Medieval Village, the Blacksmith set, the 3 in 1 creator and a bit of the new set but not everything of course although I’m like what I am seeing so far!!!  

Common peeps haha how could you not see that it’s the upcoming castle, the yellow and red flags from 6080 is prevalent in this new castle, obviously we are not being shown the real huge estate or the inside but that windmill is the same from the village raid.  They mixed and match a lot of the recent castle sets for this ad. 

Exactly. The fact that we have a brand new castle entrance based on the 6080 set and that everything else around it is official sets makes me believe that we are almost definitely seeing some part of the castle, but not all of it.

On 3/16/2022 at 12:29 PM, Alexandrina said:

Unfortunately my all-time favourite piece lost its fight years earlier than the goat. Too soft for the fight, I hear... :pir-wench:

My favorite was the Exo Force robot body which had was too brief of a life.

The problem is that isn't a brand new castle entrance based on 6080. It is a very slightly modified 6080 and there's no way the main gate of a $350 set is almost a direct copy of an almost 40 year old set that was nowhere near that price point (adjusting for inflation). Look how grand the Kingdom's Joust set was. Tons more detail at a much greater scale. I'm expecting something like that, but with the castle walls and towers to finish it out.

Anyone who thinks this is a sneak peek at the 90th Anniversary castle care to make a wager? If I'm right, you have to have a Dallas Cowboys logo as your avatar for a month. If you're right, I'll do the same with whatever team you pick (whatever sport). Let's have some fun with this.

6 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

The problem is that isn't a brand new castle entrance based on 6080. It is a very slightly modified 6080 and there's no way the main gate of a $350 set is almost a direct copy of an almost 40 year old set that was nowhere near that price point (adjusting for inflation). Look how grand the Kingdom's Joust set was. Tons more detail at a much greater scale. I'm expecting something like that, but with the castle walls and towers to finish it out.

Anyone who thinks this is a sneak peek at the 90th Anniversary castle care to make a wager? If I'm right, you have to have a Dallas Cowboys logo as your avatar for a month. If you're right, I'll do the same with whatever team you pick (whatever sport). Let's have some fun with this.

Welcome back!

:sweet:

24 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

There’s two factions in this forum who are completely split about castles at the moment. Those who feel that castles shouldn’t have like 1,500 bricks in 1x1 bricks and like 100 bricks for one section and those who feel that 1,500 bricks SHOULD be grand and magnificent like the Kingdoms Joust.  

This sneak preview was just that, looking at the set proved that it can be a huge castle with simple walls, details and hidden details that are yet to be seen, those towers although similar in design to the Creator in 3in1 set have the yellow and red banners floating in the background, i have a feeling the alternate builds we got from the creator set is how we would see the towers played out here and so far it’s what i’m seeing in the background for this Lion King’s Castle Homage. Although we do see the tower alternate build from the creator set next to the windmill from the village raid.

We should be glad and rejoice, they might throw in the old school pine cone trees in this set! But I also spy new pieces.  I know some like the whole decrepit look on castles with vines and tress, but I’m one of the few who like my castles brand new and shiny.  I concur with NoOneOfImportance, LEGO is throwing us the dog bone and i’m taking a huge bite out of it.  The hype is real, sooo worth the $350 for me. 

I have faith in LEGO, I mean common, they did not let us down in Barracuda Bay, one of the best Pirate designs and builds in years in $200 bucks, you really think they wouldn’t go all out for $350? Hahaha they will milk the nostalgia out of our wallets on this set and I’m all in!  

Not to mention I’m betting bricks they are still going all in on the VIP perks to let us buy older sets of their choosing and I’m hoping those castle, kingdoms and pirates is all part of it!!!

Edited by eldiano

48 minutes ago, eldiano said:

There’s two factions in this forum who are completely split about castles at the moment. Those who feel that castles shouldn’t have like 1,500 bricks in 1x1 bricks and like 100 bricks for one section and those who feel that 1,500 bricks SHOULD be grand and magnificent like the Kingdoms Joust.  

