13 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

True, but it does leave the possibility of a smaller set, like the Forestmen hideout, or a seige weapon with accompanying knights, or a medieval house. All of which would lend themselves very nicely to a 3in1.

But, as you said, don't get your hopes up. It's only possible, not necessarily probable.

Please give something like an updated Guarded Inn. Easy to rebuild into other buildings, good curtain wall that can be used in a number of ways, a couple of civilians and a couple of knights. I haven't yet come across a real one in all my hauls, but I've made one that's close enough and the coloring fits with some of my other vintage stuff. It's such an excellent set that they already re-released it, so I say give it the update treatment again like the Hideout got! If it came with one falcon and one lion knight and two civilians, that would be just about perfect in my opinion.

Edited by dimc

1 hour ago, dimc said:

Please give something like an updated Guarded Inn. Easy to rebuild into other buildings, good curtain wall that can be used in a number of ways, a couple of civilians and a couple of knights. I haven't yet come across a real one in all my hauls, but I've made one that's close enough and the coloring fits with some of my other vintage stuff. It's such an excellent set that they already re-released it, so I say give it the update treatment again like the Hideout got! If it came with one falcon and one lion knight and two civilians, that would be just about perfect in my opinion.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

It has been weeks since i visited here and I saw some posts saying there may be more castle sets next year? Really? Whre did this come from?

32 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It has been weeks since i visited here and I saw some posts saying there may be more castle sets next year? Really? Whre did this come from?

Foolish optimism. That is all.

1 minute ago, Follows Closely said:

Foolish optimism. That is all.

Well… ok. It is easy to make me think it’s “true” when I saw some “news” here…. 

39 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Well… ok. It is easy to make me think it’s “true” when I saw some “news” here…. 

All I've seen is speculation and wishful thinking. Not criticizing that. This is the place for speculation and wishful thinking. But those things don't equal "news."

I posted this on its own thread, but I created an updated Guarded Inn.  I made the instructions for my updated version free on rebrickable and built it using very common parts to try to keep the cost down.

I consider the original one of the best sets of all time and I tried to capture a small bit of its magic.

1000x800.jpg?1659631606.8702128

Nice video from Beyond the Brick MOCing the Ideas Treehouse into a Forestmen set to rival the Lion Knight's Castle.

Edited by RichardGoring

31 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Nice video from Beyond the Brick MOCing the Ideas Treehouse into a Forestmen set to rival the Lion Knight's Castle.

I really want to know where to get the scroll shirt that Mark was wearing. I think the build looks good but definitely don’t think of it as a true “set transformation.” I’d have liked to see what could be done with the actual bricks from the Treehouse set. 

1 minute ago, mvLego said:

I really want to know where to get the scroll shirt that Mark was wearing. I think the build looks good but definitely don’t think of it as a true “set transformation.” I’d have liked to see what could be done with the actual bricks from the Treehouse set. 

Agreed. I was in for the click bait title, but enjoyed the end result nevertheless. I have five of these sets (I'd love to build one for each season eventually, and one was a panicked mistake to my parents in the UK when I thought it was suddenly retiring and gone in the US)

Agree, it was a good build on its own but i really didnt see that much of the "treehouse" being used.

Edited by natesroom

On the topic of Forestmen, I really needed an updated castle for them.
Since the castle in the forset turned out to ne such a disaster and could not get one I used
2 of the hideout sets with extra parts to create my own.  My idea was to keep the 2 hideout sets
as close as possible to their original form.
Here is my take on "Tower in the forest" :

gAgR5Xu.png

8aSgKPA.png

1TeXson.png

xPp62hr.png

10 hours ago, iragm said:

I posted this on its own thread, but I created an updated Guarded Inn.  I made the instructions for my updated version free on rebrickable and built it using very common parts to try to keep the cost down.

I consider the original one of the best sets of all time and I tried to capture a small bit of its magic.

1000x800.jpg?1659631606.8702128

Is that an original flag from Guarded Inn though? Overall, looks fantastic! The detailing is great, the little window shutters, the half timbers, the ladder to get to the top. That scythe too!

