16 hours ago, Some Guy With LEGO said:

Quick question with the 90th A. castle - given the angles of the walls when closed, any ideas on how to connect it to a baseplate other than floating on top (on baseplate studs or tiles)?

The medieval village if true, has perked my interest in buying this, to create a smaller medival 'city' scene on maybe 12-15 green baseplates, but I'm trying to wrap my head around how I'd make this fit.

Any ideas?

Honestly as an angled build like it is it's not particularly conducive to being fit onto square baseplates. If you're determined to do so a tiled base would be your best option (with half of the castle being able to be secured to studs and the other half "floating" on tiles). Or you could simply modify the castle build to use only 90 degree angles for the base, though that'd take fairly heavy customization all things considered. Having a partially or wholly tiled base would also better allow you to hinge the walls open to arrange figures inside, if that's something you care about.

Edited by Lyichir

thanks - that's sort of what I was thinking - some studs and some tiles - probably green at the outer edges as some of them would pop through. Just thought I'd ask if there was a better idea from those skilled more than I...

On 3/2/2023 at 6:19 AM, Some Guy With LEGO said:

Quick question with the 90th A. castle - given the angles of the walls when closed, any ideas on how to connect it to a baseplate other than floating on top (on baseplate studs or tiles)?

The medieval village if true, has perked my interest in buying this, to create a smaller medival 'city' scene on maybe 12-15 green baseplates, but I'm trying to wrap my head around how I'd make this fit.

Any ideas?

I am somewhat curious about this myself. My approach (if I get around to it) would be to build it out in stud.io - that will allow me to check for connection points on the angled half.

I would probably do as mentioned above - keep one layer of plates/tiles between the baseplate and the underside of the castle full connections on the aligned side, with a mix of mostly tiles, with a few connection points on the other.

A few questions do we display will castle in fully closed position or fully open position (or somewhere in between)? Is it important that the removable section leading to drawbridge is still removeable?

On 3/9/2023 at 1:43 AM, Yoggington said:

I am somewhat curious about this myself. My approach (if I get around to it) would be to build it out in stud.io - that will allow me to check for connection points on the angled half.

Somebody did build and share the 90th castle stud.io file earlier, its somewhere in the previous 116 pages of this topic, some time searching will probably find it (sorry on an ancient ipad so finding and linking all the bits to share is a task i am not up-to right now)

3 hours ago, Ixen Darastrix said:

Somebody did build and share the 90th castle stud.io file earlier, its somewhere in the previous 116 pages of this topic, some time searching will probably find it (sorry on an ancient ipad so finding and linking all the bits to share is a task i am not up-to right now)

^ Message @Aanchir ^

The LegoLeak subreddit is reporting that there will be a Majisto GWP set in the summer, similar in size to the Forest Hideout GWP. I hope they do a more interesting Majisto figure than in the castle, but otherwise, nice to have another build to add to the world. Shame that it's a GWP though, but at least it's decent notice to build up a wishlist, and stock levels are often decent in the summer.

16 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

The LegoLeak subreddit is reporting that there will be a Majisto GWP set in the summer, similar in size to the Forest Hideout GWP. I hope they do a more interesting Majisto figure than in the castle, but otherwise, nice to have another build to add to the world. Shame that it's a GWP though, but at least it's decent notice to build up a wishlist, and stock levels are often decent in the summer.

Will it be based off a vintage lego set or is it a new GWP?  

42 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I have no idea. Just reporting the very small amount of information they have on the LegoLeak subreddit.

I asked u/FluffySky6 on Reddit about this and the new Eldorado Fortress: 

Spoiler

Q: 

"What can you say about the Eldorado Fortress remake and Majisto GWP?" 

"What colours were in the EF remake, and roughly how many (and what kind of) Minifigs were there?" 

"Did the Majisto set have any printed torsos or legs/skirt pieces? Any shields?" 

"Also, did either set have a sticker sheet?" 

A: 

"Minifigs in El Dorado were nearly identical to the original, in count / number of pirates vs imperials" 

"And seemed to be a fairly faithful recreation of the original" 

"Majisto's skirt was printed, but I believe that's all. It also came with a knight of sorts" 

"Both sets could've had sticker sheets but I didn't go out of my way looking for them like I did the SWs sheets" 

Q: 

"Did you see any large printed flag pieces in the EF?" 

A: 

"I don't recall honestly" 

Q: 

"Can you describe the knight in the Majisto set? What kind of helmet were they wearing, what did their torso print look like, did they have a shield, etc?" 

A: 

"I just remember it was a different looking knight than any of the original majisto sets (there were 2 or 3 I think)?" 

"And I don't recall which exact faction" 

Q: 

"So not a Dragon Knight?" 

"Did they have a crest on their torso, or just armour print?" 

A: 

"I'm not sure" 

/ / / / 

Q: 

"Do you remember the Eldorado Fortress colours at all? I am curious as to whether it will still be yellow or a more realistic tan." 

A: 

"I want to say it was fairly faithful, i remember there definitely being some amount of tan that seemed to be used for the beach part of the little island" 

/ / / / 

Q: 

"Also, just to confirm - Bluecoats, right?" 

A: 

"Yep!" 

I am curious about the knight - It could be a new Dragon Masters knight, but I can see LEGO saving on prints and just sticking a Black Falcon in the set instead. 