This sneak preview was just that, looking at the set proved that it can be a huge castle with simple walls, details and hidden details that are yet to be seen, those towers although similar in design to the Creator in 3in1 set have the yellow and red banners floating in the background, i have a feeling the alternate builds we got from the creator set is how we would see the towers played out here and so far it’s what i’m seeing in the background for this Lion King’s Castle Homage. Although we do see the tower alternate build from the creator set next to the windmill from the village raid.

We should be glad and rejoice, they might throw in the old school pine cone trees in this set! But I also spy new pieces.  I know some like the whole decrepit look on castles with vines and tress, but I’m one of the few who like my castles brand new and shiny.  I concur with NoOneOfImportance, LEGO is throwing us the dog bone and i’m taking a huge bite out of it.  The hype is real, sooo worth the $350 for me. 

I have faith in LEGO, I mean common, they did not let us down in Barracuda Bay, one of the best Pirate designs and builds in years in $200 bucks, you really think they wouldn’t go all out for $350? Hahaha they will milk the nostalgia out of our wallets on this set and I’m all in!  

Not to mention I’m betting bricks they are still going all in on the VIP perks to let us buy older sets of their choosing and I’m hoping those castle, kingdoms and pirates is all part of it!!!

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time following your logic. That's ok. Time will show who's wrong, but the funny thing is it might be both of us, lol. Either way, we can surely agree that It will be grand, and likely a crown jewel for many of our collections. I can't wait!

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Welcome back!

:sweet:

Howdy, Robert! I've been keeping a close eye on your CMF work. It's just brilliant. So many that I NEED to be real, lol. The Gaul is the latest/greatest I've been pining for. Thanks so much for continuing this. I'll really miss it when it ends.

I think two of the buildings in the first shot is just mocs so I think the castle could be also, my guess is that it is not the castle we get in August. It would be rather clumsy to reveal that accidentally this way as well (however would not be the first time). I assume they used some time to make this promo as well, would they have access to use a set that is released a half year later (was the castle even finished when they made the promo). As I have said I find it unlikely they will include those minifigs and only those animals in the set :sceptic:

I don’t think this castle in promo is what we will get in August. I thin it’s simply a scenery. Just saying. 

All right look, LEGO used real sets for the Castle promo, the only Macguffin here is the Medieval Village Market.  It is the SAME exact two buildings used BUT they switched up the colors, like they did on Creator 3n1 reskins  

Here you see the Kingdoms Joust entrance and the left and right buildings are the same ones use in the Medieval Village Market, they use the same window lattices, the same floor layouts and windows they even slap you in the face by using the same crown banner and the round arch’s on a building.

5fewyiy.jpg

ajJ8arB.jpg

nhFvLB9.jpg

Medieval Blacksmith with the blacksmith Minifigure, and you can see the right column of the Kingdoms Joust castle

0W5l9lA.jpg

EHEIq8X.jpg

This shot shows you TWO medieval Blacksmith’s sets. 

qkYeMjI.jpg

Avcl6PK.jpg

The Entrance of the Castle of what presumes to be the upcoming 10305 because so far i have shown you that LEGO has pulled no punches in reusing the “Kingdoms” shield and the Castle banner in the same promo, so you can clearly see the upcoming Lion king shields hanging above the entrances but also in the background to throw us off is two buildings from 31120 the throne room and the guard tower of Medieval castle.  I can recognize that chicken brick build from a mile away after doing an MOC on the entire building.  

GNw8fnn.jpg

You see the backside of this building and the rooster facing you 

EpEm6GF.jpg

0jSWNyx.jpg

This is completely new to me because the towers although fly the banners from 6080 also reuse the alternate build of the creator 3n1 tower you will see in a little bit

fRoMnaZ.jpg

The Windmill from mill village raid and the alternate tower build from the creator 3n1 medieval castle.  As I mentioned above they literally use the same build for the towers seen in the background there but here you see the full build with the banner hanging on the side. 

