Does anybody have the Studio file for this set? I started to build it and began to expand it, but saved over the file. I was wondering if anybody has the set finished in the program to use for expansions. 

1 hour ago, unclejeffie said:

Anyone tried to recreate 10305 using vintage style bricks? like the old grey castle walls

Somebody succeeded way earlier in this thread.

19 hours ago, cehnot said:

Does anybody have the Studio file for this set? I started to build it and began to expand it, but saved over the file. I was wondering if anybody has the set finished in the program to use for expansions. 

Any chance you have version history you can recover from?

If you find one I’d appreciate if you share! Been trying to find the .io file for a while now.

On 8/30/2022 at 12:50 PM, GeoBrick said:

To me, a splendid set has both a "Wow, must have it" AND a "Mmm, but I'd like to change a bit to this... and this... and this here as well".
Both the Blacksmith and the Lion's Knight Castle tick those boxes for me.

Ah, but doesn't that imply you have the time and the money to change things? Because that makes those sets a much bigger luxury than they even are now.

12 hours ago, Merlo said:

Ah, but doesn't that imply you have the time and the money to change things? Because that makes those sets a much bigger luxury than they even are now.

I've been back from my Dark Ages for 6-7 years now. That (meaning the sets I bought since then) combined with the membership of a LUG and the occasional PAB buy gives me more then sufficient bricks to do a little MOCing.
And timewise? It took me on average the better part of a week with a couple hours a day to finish 10305. How much time does one need to add some modifications? And should I even count the time used on a hobby?

14 hours ago, Merlo said:

This is a strange question.

Anyone got a go at CMF 23 female knight? I’m going to need a few gold visors, hehehe I’m stocking up on horses now that brick and pieces brought back the reddish brown horse i missed back then but i’m hoping to see the load out ratio of that figure which is the only one that I legit want!!!! 

2 hours ago, eldiano said:

Anyone got a go at CMF 23 female knight? . . . i’m hoping to see the load out ratio of that figure which is the only one that I legit want!!!! 

There are three per box, according to the Brickset review: 
As normal for modern series of Collectable Minifigures, each box contains 36 minifigures and these are distributed evenly, with three complete series.” 

17 hours ago, SirBlake said:

This is a strange question.

Why? For anyone who doesn't go through the hassle, sets such as those described are just imperfect sets that will bug you when you look at them :)

1 hour ago, Merlo said:

Why? For anyone who doesn't go through the hassle, sets such as those described are just imperfect sets that will bug you when you look at them :)

I guess I just don’t see it that way. 

15 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

There are three per box, according to the Brickset review: 
As normal for modern series of Collectable Minifigures, each box contains 36 minifigures and these are distributed evenly, with three complete series.” 

Managed to snag Two today, did not know it had teenage legs, nice extra parts though!  I’m loving the gold visor and swords, i love that dragon helmet, it would be a nice statue I think! 

EQM3bsf.jpg

I took down my castle but my pick A brick orders are coming in faster than expected, now im motivated to see what can build out of it!    I was going through 7947 and i noticed PAB is flooded with old school parts in stock especially stock and now my imagination is running wild with ideas, im stuck with kingdoms and this set expansions now

Edited by eldiano

5 hours ago, eldiano said:

Managed to snag Two today, did not know it had teenage legs, nice extra parts though!  I’m loving the gold visor and swords, i love that dragon helmet, it would be a nice statue I think! 

They could have at least made the dragon the kid and the knight the adult.  Those legs are of no value to me.  I hate the kid and teen legs.  Have to replace in 10305 and now this too, after already overpaying to make sure I got 8 knights mainly for the torso and armor.  Hoping shield and helmet parts will be PAB.  Maybe even armor.  Not sure what is and isn’t available.  But pretty sure they never sell the torso unless it appears elsewhere.

6 hours ago, eldiano said:

I took down my castle but my pick A brick orders are coming in faster than expected, now im motivated to see what can build out of it!    I was going through 7947 and i noticed PAB is flooded with old school parts in stock especially stock and now my imagination is running wild with ideas, im stuck with kingdoms and this set expansions now

What parts?