13 hours ago, Warbinator said:

All I've seen is speculation and wishful thinking. Not criticizing that. This is the place for speculation and wishful thinking. But those things don't equal "news."

Well,I’mnot moderator. So I’mnot sure if it is nesscary to post speculations or wishlist here. You know, there is another thread like Future Castle theme thread.  The Lion Knights’ Castle is already released and now this thread is filled with speculations and wishlist/

Edited by DBlegonerd7

5 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

A few add-on are starting to show up on Instagram. This one is my favorite!

https://www.instagram.com/thebittenbrick/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D&fbclid=IwAR1oRNpV-xOmMTSDZ5nGm-Wk35eLSVvPMP0wpgxPCyKmH3rGtqwTa9k4WXE

Hide contents

301611440_10160374338036111_178460533235

I like that a lot, except his flags are all over the place lol

Need double VIP so I can get another set or two to expand with! I think they usually have one in October I think?

Edit: Or maybe someone has an assembled 10305 Stud.io file they'd share? I know they're out there...

Edited by woodford86

5 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

https://www.instagram.com/thebittenbrick/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D&fbclid=IwAR1oRNpV-xOmMTSDZ5nGm-Wk35eLSVvPMP0wpgxPCyKmH3rGtqwTa9k4WXE

Hide contents

Not a big fan of how they've mixed roofing styles.

9 hours ago, odinbricks said:

On the topic of Forestmen, I really needed an updated castle for them.
Since the castle in the forset turned out to ne such a disaster and could not get one I used
2 of the hideout sets with extra parts to create my own.  My idea was to keep the 2 hideout sets
as close as possible to their original form.
Here is my take on "Tower in the forest"

This is really cool.

Edited by Sir Dano

1 hour ago, Sir Dano said:

Thats it! I was wondering why it didn't quite sit right, and i thought it was the roofs also.

2 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

Yup, that was the first think that crossed my mind when I saw it.
Wonder if only have one big tower with red roof, what would that look like.
Similar to 7946 . This might fit in with the color scheme in 10305 .

On 8/26/2022 at 2:39 PM, Follows Closely said:

Reveal hidden contents

This variant (among a myriad others) would've been enough for me to instabuy this castle.

And I don't mean the size (smaller sets can be great too)

Or the style (early medieval with some fantasy flair to it would've been great too)

Or the design (Lego designers are very skilled)

It's just that... well... this is not plain and Lego castle is :(

On 8/26/2022 at 8:32 PM, Sir Dano said:

Still less bothersome than the original's flags in two different styles and three different colors and sizes.

4 hours ago, Merlo said:

This variant (among a myriad others) would've been enough for me to instabuy this castle.

And I don't mean the size (smaller sets can be great too)

Or the style (early medieval with some fantasy flair to it would've been great too)

Or the design (Lego designers are very skilled)

It's just that... well... this is not plain and Lego castle is :(

It is still essentially 70 % of the original design. The only new things are two square towers and a simple tree. Funnily enough there is a reason this person didn't actually build the towers in real life and only showcases these digital renders. If someone actually did try to build it, the ugly plain black roofs alone would cost over 70 $, because the black corner slopes (Black Slope 75 2 x 2 x 3 Double Convex), the MOC designer chose so wisely for the roofs, cost a lot on Bricklink. Additionaly you would most likely have to use multiple sellers to get them in the quantity needed for this build and this would add further shipping costs. Or having to pay international shipping to get the amount from the few sellers, that offer larger quantities. So I hope some are at least intelligent enough to look up the part costs before they buy these instructions. Imagine being ready to pay 70 $ for two tiny roofs (consisting of roughly 100 black pieces) and then complaining about 399 $ for over 4000 pieces...

Edited by Metanoios

I was surprised to see that piece having just bit the billet and got one for my Black Falcons 6074 set. 

Just out of curiosity: Set 375 (the yellow castle) had four factions with a coat-of-arms each. Three of them had a revival in set 10305. The only one which has no appearance in the dining hall of set 10305 is the Maltese Cross. Does anybody have an idea why?