Could someone post a picture of the series 13 king with the red hair and gold crown? I wonder if they'd look good together with the opposing king having darker hair. 

1 hour ago, Follows Closely said:

That's nearly a reasonable size in comparison, which just goes to show how huge the blacksmith is. I think the MMV buildings would look good next to the castle.

Spoiler

I can't imagin what a house would look like with your type of collection. I'm frustrated with mine and all of it probably covers the back wall in your photo.

53 minutes ago, natesroom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I can't imagine what a house would look like with your type of collection. I'm frustrated with mine and all of it probably covers the back wall in your photo.

We keep the loose Lego in a 10x14 foot corner in the basement (the area I took the picture, also below). There is also a 10x10 storage behind the double doors that holds sealed and used sets along with unsorted tubs. It is work to keep it contained, but it works. I also sell at the same (mostly) pace I buy, that also help keep it under control.

51704307446_2a6c89887d_c_d.jpg

After 12 hours of on and off building; I have enough of it to hold me over until August.

Spoiler

87fb9jb09rds.jpg

z9dwg0g32blt.jpg

Edited by Follows Closely

56 minutes ago, Black Monarch 88 said:

Anyone else notice the tan plume\feather in the bedroom as a quill? That should bring down the price of that piece quite a bit. 

Looks white to me.  Would make more sense to be white.  If it’s tan, I will be extremely pissed it’s not black, blue or yellow.  But looks white.

58 minutes ago, Black Monarch 88 said:

Anyone else notice the tan plume\feather in the bedroom as a quill? That should bring down the price of that piece quite a bit. 

That looks like a white plume/quill to my eye. It’s in shadow and a similar shade as the thin piece above the windows, which we know is white. 

13 hours ago, jodawill said:

I have mixed feelings about the series 13 king. He looks great for someone who's going to sit on a throne all day, but he doesn't look like he's ready for battle. So I'm toying with the idea of having a Black Falcon king leading the attack on the castle.

Agree. 

My king is now the body of a nobleman, the head of one king and the cape of another.

15 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

color scheme isn't anything classic, but the theme still had some very useful parts/prints.

Will all those waves and sets I do not think it is possible for a "Castle" theme to have any fewer useful parts, I got the queen and that was it :tongue:
If it only had one set like MVR focusing on civilians and animals with some monster attacking, from the little I have seen that happened in the series..

14 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

Well done! The blacksmith is so big is almost looks like the castle is in the background:sceptic:

12 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

That's nearly a reasonable size in comparison, which just goes to show how huge the blacksmith is. I think the MMV buildings would look good next to the castle.

Yes MMV and MVR is a perfect match I think with the castle :sweet:

Is the following part in the castle?:
30274.png
Would be a perfect fit, but last used in 2019 so maybe they did could not use it without tapping into the budget :shrug_oh_well:

Does anyone have any interesting theories about some of the stuff we haven't seen from this new set? I've gone over the images and there's some pathways and areas that I can't quite link up to each other.

14 hours ago, FrightFlight said:

Does anyone have any interesting theories about some of the stuff we haven't seen from this new set? I've gone over the images and there's some pathways and areas that I can't quite link up to each other.

We have so many images and video that I feel this is 95% known. Like what are are you confused about?

15 hours ago, FrightFlight said:

The only major area that my sister @Aanchir hasn't figured out is the path under the gatehouse to the central forest people hideout.

On a completely unrelated note, one minor mod I thought of would be to add a light brick for the oven in the kitchen, which you could probably make room for by modding the landscape on the exterior a little bit. The two interior fireplaces (in the bedroom and dining room) would probably be too small to fit a light brick into, unfortunately. We'll probably see third-party lighting kits for this set eventually, though!

On 6/25/2022 at 10:26 PM, Follows Closely said:

j5hh7iry2prd.jpg

This is looking amazing! How do you feel about the castle so far now that you've build most of it?

I also can't wait for the moc's using the blacksmith or multiple castles.

13 minutes ago, BlockyJames said:

This is looking amazing! How do you feel about the castle so far now that you've build most of it?

I also can't wait for the moc's using the blacksmith or multiple castles.

Welcome to the Historical section of Eurobricks, @BlockyJames.

I was thinking about how the Blacksmith would look against the Castle, and to look proportionate, it'd have to be tiny in my opinion.

It may be best for me to not think too hard about the sizes with these types of set, considering how few we get.

The scale issue is super simple for me to get over. Put the Ideas Blacksmith on a different shelf. Problem solved.

On 6/26/2022 at 1:04 AM, Black Monarch 88 said:

As someone who knows a lot about the price of minifigs but who doesn't buy a lot of individual pieces off of Bricklink, this thread has been fun for discovering what random pieces are ridiculously expensive. Over $40 for that piece! Dang I've got two of them just chilling in my spare piece box.

I don't think the two models look too far out of proportion.  In the photo the blacksmith shop is a little closer to the camera than the tallest parts of the castle as well.  

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

The only major area that my sister @Aanchir hasn't figured out is the path under the gatehouse to the central forest people hideout.

On a completely unrelated note, one minor mod I thought of would be to add a light brick for the oven in the kitchen, which you could probably make room for by modding the landscape on the exterior a little bit. The two interior fireplaces (in the bedroom and dining room) would probably be too small to fit a light brick into, unfortunately. We'll probably see third-party lighting kits for this set eventually, though!

One of you appears to have migrated? :wink:

Well if a MOCing endeavour of this set aims to enlarge the build (not much wiggle room with the angled sections, I admit) it should be possible to incorporate a light brick in a vertical position for the bedroom/dining room.

@Follows Closely Thanks!  Great to see them side by side, I have a much better idea of the size and space it takes up.  I didn't think the Blacksmith would tower over the castle walls, haha.

I think since the size differences are this notable, I will display them separately.

Since people are talking about the quills, does anyone know why they retired the classic Plumes?  I think these are the best looking ones of the bunch, and they seem to still make and release the smaller ones.  I'm not sure why they replaced these ones with the new 'Flame' piece instead of having both.

4502b.png