10 minutes ago, richchie said:

Yes,  there are 2 baseplates 32x32 under those original sets from 80th and 90th.  The 3x creator castle Moc is on base 40x64, 32 was too tiny in my opinion 

How many falcons you reckon you have?

Aslo can you explain the baseplate thing you have goin on? I understand your post to mean you put x2 32x32 together to make 32x64, then you put what to fatten them up? 1xwhatever bricks then used supports every 2 studs with 2x4s? I need to read up on how to build these. I see them all the time over the years i just never paid much attention to it. How much stronger does it make the whole build? Easier to move them around or do you still need solid support under them? I see holes for pins, are they so you can join all your castles together or just for whenever you might want to add other displays to it?

11 hours ago, Rjbricks said:

And I get that logic. I note that some of the Star Wars packs are 4 figures and some bricks and a premium is charged. And whilst I don’t like it, I could accept it.

But that’s unlikely to happen with Castle. And whilst army builders appear to have deeper pockets than most, Lego aren’t going to sell 25 x 10305 sets to someone who just wants 200 figures. 

Speaking of which, I just bought more right now because they are stock and even with the black helmets and i do mean get them now because it’s rare seen leg, torsos, helmets, swords and shields in stock at the same time!

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If you know they will do this every year, why do you buy every set on day one :hmpf:

To be fair i only have bought like 4 lego sets this year though haha.  It used to be like 25 last year and double the year before.  

Hey so I just literally saw LEGO being sneaky with choosing which bricks are bestsellers or not, earlier on my phone i had 114 bricks in my cart and when i used my ipad just now to see if the bricks were available to stack orders i realized that the same amount of 114 bricks was 45 dollars instead of the 32.24 I was getting quoted on the iphone, I legit did a side by side comparison and discrepancies like Cross bow was a best seller on my iphone but not on my ipad, as a matter of fact the only pieces that were best sellers were those angled bow pieces that i bought for extra out of the 25 my cart was showing me…  I snapshot both devices just to compare but I swear good thing I did a double take. 

Edited by eldiano

7 hours ago, iragm said:

Despite the fact that the redesigned PAB doesn't have the selection of the old one, I am actually a big fan of the site.  You can easily give people links to buy stuff.  Here's a link for the black falcon parts:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=6335666%2C+6335192%2C+6335631&page=1&includeOutOfStock=true

And here's a link to all the minifigures in 10305:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=&page=1&includeOutOfStock=true&filters.i0.key=variants.attributes.appearsIn&filters.i0.ranges.i0.from="10305%3A"&filters.i0.ranges.i0.to="10305%3A9999"&filters.i1.key=variants.attributes.categoryId&filters.i1.values.i0=7

Now, it gets really good if you have some tech savvy: the system just uses GraphQL for queries, so you can interact with the site programmatically with simple POST requests.  I have a script set up that pings PAB every few minutes looking for stuff I want to come back in stock, and then it sends me an email alert when they're available.

Despite everyone complaining about how falcons will never be available, they are available on PAB now in the US.  I expect they will sell out in a day or less, they don't usually last long.  The PAB system is far from perfect, but really the main issues boil down to:

1. Stuff I want isn't in stock -- I can't blame Lego for prioritizing putting sets on shelves, and I imagine stuff will be back in stock eventually
  2. The site isn't quite a feature rich as it should be (stuff like out of stock notifications, or importing a BL wanted list), but because the API is available, you can make that happen if you put a bit of effort in.

One last thing I'll leave here is this Chrome extension that helps you source parts from PAB or Bricklink, whichever is cheaper: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/brickhunter/plhoblcmafoglbnhekjmegkknhifedne

Nice!

I just had to replace en-us with sv-se to get the swedish / european version.

1 hour ago, natesroom said:

Aslo can you explain the baseplate thing you have goin on? I understand your post to mean you put x2 32x32 together to make 32x64, then you put what to fatten them up? 1xwhatever bricks then used supports every 2 studs with 2x4s? I need to read up on how to build these. I see them all the time over the years i just never paid much attention to it. How much stronger does it make the whole build? Easier to move them around or do you still need solid support under them? I see holes for pins, are they so you can join all your castles together or just for whenever you might want to add other displays to it?

I háve 51 falcons (20 new)  and 53 crusaders /lion knights - 13 new.. I buy 3 more on BL Last week)

I have also old baseplates 8x16 so i put one 32x32 and next to it 2 baseplates 8x16 toake 32x40. This i did 2 Times so together baseplate for  creator castle moc is 40x64.  I always púť some cheapest briks 2x2 and on the top plate.  For one plate i put briks to each corner and in the middle (this is for plate 6x4, if the plate is bigger i put more briks under the plate in the middle).  Holes in corners are  prepared for pissibility of adding more MOCs together.  My raised baseplates that i made the way i wrote just now have good stability,  you can better transport Moc if you add this baseplates... 

Edited by richchie

1 hour ago, natesroom said:

I've made a load of MILS plates that add a lot of stability to modulars - you can pick them up very easily. I also did this for the SitComplex MOC on Rebrickable which is about 6500 pieces in my version. Rather than the 32x32 standard, I have connectors on the sides assuming 8x8 modules, so it gives more flexibility to connect things in future, and make 16x32 and 32x48 very easily.