T1M5two.jpg

crYq33X.jpg

GWNroml.jpg

Maybe the upcoming castle is a mix of the Medieval Castle we got last year because they for sure used a lot of the same building techniques we saw the only thing throwing me off is the raised building allowing room for a moat.  

NVpJtom.jpg

Last but not least they finally used the real blue bricks on building from Medieval Village Market as seen here, then you see the Barn from Mill Village raid and then you see another angle from Medieval Blacksmith and two of those apple trees with that ridiculous well I hated.  Haha

3or7j8z.jpg

That’s my breakdown on why I do NOT think TLG Was bluffing on giving us a sneak peak at 10305…

i also buy castle weapons from shop.lego.com a lot  to know that those freaking halberd’s seen in that video from the lion knights are discontinued… unless they made a miraculous comeback somehow this year for nostalgias sake. 

Edited by eldiano

Nice observations.

I'm slowly in the process of seeing my collection as a sum of parts instead of just keeping things as displays, and according to the database sites I do have a lot of parts suitable for expanding something big like this upcoming Castle (especially the amount of greys/browns parts spread across many sets I could take apart)

Long ago I only got 1 lion knight set (viking voyager), but the year I came back into LEGO (2016), I did get the GWP for the Lion Knight there.

If anything, while I don't have any year 1999-2014 castle stuff, I can still see a lot of potential if I end up modding (swapping heads mostly) nexo knight figs into seperate factions (i don't mind the techy-prints on the armor, the most important thing are the emblems/colors could be sub-factions of a Castle, + a lot of those shield-insert tiles have cool prints to be special custom characters)

Same with Ninjago sets of recent years, provided some cool stuff like skeletons , "orcs" , "goblins" etc, season 13 overall had great parts for rock-lava type builds, and the 2022 Dojo/Training center aren't bad part-wise either, and Dragons of course throughout the whole theme.

Of course Blacksmith and 3-in-1 Castle can't be forgotten as a good modern Falcons collection + useful parts.

(purely speaking from a set perspective here, not seperately bought parts/figs)

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, TeriXeri said:

Nice observations.

I'm slowly in the process of seeing my collection as a sum of parts instead of just keeping things as displays, and according to the database sites I do have a lot of parts suitable for expanding something big like this upcoming Castle (especially the amount of greys/browns parts spread across many sets I could take apart)

Long ago I only got 1 lion knight set (viking voyager), but the year I came back into LEGO (2016), I did get the GWP for the Lion Knight there.

If anything, while I don't have any year 1999-2014 castle stuff, I can still see a lot of potential if I end up modding (swapping heads mostly) nexo knight figs into seperate factions (i don't mind the techy-prints on the armor, the most important thing are the emblems/colors could be sub-factions of a Castle, + a lot of those shield-insert tiles have cool prints to be special custom characters)

Same with Ninjago sets of recent years, provided some cool stuff like skeletons , "orcs" , "goblins" etc, season 13 overall had great parts for rock-lava type builds, and the 2022 Dojo/Training center aren't bad part-wise either, and Dragons of course throughout the whole theme.

Of course Blacksmith and 3-in-1 Castle can't be forgotten as a good modern Falcons collection + useful parts.

