Given that the video is undoubtedly CGI rather than ABS stop motion, then all they've done is reuse old buildings from the past. Hence the breakdown from eldiano spotting all the similarities. Once in the digital world change brick colour is fairly trivial, which might explain some of the recolours, although lighting may account for the rest.

I remember all the commotion about the "rumoured new fantasy theme" that eventually turned out to be Elves. A good theme, but not for those that hate minidolls.

Just remember this 10305 is clearly destined to be the centerpiece of Heartlake City!

This is such exciting news I’m coming out of my current dark age (pun).  $350 is about 3 lego kingdoms joust sets which i think is a good basis for estimating parts and figs here.

1575 pieces x 3 = 4725 pieces

9 figs x 3 = 27 figs

2 animals x 3 = 6 animals

However, I would expect a higher piece count and lower fig count than above.  Either way I’ve boarded the hype train heading straight for August!

On 3/20/2022 at 8:39 AM, INTENSS said:

Not only that headdress, but did anyone else notice the civilian torsos in that same picture that we’ve never seen before as well as a medium nougat cow?  Those are far more interesting than the structures to me.

Hahaha excellent eye my dude!!! I seriously thought it was a wig haha

On 3/20/2022 at 12:44 PM, Maple said:

If I'm ever missing I want @eldiano to come and find me. haha

I gotchuuu

5 minutes ago, BTappel said:

This is such exciting news I’m coming out of my current dark age (pun).  $350 is about 3 lego kingdoms joust sets which i think is a good basis for estimating parts and figs here.

1575 pieces x 3 = 4725 pieces

9 figs x 3 = 27 figs

2 animals x 3 = 6 animals

However, I would expect a higher piece count and lower fig count than above.  Either way I’ve boarded the hype train heading straight for August!

Choooo choooooo!!  

I went to my local Legoland and lego store, browsed around the store and saw price tags of 300$, 5000 pieces, licensed sets, etc, I agree, I’m stocked!  

45 minutes ago, The_Cook said:

Just remember this 10305 is clearly destined to be the centerpiece of Heartlake City!

I doubt this set is going to be “minidoll set.

Well, the speculation train has hit full steam!  I am on board and ready to share...  

I am also willing to wager that this is NOT the castle we will be seeing released in August.  Nice breakdown Eldiano, I also think things in this video are included on purpose.  I just disagree with your conclusion.

It is very obvious that this is a teaser video.  Remember everyone, when this video was being made, TLG did not know that the identity of the 90th anniversary set was going to be leaked already.  So, this was meant to be a teaser/semi-reveal of the upcoming 90th anniversary set.  Not a reveal of the model itself.  They will save that reveal for new hype this summer!

What they included in this video was not just by chance.  We know that now because of the unintended "Lion King's Castle" leak.  Therefore, I think there is a good chance that the inclusion of specific sets might indicate that there will be a nod to those sets in the 90th anniversary set.  Yes, the castle will be grand, bigger and more detailed than any other in the past.  But, I now think it could be more than just a castle. 

-Breaking down the promo video...  The 3 in 1 (31120) and Blacksmith (21325) were included in teaser because they are newest models and still on shelves to help sales.  obvious plug by TLG... 

-6080 was OBVIOUSLY included in video since the anniversary set will be with crusader/lion faction and a nod to 6080.  Remember we were not supposed to know this before this video came out!!!  This was supposed to be a hint to us fans!   The leak earlier in the month has people thinking about this wrong.  This video was meant to hint that the upcoming set is a nod to 6080.

Why then include the other past sets?  It could be random.  But, I think the 90th anniversary set will very well include a civilian building like the MMV (10193), which is even likely to be integrated into the castle.  I also think it may include a farm building like the MVR (7189), and a jousting tournament like (10223).  At about $400 USD it could include all of this easily and still have the best castle ever.  

I also think it will include a trebuchet somewhat like the one they used to launch the Delorean.

Last, but not least as far as coincidences go, take a look at all of the sets that were included with the lion knight line on Brickset.  https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Castle/subtheme-Lion-Knights
There is the King's castle (6080), the guarded inn 6067, armor and blacksmith shop 6040 & 6041, and knights challenge 6060,  So there is a castle... and modular civilian buildings that can be combined with the castle... and also a jousting tournament in both the video and in the original Lion Knight Castle line.  Inclusion of all of them in a grand homage to the old castle line with modularity sure makes sense to me.  

