47 minutes ago, jodawill said:

I do agree that barding for the raven knight would be amazing. I would pay out the nose for that. Imagine if we could get a new jousting set with FOUR barding designs, each in different colors, and they included the raven knight!

That's a dream of mine... to have a new Joust set released with more focus on the stands, comes with two knights/horses, king & queen, a spectator or two and a king's guard, with smaller supporting sets being released with other factions, a horse and knight, a squire, maybe a herald and a spectator and a tent for the jousting crew and a small extension for the stands. The raven and bear factions would be a great place to start with that.

I'm looking for MOCs made with one or more copies of the 10305, but I really can't find many. Maybe it's too soon, the set was released less than five months ago after all.

58 minutes ago, jodawill said:

This is funny. I know some people hate the forestmen shields because it doesn't make any sense for them to have their own heraldry. Somehow, I love those shields because I grew up seeing them. But barding just seems completely over the top to me.

I do agree that barding for the raven knight would be amazing. I would pay out the nose for that. Imagine if we could get a new jousting set with FOUR barding designs, each in different colors, and they included the raven knight!

Forestmen shields never really irked me, but in retrospect the Wolfpack torsos bug me.  I love the emblem and I love the classic torsos, don't get me wrong.  They're supposed to be bandits, yet they're all wearing would-be tabards with their logos emblazoned on them.  I don't see this working for a modernized Wolf Pack revival.

2 hours ago, Triceron said:

Forestmen shields never really irked me, but in retrospect the Wolfpack torsos bug me.  I love the emblem and I love the classic torsos, don't get me wrong.  They're supposed to be bandits, yet they're all wearing would-be tabards with their logos emblazoned on them.  I don't see this working for a modernized Wolf Pack revival.

Perhaps not, but if the CMF rogue is any indication, they can really do a stellar job of making a modernized version.

5 hours ago, Khargeust said:

I'm looking for MOCs made with one or more copies of the 10305, but I really can't find many. Maybe it's too soon, the set was released less than five months ago after all.

After tearing down one set I spent a few hours evaluating the pieces, and came to the conclusion that I could not build anything that I would be proud of. With 2 or 3 I could see that working.

I managed to have two copies for the moment, still in the box because I haven't taken the time or the space yet to take care of it with appropriate attention. I don't know how long the castle will be available. Some spoke about a window of one year, others five years... In any case I will make sure to get myself a third copy in order to create a huge personal version.

Since I got back to LEGO a few years ago, I bought a lot of sets from various ranges but I ended up reselling everything to buy only the sets from the classic themes (currently in my possession: 21322, 21325, 40567 x5, 10497, 10305 x2), wjat I adore the most. I also keep all my childhood sets bought between 1999 and 2006 (mainly Star Wars).

How do you proceed with your MOCs? In the case of a castle, do you make drawings on paper before looking for the appropriate pieces?

Edited by Khargeust

I would love for a flat round shield with planks printed on it.  Perhaps both with and without a small metal studded rim printed around the outer edge.  These would be fantastic shields to give to all of the rogue type factions...

6 hours ago, DaleDVM said:

I would love for a flat round shield with planks printed on it.  Perhaps both with and without a small metal studded rim printed around the outer edge.  These would be fantastic shields to give to all of the rogue type factions...

I think the Hun Warrior CMF is the closest we’ve gotten to that one. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=91884pb005#T=P&C=77

Just saw that LEGO posted some cute images on social media of the Lion Knights' Castle all decorated for Christmas!

Even aside from the more whimsical holiday-themed elements like the reindeer cart, elves, and fairy lights, I am really impressed with how great the model looks covered with snow! Especially since a substantial percent of that just involves selectively recoloring parts to white and adding some additional white parts representing icicles and snowdrifts. I figured other folks here might appreciate this as inspiration for ways to personalize or customize your own copy of the castle!

Edited by Aanchir

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

Just saw that LEGO posted some cute images on social media of the Lion Knights' Castle all decorated for Christmas!

Even aside from the more whimsical holiday-themed elements like the reindeer cart, elves, and fairy lights, I am really impressed with how great the model looks covered with snow! Especially since a substantial percent of that just involves selectively recoloring parts to white and adding some additional white parts representing icicles and snowdrifts. I figured other folks here might appreciate this as inspiration for ways to personalize or customize your own copy of the castle!

Well that's cute as hell. Thanks for posting this!

4 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

A nice combination of 2x sets on Reddit. If this anyone here?

Not me, but I like it. 

Is this the only way to get Crusader minifigs or do you think they will release more sets with them? The question is if I should buy another 90Year anniversary Crusader castle because of the minifigs?

3 hours ago, Captain_SoyBeard said:

Is this the only way to get Crusader minifigs or do you think they will release more sets with them? The question is if I should buy another 90Year anniversary Crusader castle because of the minifigs?

I'm waiting for them to hit PAB. It took a while for BF to have steady stock, but once they did getting torsos that way is easy and much cheaper than the set.

6 hours ago, MAB said:

I'm waiting for them to hit PAB. It took a while for BF to have steady stock, but once they did getting torsos that way is easy and much cheaper than the set.

Same here, but that was before TLG revamped PAB and made it much, much worse. 

Even though I hadn't planned on getting this set for a while, I ended up sitting on 2 of em.  Not sure if I'm gonna open the second one quite yet, and the first one is only partially built (got it second hand with half still bagged).  Been doing a lot of moving so I have no room for this castle at all, but seeing some of these 2X/Expanded mocs makes me want to consider keeping and building both together.

19 hours ago, MAB said:

If we can be sure about them entering PAB then I will wait as well.

4 hours ago, Captain_SoyBeard said:

If we can be sure about them entering PAB then I will wait as well.

We cannot be 100% sure. But they are not licensed and most unlicensed prints end up on there. If / when they do demand will be high and it wouldn't surprise me if they go out of stock frequently.