Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Promobricks have said that we will know what the castle looks like by the end of the week!

Oh man, I hope that's true. It would be fun to spend the summer thinking on those details. Plus, it would help me figure out where/how to display this beauty in advance. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Promobricks have said that we will know what the castle looks like by the end of the week!

Great news! Although I think we'll only get a description of the set rather than any pictures but still, we'll have something to base our expectations on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So exciting!  Also heard Wooden Duck? (Chinese media outlet) says we are getting a second castle set this year!  Something about forest men attacking a castle?!

Edit - rumor from Brick Clicker video on youtube uploaded today.

Edited by BTappel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

Great news! Although I think we'll only get a description of the set rather than any pictures but still, we'll have something to base our expectations on!

Promobricks has had a recent run of solid descriptions of sets recently a few weeks before getting the pictures.  Like you said, this will be nice to get to give us something to salivate over before the pictures come rolling in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BTappel said:

So exciting!  Also heard Wooden Duck? (Chinese media outlet) says we are getting a second castle set this year!  Something about forest men attacking a castle?!

Edit - rumor from Brick Clicker video on youtube uploaded today.

Well that’s interesting. I wonder if he’s on to something with it being a smaller companion set. Big or small, I’m all in on some forestmen. I’m curious how they might update them. 
 

What a great couple of years to be a castle fan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Promobricks have said that we will know what the castle looks like by the end of the week!

OOOOOOO. I can’t wait!

1 hour ago, BTappel said:

So exciting!  Also heard Wooden Duck? (Chinese media outlet) says we are getting a second castle set this year!  Something about forest men attacking a castle?!

Edit - rumor from Brick Clicker video on youtube uploaded today.

Hmmm interesting… i wonder if that second castle set would be a Lion King’s rival’s castle? I dunno…

1 hour ago, BTappel said:

So exciting!  Also heard Wooden Duck? (Chinese media outlet) says we are getting a second castle set this year!  Something about forest men attacking a castle?!

Edit - rumor from Brick Clicker video on youtube uploaded today.

Hmmm interesting… i wonder if that second castle set would be a Lion King’s rival’s castle? I dunno…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Promobricks have said that we will know what the castle looks like by the end of the week!

w7fHzVc.png

Edited by BTappel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BTappel said:

So exciting!  Also heard Wooden Duck? (Chinese media outlet) says we are getting a second castle set this year!  Something about forest men attacking a castle?!

Oh man...one could only hope it's a black knights or a dragon masters castle. However if there is forestman it could be another Black Falcons or The Kings Mountain Fortress?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, azog said:

Oh man...one could only hope it's a black knights or a dragon masters castle. However if there is forestman it could be another Black Falcons or The Kings Mountain Fortress?

Any one of those would be amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love something forest men related. Ideally a hideout. 6066 Camouflaged Outpost was one of my favourite as a kid (and I still have it, along with 6270 Forbidden Island, so Barracuda Bay was a perfect tribute set to that, for me).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People all over the world join hands... Start a hype train, hype train.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I complete forgot about Brick con! Two castles!! I can’t wait

Edited by eldiano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Seeing how forestmen hats are mass produced in green again (4) in the succulent set, and era-appropriate to Falcons and Lion Knights 80s/early 90s, Something Forestmen seems likely.

Black Knights would be nice to see as well as they did appear as early in the 1989 and are together with Falcons in the Sea Serpent set.

Personally I think Wolfpack would fit better alongside a trio of Wolfpack-Dragon Knight-Royal Knight sets, 90s "soft reboot"  instead of the original Crusader-Forestmen-Falcon-Black Knight era.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Big or small, I’m all in on some forestmen. I’m curious how they might update them.

I assume the minifigs in the BTTF video are sneak peeks at what they'll look like.

10300-Landing-202204-BrickToTheFuture.mp4_snapshot_00.57_[2022.03.28_18.29.27].jpg

10300-Landing-202204-BrickToTheFuture.mp4_snapshot_00.36_[2022.03.28_18.25.33].jpg

10300-Landing-202204-BrickToTheFuture.mp4_snapshot_00.36_[2022.03.28_18.25.33]b.jpg

10300-Landing-202204-BrickToTheFuture.mp4_snapshot_00.36_[2022.03.28_18.25.45].jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I'd love something forest men related. Ideally a hideout. 6066 Camouflaged Outpost was one of my favourite as a kid (and I still have it, along with 6270 Forbidden Island, so Barracuda Bay was a perfect tribute set to that, for me).