After all, if you take a $100 castle, and $100 MMV, and a $120 joust, and a $70 MVR you come to $390 which is just about the cost of this new set.  At $400 it could have it all and with new techniques be beautiful.  I think it will be.

A final note:  I think the voting for the anniversary set was just to make this look democratic.  I think TLG always intended to release a castle for the 90th anniversary set.  I think they pretty much knew the way the voting would go as well.  People are literally starved for castle and they know it very well.  The "Lion King's Castle" release will also push even more sales of the blacksmith set and the 3 in 1 castle.  I do not find it a coincidence that those sets are on the shelves at the same time as this release!  Especially after years of no castle offerings on the shelves at all.  TLG doesn't do things at random.  They are a multi-billion dollar company that plans things well in advance.  

7 minutes ago, DaleDVM said:

Last, but not least as far as coincidences go, take a look at all of the sets that were included with the lion knight line on Brickset.  https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Castle/subtheme-Lion-Knights
There is the King's castle (6080), the guarded inn 6067, armor and blacksmith shop 6040 & 6041, and knights challenge 6060,  So there is a castle... and modular civilian buildings that can be combined with the castle... and also a jousting tournament in both the video and in the original Lion Knight Castle line.  Inclusion of all of them in a grand homage to the old castle line with modularity sure makes sense to me.  

After all, if you take a $100 castle, and $100 MMV, and a $120 joust, and a $70 MVR you come to $390 which is just about the cost of this new set.  At $400 it could have it all and with new techniques be beautiful.  I think it will be.

Wow you just figured out exactly what the set will be!  Well done sir.  Can’t wait for pictures!

I've said some of this before but here are my current thoughts :

I agree this is teasing at some Crusader/Lion Knight castle, but not just a simple 6080 remake on a massive wall.

The era makes sense, it was the first grey castle (let's be honest, LEGO isn't going to remake Yellow Castle as a big set)

When 6080 released in 1984, this started the official "LEGOLAND" era of Castle sets and introduced the horses, and Crusaders and Falcons each had a Castle set.

2 Black Falcon sets are on shelves right now, 2 of them in this teaser as well.

2016 Knight figure Gift with purchase celebrated the lion knights, as well as a Build-a-minifig had a big printed shield for them.

A Joust is something iconic to Castle, and hasn't been done since 2012, and there were still multiple Jouster and Lance references afterward via Nexo Knights.

City Horse Transport has re-introduced the saddle mould as well after quite a while so I think it was a only a matter of time, as well as a new horse color.

LEGO has not forgotten it's Modularity of castle wall sections (even recent Ninjago dojo/training center uses it) so a big set like this probably has multiple sections that can be re-arranged.

Edited by TeriXeri

The unfettered hype train here and on Instagram is really getting under my skin.

Maybe I've just been at this too long, but I can't think of a single instance in the history of TLG or their marketing that would indicate that there is any chance at all that this is a sneak peak at any set that's actually going to make production. For many reasons, I just don't see it. Not the least of those reasons is that an almost exact copy of several old sets would be hugely disappointing. I already have every set referenced in this video, and I know I'm not alone.

All of that said, I can see that there could be a sliver of a chance that there's some deep reference to the components that an all-new castle might reference. Like Dale said, Joust, civilian building, etc. Still seems unlikely to me though.

Lastly, as I previously mentioned, there was an official TLG video a little over a year ago that was just a cute thing that talked about medieval life (I looked, I can't find it), but I did luckily take a screen shot of it on my phone when I first saw it. A lot of people were convinced that the castle shown in this video was indicating what the Black Falcon Medieval Castle was going to look like. Nope.

EDIT: I Still couldn't find the original video (Ideas Blacksmith teaser) on the Lego YouTube Channel (so many videos!), but I did find where it was re-uploaded by someone else a couple of weeks ago:

NoDrawbridges.jpg

Edited by SirBlake

3 hours ago, BTappel said:

$120 in 2012 is nearly $150 in today's money. So it's only 2.33333333 Joust sets.

I’ll be humble and just say, I’m just happy to get any vintage line modernized in this day and age of Licensed LEGO.

They could very well be like you mentioned DaleDVM and just modular versions of the lion knights sets combined into one and I’ll be happy. 