(purely speaking from a set perspective here, not seperately bought parts/figs)

Exactly! I for one can’t miss these perfect chances to stock up on parts and figures, especially when they have them in stock, back in 2019 there was a fine line were Bricks and Pieces stocked 2013 castle parts and then went out of stock… forever haha 

sometimes I questioned why I bought sooo many black Falcon minifgures but aside these you see here, also not picture is a bin full of weapons, bricks and castle inspired from the current sets in stock, ie Medieval castle, medIeval blacksmith, creator 3n1 🤣🤣 that’s why I was analytical with Tmnt post above, there was a point in my life where I lived and breathed the castles manuals for the past 15 years for Mocs and parts I was acquiring 

JQNU5y0.jpg

I am doing the same with pirates, chances like these are rare

but I am completely sure I will have as many lion knights to match the same amount of black falcons.  And I ordered 10 more since the torsos and legs were in stock 😭😭 please help

6 hours ago, eldiano said:

All right look, LEGO used real sets for the Castle promo, the only Macguffin here is the Medieval Village Market.  It is the SAME exact two buildings used BUT they switched up the colors, like they did on Creator 3n1 reskins  

That’s my breakdown on why I do NOT think TLG Was bluffing on giving us a sneak peak at 10305…

Your breakdown further convinces me that all the sets are "real sets". I would add real sets from the past. The past, including that reference to our beloved #6080. I just don't see how LEGO would waste this opportunity by re-releasing a gatehouse. Especially one as basic as #6080. I just re-built #6080. I love it. However, in todays standards #6080 is lacking. Time will tell, but I would be shocked if the image above is indeed a preview of the 10305-lion-king’s-castle. 

P.S. I would buy it day one!

NVpJtom.jpg

No way we have seen the new castle yet!

To build a LEGO medieval setting there were used and recycled a lot of the previous Castle sets, just like was done with the modular buildings to build Bricksburg in The LEGO Movie.

10 hours ago, eldiano said:

5fewyiy.jpg

I really like the headdress for the lady. It looks like a white version of the headgear from the Egyptian Warrior.

col202.png

I would really like to see some civilian minifigures in the 10305 set! They are much too rare!

Thankfully there is a City farm theme coming soon, I'm looking forward to get some animals too!

7 hours ago, Wesley D said:

No way we have seen the new castle yet!

To build a LEGO medieval setting there were used and recycled a lot of the previous Castle sets, just like was done with the modular buildings to build Bricksburg in The LEGO Movie.

I really like the headdress for the lady. It looks like a white version of the headgear from the Egyptian Warrior.

col202.png

I would really like to see some civilian minifigures in the 10305 set! They are much too rare!

Thankfully there is a City farm theme coming soon, I'm looking forward to get some animals too!

Not only that headdress, but did anyone else notice the civilian torsos in that same picture that we’ve never seen before as well as a medium nougat cow?  Those are far more interesting than the structures to me.

9 hours ago, Wesley D said:

Oooh good spot! I'm in dire need of more varied medieval women's headwear for certain projects I'm working on, so I REALLY hope this is a portent of things to come and not another missed opportunity.

@Wesley D - you have a good eye on this the white version of Egyptian Warrior’s headdress! 

I can’t wait to see more details eventually!

53 minutes ago, Maple said:

If I'm ever missing I want @eldiano to come and find me. haha

Or you start following this forum.:oh3:

Adding my opinion to the "is it the upcoming castle in this promo video?" discussion. This is simply a medieval backdrop for a promo video, so a priori there's no reason to believe they would use the model of an upcoming set. The fact that official sets from the past are present is simply that (1) they are easily available as digital assets, and (2) they give the viewer a kick by recognizing them.

The castle in the video has the (almost) exact same gatehouse as 6080. Nobody should really seriously suggest that TLG would release a new castle with the same exact gatehouse as an old set. Never mind the price difference between the two. So just from that fact alone we know that this castle isn't the same as what will be released.

The only argument that could have some weight is saying that other aspects of the castle, like the geometry and/or design of the rest of the curtain wall, which is decidedly different, is from the upcoming set. However I don't believe even that is the case. It's just a simple grey stone wall. I don't see any reason why TLG would take such a simple design from an upcoming set instead of simply making a different one in an hour or two when they are always so concerned about spoiling sets ahead of release. When they did the promo video with a castle before the release of the 3-in-1 castle they didn't use the upcoming set either.

I would wager against anyone that we see literally nothing from the upcoming set in this video.