I sent out all the emails and requests for the set. If you did not receive a link or want a link let me know. I will keep checking back. Not sure if its allowed to post the file publicly. 

On 9/6/2022 at 1:43 PM, qbrick said:

They are definitely very modern, although for me I still prefer the classic originals from 1984, something about the simplicity of them.  The modern reissues are more colorful though.  The reissue Lion Knight shields are also quite good too.  Definitely worth it as standalone minifigs.

I also prefer the simplicity of the vintage figures. For my Black Falcons, I use the modern torso but replace the arms with black, then use plain black legs and a black helmet. I find that gives them the simplicity of the old but with the updated torsos. It also means you can pose the legs without the print looking stupid as it is no longer continuous with the torso.

On 9/9/2022 at 10:15 AM, cehnot said:

PM for 10305 Castle Studio Download file.

I built the LEGO 10305 Lion's Knight Castle in Studio if anybody needs the file. I ignored the mini figure builds and focused on the castle, merchant stands and cow cart. If you need this file to modify the castle let me know. 

Hi, I'm new here, been reading the forum for months but never posted anything so can't send out private messages. Would you mind sending me the file/link at the address in my profile?
Thanks in advance

I would be interested in someone's instructions on what they did to widen the front of the castle and raise it. Mainly the green base what was done to extend and look natural, and what that ended up doing to the overall dimension.

Edited by natesroom

I finally built my physical copy of 10305 and must say it was quite an experience...

I started collecting and building LEGO castle sets as a kid in the 80s.
Now this was nothing like the castles of my past as there was no use of thin or raised baseplates, nor was there anything like the classic castle wall element or its more updated version.
Instead, everything is brick-built, which I can only describe as densely packed and absolutely refreshing.
This allowed for some really great details and some ingenious techniques to be incorporated into the build that wouldn't have been possible otherwise.
The designers even built the lower/cave portions without the use of BURP (big ugly rock pieces), like part 6082 or part 6083, which are still included in sets sold today.
And any large pieces - like the 1x6x5 wall element, 2x2x16 brick, or 6x8 ramp - are used only once each.

The castle itself is a delight with so many features and creative angles that I would never have expected from an official castle set.
There is a lot to unpack and I was never bored while building.
If there was ever a repeated event, there was also some detail in the same step or between similar steps that would break any possible monotony.

Lastly, nostalgia really hit me hard several times while building.
But this was most palpable when I pulled the red, white, and blue shield out of the bag similar to those included in my first LEGO Castle set: 6077: Knight's Procession.
It felt like I had stepped back in time and was actually holding a piece from my childhood.

I highly recommend this set to anyone even close to interested in the LEGO Castle line.

It surprised me that no one has yet XL'd this thing with real bricks. It makes me think that there are not as many Castle fans as we may hope. Just look at the modular line for a clear contrast; multiple XL versions pop up in a month tops. My 10305 is still sealed sitting in my storage area as I lack the desire to break it open. I think it may be that I don't want to be let down...

11 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

It surprised me that no one has yet XL'd this thing with real bricks. It makes me think that there are not as many Castle fans as we may hope. Just look at the modular line for a clear contrast; multiple XL versions pop up in a month tops. My 10305 is still sealed sitting in my storage area as I lack the desire to break it open. I think it may be that I don't want to be let down...

Maybe, but it's a lot easier to do that with a modular. By their very design, you can add stuff onto it pretty simply (you can of course do it in complex and interesting ways). This is a somewhat complex setup with all the angles involved, so not as simple as just mashing two together. And, as you say, it requires a decent amount of space, so may need some planning to get the setup done. And and it would be an $800 minimum spend to be able to do it, which is a lot! It's 'only' $300-$400 to do the same thing with a modular.

Also, it's easier to XL something that starts out smaller, just from a design perspective. After all, there are plenty of XL versions of the Creator 3-in-1 castle that push into the $300-$400 territory.

19 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

I found some videos that "double" the castle in mirror effect, which I don't find interesting at all.

Much more interesting, I'm curious to see what an XL version looks like. 

Can't wait to see what some can create with multiple copies or just extra parts. I give myself one to two years to acquire 3 copies and build my personalized version.

46 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

It surprised me that no one has yet XL'd this thing with real bricks. It makes me think that there are not as many Castle fans as we may hope. 

I’m curious, you’ve used the large Ninjago City set as an example of a bigger set that’s very well done. Have you seen more XLing of that set?

7 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

A lot are waiting for double VIP to get multiples 

18 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I’m curious, you’ve used the large Ninjago City set as an example of a bigger set that’s very well done. Have you seen more XLing of that set?

I would argue that the castle is easier to add onto than Ninjago City, but I also admit that it is more difficult than a modular building. Maybe I spoke too soon...

Spoiler

306443933_10228019274164072_623050668955

306602389_10228019274604083_614151565406

Posted on the Facebook group: LEGO Castle / Brick Knights Alliance

Edited by Follows Closely

13 hours ago, woodford86 said:

A lot are waiting for double VIP to get multiples 

Or to get one.

1 hour ago, Follows Closely said:

I would argue that the castle is easier to add onto than Ninjago City, but I also admit that it is more difficult than a modular building. Maybe I spoke too soon...

Hide contents

I think the roof looks good. That is a nice expansion. 

2 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

Hide contents

I think that’s a nice way to expand it. 

For myself, I’m interested in the exercise of expanding it, but it’s already so big, I don’t have anywhere big enough to put such a thing. 

6 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

Hide contents

That looks lovely! I'm not bothered by the roof color at all — Earth Blue is a totally reasonable color for slate shingles, and it contrasts nicely with the other wall and roofing materials in the set without clashing.

I also love how well you matched the motifs of the rest of the set — from the curvy edges of the outside grass, to the elaborate window and door designs, to the uneven textures of the walls — while still adding plenty of your own personal creative touches of your own, like the corner windows near the top, the winged ornamentation over the door, and the steep slopes near the base.

I'm curious, does the tower have an interior? If so, I'd love to see what you put there, and for that matter how it opens up! I myself was thinking that an additional tower would be a good place for stuff like a throne room and a workshop for Majisto — though my own design efforts have been somewhat hampered by the difficulty of fitting stairs inside without running out of space for other rooms! It definitely helps me understand why even the set designers' thoughts about possibly including a dedicated "stair tower" had to be abandoned for cost reasons.

46 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

I like where this ones going, if he can add walls to connect the outer wings to the keep it’ll be exactly what I’m planning for my own XL

https://m.facebook.com/groups/297357171187002/permalink/1135454844043893/

oh wow, didn't anticipate anybody making a whole concentric castle type layout with this, but that one's off to a pretty excellent start!