I will go on a limb and say that the lion knights seen in the teaser are the ones who will be seen in the final set though, no matter how it looks likes, this hype train for this set is WAY better than the “Bionicle” fans who completely do not want to get this set made and are crying foul because “lego” changed the poll a second time. Haha I guess we can’t please everyone, deep down I will say this, I truly wish it would had been a Pirates set but I’m happy with Barracuda Bay for a while.  Just imagine what they will do for 100th anniversary set of the line, maybe they’ll let us purchase the marble colored bricks again. 

Debating the what’s if’s of this upcoming set makes time go completely fast to be honest, then I’ll be gone rebuilding my medieval town for months haha 

Edited by eldiano

I think the most exciting part of this is the potential re-release of new Crusader and Forestmen minifigures.  Hopefully they would be purchaseable like the new Black Falcons, and we can start army building again.  Finding old sets is increasingly costly.

When I first time see the rumours, I was so exited, I would for sure buy this set if it will be thrue :-) Price 350 EUr is relatively high, but because of the price I think we should get big castle with tons of details and piece count around 4000 - 5000. I built in the past my own lions castle tribute to old lego castles, so hope that the official castle set will be the simillar size as mine own creation. If you want to look, you can see it here :

CRUSADERS KEEP | Flickr

51746757650_aafeff0402_w.jpgIMG_20211208_113331 by richchie, on Flickr

Edited by richchie

given how a licensed set like ninjago gardens comes with 22 figs and 5.6k parts my hopes are up this could be an amazing castle set.

i doubt its gonna be the one from the trailer, I would be disappointed. after all its legos 90th anniversary and I am sure they wanna surprise and satisfy castle fans. I also expect some nice new parts. most importantly I hope for a 2nd faction to duke it out with the black falcons, and if we are lucky we might get a small castle wave.

10 hours ago, Maple said:

$120 in 2012 is nearly $150 in today's money. So it's only 2.33333333 Joust sets.

Not only are price comparisons with sets from a decade ago a bit dodgy, also are parts counts and types. LEGO has changed so much in the last decade. It wouldn't surprise me if this set is significantly smaller in volume than $350 worth of LEGO from a decade ago. Unless they really go for a vintage style build and use lots of larger parts in a 1980s style build, I imagine it will be lots of intricate details from small parts compared to 1980s and even 2010s sets. Worst of all for me would be a straight re-release (with minor substitutions as necessary) of three decade old sets (such as Joust, MMV and one other), all to be displayed together as a single set. That would be a real lost opportunity.

32 minutes ago, Poco Lypso said:

given how a licensed set like ninjago gardens comes with 22 figs and 5.6k parts my hopes are up this could be an amazing castle set.

I’m not sure if it’s an translation error but Ninjao garden is not a licensed set. It’s an in-house (non-licensed) set. 

And yes, I do hope this 90th anniveary set wouldan awesome castle with great details!

Just to be clear, I do not think that they will make anything that looks like the old sets at all.  They will include new builds that are just a nod to those older sets. 

I think the 90th anniversary set is likely to include a large castle with civilian structures integrated into the castle and a joust.  Not much of a stretch, as even without the video many would have guessed this.

My list above with prices just goes to show how much everyone can expect out of this set.  Since those 4 iconic sets total cost is still lower than the $400 USD price this castle is likely to arrive at.  

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure if it’s an translation error but Ninjao garden is not a licensed set. It’s an in-house (non-licensed) set. 

And yes, I do hope this 90th anniveary set wouldan awesome castle with great details!

true! however, thats what customer service said ninjago was. you couldnt order the figs iirc

4 minutes ago, Poco Lypso said:

true! however, thats what customer service said ninjago was. you couldnt order the figs iirc

For NCG, you could order some of the figures from B&P. When the LEGO Ninjago Movie was released, due to licenses around the movie, you couldn't order LEGO Ninjago figures from B&P for a time (other than those already on there), but then it reverted back at some point for at least some Ninjago figures. 

I do wonder if LEGO will include any civilian parts to this castle (windmill-esque).