I created a new thread to discuss the GWP: 

On 4/3/2023 at 3:09 AM, eldiano said:

Probably a combination of both.

Oh, that does look very nice! Could be very appealing as part of a parade or royal procession after a successful battle.

That horse looks beautiful! I hope we can purchase more horses through Bricks and Pieces in the future!! After three months of waiting I finally received my other parts for my Lion knights collection! 

Rbjgq4o.jpg 

I tried to vary factions according to the shields I think? hehe

but definitely interested in that Winter Village horse for at least the king and queen!

On 12/03/2022 at 20:17, cehnot said:

Je les ai trouvés en ligne il y a quelque temps et j'espère que nous verrons quelque chose comme ça sur les futurs modèles de minifig.

custom-forestmen-torsos.png

Hi !

Where can they be found please ?

Thanks

6 hours ago, KraK said:

Hi !

Where can they be found please ?

Thanks

Those are by Harris Bricks. He designed them with shield designs as well but has not gotten these printed. He did a few stickers for himself. His designs are outstanding. If you want printed custom forest and castle minifigures I suggest ktown. They have a great assortment of pad printed designs. 

I picked up a few of the new BAM minifigs today and I do enjoy the unicorn head. The pirate skeleton torso works with the castle theme as well. 

Has anybody tried swapping the brick bricks out for something more akin to the printed dark gray bricks they used to do in the actual classic sets? I think that would be one of the best visual mods for this set.

43 minutes ago, General Magma said:

Has anybody tried swapping the brick bricks out for something more akin to the printed dark gray bricks they used to do in the actual classic sets? I think that would be one of the best visual mods for this set.

I've thought this would be a good idea also but I haven't tried it.  Honestly I'm a bit surprised the designers didn't create it that way since those bricks are already available in the darker color.  It's not like they would have needed to use part of the new part budget to create them.

12 hours ago, karrit said:

I've thought this would be a good idea also but I haven't tried it.  Honestly I'm a bit surprised the designers didn't create it that way since those bricks are already available in the darker color.  It's not like they would have needed to use part of the new part budget to create them.

Since it just took me a few clicks, here you go. I'm glad the designers didn't do it :)

Of course, it would be much better if you only change a few of the bricks. Also, I figured that dark tan is looking better.

10305_dbley_bricks_small.jpeg

10305_dtan_bricks_small.jpeg

On 3/2/2023 at 7:19 AM, Some Guy With LEGO said:

Any ideas?

If the angles used would occur in pythagorean triangles, it would be easy. However, I checked and there is no pythagorean triangle with the angle image.gif.3c561ef42405ee9a198be26bc5d95372.gif:|.

So I believe that you would need more than one layer of plates to make it fit (e.g., using hinges). Therefore, I also recommend to just use tiles.

Edited by Sebbl

On 9/11/2022 at 1:59 AM, cehnot said:

I sent out all the emails and requests for the set. If you did not receive a link or want a link let me know. I will keep checking back. Not sure if its allowed to post the file publicly. 

Any chance I could have it please, I don't have enough posts to PM you.

I want to play at putting it on a base with the norman keep and building curtain walls, I have just finished creating the studio file for the keep.

Thanks
Rob

Norman keep.jpg

Edited by robtogg
Update

On 7/10/2023 at 2:46 PM, robtogg said:

Any chance I could have it please, I don't have enough posts to PM you.

I want to play at putting it on a base with the norman keep and building curtain walls, I have just finished creating the studio file for the keep.

Oh, that's quite nice! I quite like the angled tower ad the varied parapet heights. I feel like it could use some crawling ivy or something to break up the monochrome look, but I suppose maybe that's what you left some of those exposed studs for? I'm also curious what you've done with the interior, since it seems like at this scale it must have quite a bit of space inside.

13 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Oh, that's quite nice! I quite like the angled tower ad the varied parapet heights. I feel like it could use some crawling ivy or something to break up the monochrome look, but I suppose maybe that's what you left some of those exposed studs for? I'm also curious what you've done with the interior, since it seems like at this scale it must have quite a bit of space inside.

Looks like it's this: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-133150/evilMedieval/norman-castle-keep-10305-alternative-build/#details

13 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

It is! Sorry should have been clearer about that.

My plan was to build a wall connecting the current castle to that keep, however, now having the Studio model of both and putting them together in the software, the keep is fat too big to do it without it looking silly. So back to the drawing board. Plan now is to adapt the keep build with some of the amazing moc's out there to come up with a build that meets my needs.

Image1.jpg

On 7/16/2023 at 6:41 PM, Aanchir said:

EvilMedieval the original designer has done a cracking job with the interior, when I quickly built it in Studio I left out a lot of the interior build to save time but in the instructions which can be purchased, there is a full interior. You can also see from my screen grab in my last post that I hadn't yet done the roof either.

Edited by robtogg
Added image

Do you know if anyone who has 10305 and 3x31120 MOC tried to mod them to fit in the same imaginary theme/period?

It sounds like a really fun project and I wish I had the time to do it myself.

Now, it might be a big ask to make 10305 more interesting (for someone of my skill, at least), but it seems like it would be very easy to just incorporate the recognizable elements of 10305 into the design of 3x31120, as if both castles were made by the same architect. Lego used to excel at this back in the day, if you recall.

Just popping off the roofs and the side builds would already go a long way towards making it into a tall keep-like castle.

https://ibb.co/1GH5BX9