5 hours ago, eldiano said:

That it was, It’s sad to know that they know this and want us to charge more for minifigure army building 

By making us buy £350 sets? Can’t see that working long term. No one who wants 200 new Lion Knights is going to spend nearly £10,000 on sets. 

I see the logic in waiting a few months for that exclusivity to fade but after that? We know how quickly the Black Falcons sold, I can’t see the new Lions selling any less quickly. 

1 hour ago, Rjbricks said:

By making us buy £350 sets? Can’t see that working long term. No one who wants 200 new Lion Knights is going to spend nearly £10,000 on sets. 

I see the logic in waiting a few months for that exclusivity to fade but after that? We know how quickly the Black Falcons sold, I can’t see the new Lions selling any less quickly. 

It baffles me because I agree they sold black falcons by the dozens, hell I personally have like 30 and now i have no one to fight them with and all of a sudden they became allies with the Lion knights over night? Haha

But seriously though they know the falcons as Minifigures sold well but it makes financial sense for them to find another way to sell us more figures at a jacked up price per figure of course which seems it was the case for this castle in the first place.  I wish we got a chess set with those prints but i doubt it.  

What I mean is that for example Jazzwares released this month a new homage toy line up to old Galoob Star Wars Action fleet called Star Wars Micro Galaxy Squadron, same concept, they sell you figures and vehicles, but one thing that irked is the way they are making us do army building with stormtroopers.  A vehicle called the stormtrooper carrier seen in the mandalorian only comes with TWO stormtroopers at a whopping price of 22.96.  So if you want more you need to drop more money on another set a developer of the toy line also confirmed on reddit that they don’t plan to do figure battle packs as they did with the old school action fleet in the past making the only way to build an army of stormtroopers is to buy those carriers in the first place.

lego is going Towards this route,  they would rather sell you one figure at double the price on a higher price set than let you buy like 10 for 20 bucks I guess, it makes no sense but I hope you guys make me eat my words in the next four months because it’s been rumored that LEGO will add the 2022 bricks from February until June around October and then later on this year of course the later releases so FINGERS CROSSED 

And I get that logic. I note that some of the Star Wars packs are 4 figures and some bricks and a premium is charged. And whilst I don’t like it, I could accept it.

But that’s unlikely to happen with Castle. And whilst army builders appear to have deeper pockets than most, Lego aren’t going to sell 25 x 10305 sets to someone who just wants 200 figures. 

7 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

That's great. What do you search to find Black Falcons on PAB? I can't seem to find any :sad:

Legs - 6335666

Torso - 6335192

Shield - 6335631

But as mentioned they are out of stock so you need to have "Show out of stock" on. You can also search by set - e.g. enter 21325 which shows all brick from the Blacksmith set, which you can then view or filter.

Despite the fact that the redesigned PAB doesn't have the selection of the old one, I am actually a big fan of the site.  You can easily give people links to buy stuff.  Here's a link for the black falcon parts:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=6335666%2C+6335192%2C+6335631&page=1&includeOutOfStock=true

And here's a link to all the minifigures in 10305:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=&page=1&includeOutOfStock=true&filters.i0.key=variants.attributes.appearsIn&filters.i0.ranges.i0.from="10305%3A"&filters.i0.ranges.i0.to="10305%3A9999"&filters.i1.key=variants.attributes.categoryId&filters.i1.values.i0=7

Now, it gets really good if you have some tech savvy: the system just uses GraphQL for queries, so you can interact with the site programmatically with simple POST requests.  I have a script set up that pings PAB every few minutes looking for stuff I want to come back in stock, and then it sends me an email alert when they're available.

Despite everyone complaining about how falcons will never be available, they are available on PAB now in the US.  I expect they will sell out in a day or less, they don't usually last long.  The PAB system is far from perfect, but really the main issues boil down to:

1. Stuff I want isn't in stock -- I can't blame Lego for prioritizing putting sets on shelves, and I imagine stuff will be back in stock eventually
  2. The site isn't quite a feature rich as it should be (stuff like out of stock notifications, or importing a BL wanted list), but because the API is available, you can make that happen if you put a bit of effort in.

One last thing I'll leave here is this Chrome extension that helps you source parts from PAB or Bricklink, whichever is cheaper: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/brickhunter/plhoblcmafoglbnhekjmegkknhifedne

4 hours ago, Rjbricks said:

And I get that logic. I note that some of the Star Wars packs are 4 figures and some bricks and a premium is charged. And whilst I don’t like it, I could accept it.