51854407886_1024101da5_k.jpg

2x2 bricks scattered in the centre and corners. I also use 1x4 and 1x8 bricks, along with 1x2 Technic bricks around the edges, so that the edges are all black and solid. And then plates on top (black on the edges so that it's all black on any visible side).

Edited by RichardGoring

Lots of youtube videos how to do it (I recommend this one), I highly recommend - as mentioned they make baseplates basically rock solid, and if you want to set up a full display Lego City style they help you get nice snug connections between segments.

Edited by woodford86

1 hour ago, LegoAUT said:

What does MILS stand for?

Modular Integrated Landscape System. It's a set of fan-made standards for 32x32 bases connected by Technic pins to allow for a unified layout. It's particularly popular for collaborative displays, since everybody can work from the same "template", and also for train layouts and other displays with wired electrical components, since it allows room below "ground level" for threading wires. But it also provides a very versatile starting point for creating varied terrain (hills, rivers, etc).

Edited by Aanchir

So there are many leaked set description for winter 2022 and early 2023 sets… little bit dissapointed that no “historic theme” besides Ninjago. We need a castle at least. How many years we are waiting? At least ONE PROPER CASTLE with some classic faction, like Lion Knights or whatever😂 Lego? Hm? 

9 hours ago, LegoAUT said:

Thanks everyone, this is really helpful! 

If you want to learn more, here is a playlist with a bunch of videos about MILS.

12 minutes ago, Blazej_Holen said:

So there are many leaked set description for winter 2022 and early 2023 sets… little bit dissapointed that no “historic theme” besides Ninjago. We need a castle at least. How many years we are waiting? At least ONE PROPER CASTLE with some classic faction, like Lion Knights or whatever😂 Lego? Hm? 

For what it's worth... generally ongoing themes have a greater tendency to leak. "New" themes (which a new castle/historic theme would qualify as) might only be identified in early materials by a non-descriptive codename (for example, the Hidden Side theme had the codename "Banana" before its reveal), and would likely lack any sort of detailed names/descriptions for sets that would catch most leakers' attention.

It's still remarkably early to assume we know the full breadth of what next year's sets will contain. So I'd hold off on disappointment.

In the spirit of cautious optimism that keeps me from rage quitting the hobby, I don't think we should expect any castle at all in the next calendar year. The three retail-available castle sets from the last couple of years are not yet retired, and I expect that TLG will hang back and let those sets do their work. Anything in the next calendar year that qualifies as castle will just be a bonus, but I'm not expecting anything.

31 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

In the spirit of cautious optimism that keeps me from rage quitting the hobby, I don't think we should expect any castle at all in the next calendar year. The three retail-available castle sets from the last couple of years are not yet retired, and I expect that TLG will hang back and let those sets do their work. Anything in the next calendar year that qualifies as castle will just be a bonus, but I'm not expecting anything.

It was partialy joke / sarcasm but It would be really nice to have more factions poping up. Like Wolfpack or OR REDESIGN OF BLACK KNIGHTS CASTLE (wet dream I know)… those Lions need some oponent since they allied with Black Falcons as the legend say…

34 minutes ago, Rjbricks said:

Equally, it might another 8 years before we get another one too…

Another? Where is the first one? (Just kidding) 

Edited by Blazej_Holen

1 hour ago, SirBlake said:

I'm holding out hope that the Lion Knights show up in a smaller set, similar to how the Black Falcons were used in two sets in the span of roughly 3 months.

We don't have any names for any of the Creator sets launching next year, and that's where they've said classic themes will live from now on. Could still happen.

2 hours ago, durazno33 said:

If you want to learn more, here is a playlist with a bunch of videos about MILS.

Thanks, I will certainly check it out! :)

28 minutes ago, mvLego said:

I'm holding out hope that the Lion Knights show up in a smaller set, similar to how the Black Falcons were used in two sets in the span of roughly 3 months.

I get that, but I've been hopeful before, and it hurts when those hopes are dashed. As the saying goes, "hope for the best, expect the worst".

10 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

We don't have any names for any of the Creator sets launching next year, and that's where they've said classic themes will live from now on. Could still happen.

That is a good point. I wonder when 31120 is going to be retired? While it would be great, I expect they're not going to be throwing any more castle at us via Creator until that one is no longer on shelves.

The things to watch now are CMF 24 (January 2023) and then the Viking village I guess, and as always see what Ideas does but I doubt we'll get much castle love there given the Blacksmith is still on shelves.

56 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

That is a good point. I wonder when 31120 is going to be retired? While it would be great, I expect they're not going to be throwing any more castle at us via Creator until that one is no longer on shelves.

True, but it does leave the possibility of a smaller set, like the Forestmen hideout, or a seige weapon with accompanying knights, or a medieval house. All of which would lend themselves very nicely to a 3in1.

But, as you said, don't get your hopes up. It's only possible, not necessarily probable.

1 minute ago, RichardGoring said:

True, but it does leave the possibility of a smaller set, like the Forestmen hideout, or a seige weapon with accompanying knights, or a medieval house. All of which would lend themselves very nicely to a 3in1.

Oh yeah, I'm open to that sort of thing, that'd be great. But if I head into 2023 expecting something like that (or the battle pack I would love to see) and it doesn't happen, it'll just lead to disappointment.