Oooo that would be neat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

I assume the minifigs in the BTTF video are sneak peeks at what they'll look like.

...

That is a good bet, those look like updated figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Seeing how forestmen hats are mass produced in green again (4) in the succulent set, and era-appropriate to Falcons and Lion Knights 80s/early 90s, Something Forestmen seems l

Yu forgot to mention hat bard from CMF Series 22 has a forestman in blue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

I assume the minifigs in the BTTF video are sneak peeks at what they'll look like.

I personally do not assume that. I’m on record for my opinion that little-to-nothing in that video is indicative of anything we’ll actually see in plastic.
 

Not that I’m against that idea, especially with the featured figs (more peasant/civilian figs would be greatly appreciated), I just don’t trust “blink and you’ll miss it” appearances in an unrelated context. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

I personally do not assume that. I’m on record for my opinion that little-to-nothing in that video is indicative of anything we’ll actually see in plastic.
 

Not that I’m against that idea, especially with the featured figs (more peasant/civilian figs would be greatly appreciated), I just don’t trust “blink and you’ll miss it” appearances in an unrelated context. 

Maybe, but they could have used the old/original figures with those sets in the video instead of those updated figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Designing new torsos just for a video seems like a waste of time to me, but we'll find out in a few weeks either way if promobricks is to be believed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, the Inventor said:

Maybe, but they could have used the old/original figures with those sets in the video instead of those updated figures.

Considering the reuse of existing models and Minifigs, as well as the presence of an (at the time) unseen recolour (the cow), I think that the new print designs are likely to appear in the castle. 
 

22 hours ago, BTappel said:

Also heard Wooden Duck? (Chinese media outlet) says we are getting a second castle set this year!  Something about forest men attacking a castle?!

Edit - rumor from Brick Clicker video on youtube uploaded today.

Are we sure that this is reliable? I cannot really see LEGO releasing two large castles side-by-side, with another still on shelves - I would love for them to, but I do not find it to be likely. 😕
 

21 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Well that’s interesting. I wonder if he’s on to something with it being a smaller companion set. Big or small, I’m all in on some forestmen. I’m curious how they might update them. 

What if this is a GWP that pairs with the castle (like the Vintage Taxi does with the Modular Boutique Hotel)? Something like a small tree/rock/catapult build with 1-2 Forestmen seems fairly plausible. 🤔
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Considering the reuse of existing models and Minifigs, as well as the presence of an (at the time) unseen recolour (the cow), I think that the new print designs are likely to appear in the castle. 
 

Are we sure that this is reliable? I cannot really see LEGO releasing two large castles side-by-side, with another still on shelves - I would love for them to, but I do not find it to be likely. 😕
 

What if this is a GWP that pairs with the castle (like the Vintage Taxi does with the Modular Boutique Hotel)? Something like a small tree/rock/catapult build with 1-2 Forestmen seems fairly plausible. 🤔
 

I don’t know how reliable it is, but I dream.  A forestmen GWP would be awesome as I could build up my castle pieces and forestmen army at the same time!  From the brief description (forestmen attacking a castle), it sounds too big to be a GWP if it is indeed real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, BTappel said:

I don’t know how reliable it is, but I dream.  A forestmen GWP would be awesome as I could build up my castle pieces and forestmen army at the same time!  From the brief description (forestmen attacking a castle), it sounds too big to be a GWP if it is indeed real.

Where did you see the description? If it is a translation of the name, the set could just be called something along the lines of “Forestmen’s Ambush”. 
 

Edit: 
I found the source (2:38 of this video). The only hint about a second Castle set is a picture from an old catalogue that depicts Forestmen attacking a pair of castles - No description or name of the set was given. As such, I think that a small GWP that can be massed and placed around the Anniversary and 3-in-1 castles would fit with the information provided. 
 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.