But that’s unlikely to happen with Castle. And whilst army builders appear to have deeper pockets than most, Lego aren’t going to sell 25 x 10305 sets to someone who just wants 200 figures. 

It was cheap to be honest, people like myself caught on that it was completely cheaper to build mini figure army’s better than buying them used at local lego stores I guess.  When you buy a complete Minifigure on brick link they want like 15 usd on average just for one but directly from BnP’s at the time i could get 5 torsos, 5 legs, 5 heads, 5 helmets pieces for 15usd.  

It’s not that we have deeper pockets but indeed it was cheaper, I’m not greedy though i just want like 10-20 figures max, i managed to add more additional pirates and knights, weapons, you name it, it was easy.  I did end up buying extra sea life animals and horses that I probably would never need.  

To be honest it’s cheaper to directly buy from lego and they know it.  One time a local third party lego retailer quoted me $475 for used bricks I need for an MOC and almost jumped on it but then I checked out bricklink for the same ones and they wanted $250 but what sealed the deal for me was shop.lego.com in the end, I paid $161.00 plus 20 dollars in shipping for the same amount of bricks they wanted 475 at a local store.  Who’s ever is in charge of lego is actually doing turning me away from the hobby, i legit hate the fact that for example I buy every single Harry Potter set when released and they have the balls to release Harry Potter exclusive GWP two months later and now i missed out on the stairs and the gryffindor common room and we can all agree that they could had easily sold the Forestmen hideout than hide it behind a 150$ GWP.

I know I’m rambling but now that I think about I’m questioning now why that’s happening with the forestmen also, i got lucky my sister in NY bought some sets and got one for free and because she loves me soooo much she sent it to me for free hahaha.  

Edited by eldiano

1 hour ago, iragm said:

Despite the fact that the redesigned PAB doesn't have the selection of the old one, I am actually a big fan of the site.  You can easily give people links to buy stuff.  Here's a link for the black falcon parts:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=6335666%2C+6335192%2C+6335631&page=1&includeOutOfStock=true

Is it just me, or are the falcon parts in stock?

I read your whole post and yes, they are still in stock!

Edited by Follows Closely
15 more falcons!

1 hour ago, Follows Closely said:

Is it just me, or are the falcon parts in stock?

I read your whole post and yes, they are still in stock!

Also still in stock in Europe! Just ordered 15 falcons myself. First time ever being lucky enough to get them! 

1 hour ago, eldiano said:

Who’s ever is in charge of lego is actually doing turning me away from the hobby, i legit hate the fact that for example I buy every single Harry Potter set when released and they have the balls to release Harry Potter exclusive GWP two months later and now i missed out on the stairs and the gryffindor common room

If you know they will do this every year, why do you buy every set on day one :hmpf:

I just ordered tons of goodies. Besides the Black Falcon minifigures, they have several other good parts available from the set, including the breastplate, black conical helmets, short swords, tournament helmets, great helms, and more. I ordered pretty much everything of interest in large quantities because who knows whether I'll have another opportunity to buy them again. I regretted buying only a dozen of the Black Falcons last time around. I only ordered 30 this time, but honestly, that's probably all I'll ever need for personal use.

Glad to see PAB has regained its usefulness for now. Hopefully that continues and we'll get access to 10305 parts sooner rather than later.

4 hours ago, iragm said:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=&page=1&includeOutOfStock=true&filters.i0.key=variants.attributes.appearsIn&filters.i0.ranges.i0.from="10305%3A"&filters.i0.ranges.i0.to="10305%3A9999"&filters.i1.key=variants.attributes.categoryId&filters.i1.values.i0=7

Now, it gets really good if you have some tech savvy: the system just uses GraphQL for queries, so you can interact with the site programmatically with simple POST requests.  I have a script set up that pings PAB every few minutes looking for stuff I want to come back in stock, and then it sends me an email alert when they're available.

Despite everyone complaining about how falcons will never be available, they are available on PAB now in the US.  I expect they will sell out in a day or less, they don't usually last long.  The PAB system is far from perfect, but really the main issues boil down to:

1. Stuff I want isn't in stock -- I can't blame Lego for prioritizing putting sets on shelves, and I imagine stuff will be back in stock eventually
  2. The site isn't quite a feature rich as it should be (stuff like out of stock notifications, or importing a BL wanted list), but because the API is available, you can make that happen if you put a bit of effort in.