4 hours ago, MAB said:

Not only are price comparisons with sets from a decade ago a bit dodgy, also are parts counts and types. LEGO has changed so much in the last decade. It wouldn't surprise me if this set is significantly smaller in volume than $350 worth of LEGO from a decade ago. Unless they really go for a vintage style build and use lots of larger parts in a 1980s style build, I imagine it will be lots of intricate details from small parts compared to 1980s and even 2010s sets. Worst of all for me would be a straight re-release (with minor substitutions as necessary) of three decade old sets (such as Joust, MMV and one other), all to be displayed together as a single set. That would be a real lost opportunity.

I'm currently building Flower Fruit Mountain. 1900 pieces $170. HUGE box. Rather long set.
I bought Pooh and Sesame Street both on either side of 1300 pieces. Tiny little boxes. 

So like you said it's really difficult to tell which way LEGO will go with the set.

If a wizard or dragon are added to this 90th anniveary set, then it’s not 100% realistic. I’m sayin gotta I hope there woulda few fantasy characters, like fairy microfigure and goblin minifigure.  

I'm slowly getting on the hype train myself but I need to wait and see this set first. Prospects are promising and I might buy it day 1

An olde-school wizard and a dragon would spice up the set just right for me so I hope it happens. I also expect a proper heft for a non-licenced 350$ set 

3 hours ago, Maple said:

I'm currently building Flower Fruit Mountain. 1900 pieces $170. HUGE box. Rather long set.
I bought Pooh and Sesame Street both on either side of 1300 pieces. Tiny little boxes. 

So like you said it's really difficult to tell which way LEGO will go with the set.

I got that set back on Black Friday.  Amazon had a delivery error so I happened to get two copies.

But I do find the price of Flower Fruit Mountain to be too high normal price.  I was also a bit disappointed with the figure selection when I realized 4 of the Monkeys were just different versions of Monkey King.  Otherwise it looks like a fantastic set, and I can't wait to build it.  I just need to find the time and space for it

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

If a wizard or dragon are added to this 90th anniveary set, then it’s not 100% realistic. I’m sayin gotta I hope there woulda few fantasy characters, like fairy microfigure and goblin minifigure.  

I think the CMF series are doing really well supplementing different fantasy characters.  I've got a couple Goblins, Dwarves, and I've been considering picking up some fairy wings on Bricklink or Build-a-Minifigure for a custom fairy for my Forestmen set.

Personally, I'd only want a dragon only if it were a figure.  I wasn't a big fan of the Brickbuilt one from the Creator castle, and I think those pieces could have been put to better use elsewhere.

Edited by Triceron

8 hours ago, MAB said:

Like the awful Assault on Hoth set. That was so bad. 

If Lego does a Castle themed minifigure series, I might buy the 60 figure box. 

Edited by morvit

I quit buying the collectable figs when the bar codes did not reveal the fig. I Am not wasting time feeling bags, or money trying to get the one or two I am interested in per series. I suspect that LEGO did the right thing though. 

5 hours ago, Maple said:

Just look at the size of the box for the blacksmith it will be more around that size I think considering it's probably going to have twice the pieces in it.  

2 hours ago, Triceron said:

I got that set back on Black Friday.  Amazon had a delivery error so I happened to get two copies.

But I do find the price of Flower Fruit Mountain to be too high normal price.  I was also a bit disappointed with the figure selection when I realized 4 of the Monkeys were just different versions of Monkey King.  Otherwise it looks like a fantastic set, and I can't wait to build it.  I just need to find the time and space for it

I think the CMF series are doing really well supplementing different fantasy characters.  I've got a couple Goblins, Dwarves, and I've been considering picking up some fairy wings on Bricklink or Build-a-Minifigure for a custom fairy for my Forestmen set.

Personally, I'd only want a dragon only if it were a figure.  I wasn't a big fan of the Brickbuilt one from the Creator castle, and I think those pieces could have been put to better use elsewhere.

The Monkie kid sets have always been on the high price side and the flower fruit mountain was one of the best deals in that line if not the best.  I actually liked all the figs and it gave a variety to the monkey king figs plus had macaque.  The build is great and is quite large and looks wonderful on display.  

1 hour ago, Follows Closely said:

I quit buying the collectable figs when the bar codes did not reveal the fig. I Am not wasting time feeling bags, or money trying to get the one or two I am interested in per series. I suspect that LEGO did the right thing though. 

That's to bad there are some great figs in the cmf's.  The knights, moon warrior, bard recently are really nice.