33 minutes ago, Black Feather said:

They could have at least made the dragon the kid and the knight the adult.  Those legs are of no value to me.  I hate the kid and teen legs.  Have to replace in 10305 and now this too, after already overpaying to make sure I got 8 knights mainly for the torso and armor.  Hoping shield and helmet parts will be PAB.  Maybe even armor.  Not sure what is and isn’t available.  But pretty sure they never sell the torso unless it appears elsewhere.

That’s how I feel at the moment, I wanted to use the knight but I’ll use it for parts, I’m thinking of arming the current female lion knights with golden armor since it fits their current castle, but there’s only Black Falcon parts sold at PAB, LEGO has been adding 2022 bricks from earlier this year so maybe, just maybe they will add the ones from this set by October, November fingers crossed, Black Falcon parts do were in stock as of last week so always keep a look a out but I have managed to get armor and weapons for my knights and ladies. 

New Elementary has an update on the PaB situation:

https://www.newelementary.com/2022/09/what-are-new-lego-parts-for-september.html

Update on changes to Pick a Brick / Bricks and Pieces

A couple of weeks ago, the LEGO Group confirmed that the number of staff picking orders has been expanded to clear the backlog and, gradually, new elements introduced between January to May 2022 will start being added! 

They said this may take "a few weeks" to complete and after that, "novelty" items (meaning they were introduced in the last year) should be added on a monthly basis, roughly 4 months after their first appearance in sets. Standard parts might appear faster. Some special elements (e.g. related to an IP, special functional elements and difficult-to-produce elements) might never launch at all, or perhaps after a year. We can't obtain specifics on which elements fall into which categories – we'll all just have to see what turns up! 

So shields and torsos hopefully early next year.

3 minutes ago, natesroom said:

What parts?

Oh for me having two extra swords is extra parts, well really the entire figure is extra parts, i plan to get more when i head on to legoland downtown since they don’t have a 12 CMF per person policy at the LEGO Store so we will see.  I love the fact that you can build up the house of the pink crown faction, and so far this is the only way to get the gold visor and the pink shield.  

I’ve basically accepted that I’ll just bricklink the gold visor if I want it. The torso/shield/plume just do nothing for me at all.

18 hours ago, Shroffy123 said:

Has anyone figured out the Black Knights and amber reference yet?

I assumed it was a reference to the collectable minifigure black knight with the crazy eyes.

6 hours ago, thewatchman said:

I assumed it was a reference to the collectable minifigure black knight with the crazy eyes.

That's a neat idea, though that minifig's name (at least in English) was "Evil Knight" rather than Black Knight. I also just checked the bio from LEGO.com (which you can read here) and it didn't mention any ties to the Black Knights or Black Falcons. He was just treated as a "henchman for hire" who'd worked for a number of LEGO Castle antagonists, attributing his glowing red eyes to a summer job as one of Vladek's enchanted Shadow Knights.

Figuring out if this is a reference to something specific is particularly difficult since it's not clear if it refers to the Black Knights faction or the Black Falcons faction, whose leader was named "The Black Knight" in various countries. And in that case the source could be from anywhere from the mid-80s to mid-90s.

It could perhaps be a reference to the Zarconian Jewel from the Captain Indigo comics (such as this one), which was used by a wizard who the Black Knight served, and sometimes illustrated in an amber color despite being described as color-changing in the text.

But for that matter, it may just be a "story starter" hinting at a story that's never been told, rather than a reference to any pre-existing LEGO sets or media!

Maybe they mean the Black Monarch, who might've turned into a Ghost ? 

At least in the US version of the set names and catalog

https://images.brickset.com/library/view/?f=catalogues/c90usm2

6085: Black Monarch's Castle released 1988, in 1990 there's 6034: Black Monarch's Ghost

The catalog also says the same "Black Monarch's Ghost" is the ghost in the  6081: King's Mountain Fortress as well.

Edited by TeriXeri