One last thing I'll leave here is this Chrome extension that helps you source parts from PAB or Bricklink, whichever is cheaper: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/brickhunter/plhoblcmafoglbnhekjmegkknhifedne

My only beef with the PAB site is that their colors aren't really all that obvious. Like I never really know if I'm looking at black, DBG or pearl dark gray for example.

Are those numbers underneath supposed to indicate color?

22 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

My only beef with the PAB site is that their colors aren't really all that obvious. Like I never really know if I'm looking at black, DBG or pearl dark gray for example.

Just click on the picture of the element. A larger picture will pop up, with details like color group and exact color on the right of it. Some elements can even be rotated in this popup window.

5 hours ago, iragm said:

This is brilliant, thanks! Also, they must have just done a big restock, because the Black Falcon stuff wasn't in stock yesterday. The shields are already gone. But I've now placed an order for 15 torsos and legs. Plus 133 heads of various designs (many of which were also out of stock yesterday).

2 hours ago, woodford86 said:

My beef is that they don't keep all the colors under a single entry of the same part. It'd be so so so much better if I could click on a helmet and see what colors they have in stock than it is to browse forever trying to find them all. Lego is very very mediocre at all things IT and it's frankly a little embarrassing. They need to hire some good UI/UX people and let them do their jobs.

14 minutes ago, dimc said:

My beef is that they don't keep all the colors under a single entry of the same part. It'd be so so so much better if I could click on a helmet and see what colors they have in stock than it is to browse forever trying to find them all.

You can do that. Click on an item and click on same brick:

UhXSRRg.png

23 minutes ago, dimc said:

My beef is that they don't keep all the colors under a single entry of the same part. It'd be so so so much better if I could click on a helmet and see what colors they have in stock than it is to browse forever trying to find them all. Lego is very very mediocre at all things IT and it's frankly a little embarrassing. They need to hire some good UI/UX people and let them do their jobs.

I am pretty sure you can actually do what you are describing with the new system pretty easily (click on a part and in the following pop up for the part, just click on the "Same brick" link and you will see listings of all colours and prices for this specific part/brick). I guess it is just so much easier to criticize a service than actually trying it out. Or rather Lego did hire some good UI/UX people, but they forgot to account for the DAUs out there that are hindered by the logs in their eyes. "Where's the beef?" :wink:

Edit: Ninja'd by Sir Dano who also posted a picture showcasing the aforementioned link

Edited by Metanoios

2 hours ago, woodford86 said:

I just find it amazing that the service exists at all. There was a time when I never would have imagined Lego would ever allow people to buy individual parts, much less highly sought after minifigures. The UI is adequate. It could be better, sure, but I never have any issues finding what I'm looking for if you understand how it works.

The numbers are the element ID and the part ID. The element ID is specific to that color and printing. The part ID can be used to find all parts that share the same mold. When I'm looking for a part, I go to a set that has it and use the category filters to narrow it down. If I want the same part in another color, I copy the part ID into the search and it displays all of them.

I'm very excited to see more of these parts show up in the future. I was really excited to see those breastplates are available. I only had one when I was a kid. I just ordered 50 of them. I really hope the visors are available in the near future, and of course, the Lion Knights. I'm sure they'll show up at some point. And I really hope they stock enough so that everyone has an opportunity to buy as many as they want. I don't like the idea of Lego parts being rare. I think every part should be available at a fair price to everyone who wants them.

I am very happy to see PAB is „back“ although I am doubting it will stay that way from now on. But it seems They have added plenty of basic items again as well (like various yellow heads etc.) 

1 minute ago, jodawill said:

I don't like the idea of Lego parts being rare. I think every part should be available at a fair price to everyone who wants them.

I agree, this only beneftis resellers. 

11 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

You can do that. Click on an item and click on same brick:

UhXSRRg.png

Ooh I didn't notice that somehow. I still wish they'd consolidate by part, since it's so cluttered up otherwise. They also need more sort options.

Edit: you know what it was? I wasn't clicking on the brick to expand, I was just clicking the Pick button. It's not clear that clicking on it will bring up more options.

Edited by dimc

27 minutes ago, Rjbricks said:

Ha, look how tiny 6080 is!

Really like what you’ve done with the base plates to extend the scene. Are they 2 x 32 plates?

Yes,  there are 2 baseplates 32x32 under those original sets from 80th and 90th.  The 3x creator castle Moc is on base 40x64, 32 was too tiny in my opinion