3 hours ago, SirBlake said:

Has anyone that ordered online received theirs yet? I have a tracking number that says it’ll arrive today, but the current status says it’s in Illinois, so FedEx hasn’t picked it up yet. I’m sure the estimated delivery date is going to change tomorrow and/or when the status changes. I’m beyond tired of waiting for this thing. 

Mine only shipped yesterday, even though I ordered right when it went up.

Naturally Fedex still says "label created", but I think that has something to do with how TLG sends their stuff across the border.

1 hour ago, Sir Dano said:

Mine only shipped yesterday, even though I ordered right when it went up.

Naturally Fedex still says "label created", but I think that has something to do with how TLG sends their stuff across the border.

So what I’m hearing is that the FedEx tracking is less than useless. Got it. 

Nope, mines been labeled “Label Created” since Thursday. The Viking shop ordered on the first has the same label, since Tuesday.

Thats been my experience with Lego all year though. Seems it takes a week for Fedex to actually pick up the orders so I’ve just accepted it. If its not here by Friday I’ll be miffed.

1 hour ago, SirBlake said:

So what I’m hearing is that the FedEx tracking is less than useless. Got it. 

Typically, all FedEx parcels to me arrive a day later than claimed. It's rare that they come on-time.

In some instances they get very delayed, but not often.

In a few cases recently, from LEGO, I had a delivery notification, saying it had been delivered. But to an address in another state! I left it a day, just in case, and then, miraculously, it turned up at my house the following day (or two).

However, I generally find that the packages are in good condition for me. It's just the timing that is inaccurate. I'm also generally not put out by it, I just find it odd that it's consistently wrong.

54 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I'm also generally not put out by it, I just find it odd that it's consistently wrong.

Same here, but in this case, I’ve been waiting my whole life for this set. Being told Saturday, only to then be told Tuesday is… not appreciated. 

I like the product, but LEGO shipping is the worst of any online company I buy from.  FedEx sucks too but not talking about that.  They don’t always use FedEx.  They are just extremely slow to ship anything and they make errors.  Especially with parts orders.  They have always fixed their mistakes to my satisfaction.  Sometimes even sent free parts.  I still prefer to buy from them because I am patient, it’s for sure new, always free shipping (over $35) and I know they will fix their errors.  But they are still very slow and jacked up.  Don’t buy online if you are going on a long vacation within a month.  

Interesting points of views, I ordered mine with express shipping and got it the day after release. Sent with DHL from Belgium to Sweden.

2 hours ago, Black Feather said:

I like the product, but LEGO shipping is the worst of any online company I buy from.  FedEx sucks too but not talking about that.  They don’t always use FedEx.  They are just extremely slow to ship anything and they make errors.  Especially with parts orders.  They have always fixed their mistakes to my satisfaction.  Sometimes even sent free parts.  I still prefer to buy from them because I am patient, it’s for sure new, always free shipping (over $35) and I know they will fix their errors.  But they are still very slow and jacked up.  Don’t buy online if you are going on a long vacation within a month.  

Lego and FedEx has got to the worst combination of all time that I refuse to buy online as well 

Every time they send me a package I will always get my lego set delivered to the wrong house, never fails, when PAB uses USPS I have a 95% that it will arrive, can’t say the same about FedEx or UPS for that manner.

don’t get me wrong Lego will fix it but it’s tedious because of the investigation and hoping that they didn’t ran out of the replacements

PS never buy UPS two hour delivery’s upgrade, they will always do whatever they want and arrive late and you can’t get a refund.

Edited by eldiano

27 minutes ago, eldiano said:

Every time they send me a package I will always get my lego set delivered to the wrong house, never fails, when PAB uses USPS I have a 95% that it will arrive, can’t say the same about FedEx or UPS for that manner.

Sadly 1 out of 10 orders is lost. With me it's DHL. Lost a Barracuda Bay.

10 hours ago, Hive said:

Nope, mine haven't even been sent yet. Really frustrating to me that LEGO can't even handle shipping in stock goods in a timely fashion. I can live with bricks & pieces usually taking 6 weeks to ship, as that's a special fan service they aren't really making a lot of money on - but selling sets is their core business. They should employ more workers for packaging.

mine is in TN so...hopefully in a few days.

Went to my local lego store and got the castle on Wednesday with the VIP early access.  Built it over the weekend and I loved it.  My youngest son helped a little.  I really liked a lot of the techniques and all the details are great.  The interior is really nice and that bridge/balcony transition is wonderful.  Will add some of my own lion knights to the castle.  Will try to upload some pics on flickr and here when I can.  It was really fun to build a castle like this and makes me hopeful there will be more castle sets to come in the future.  

Does anyone have an idea if this will be exclusive, or go on general release? I've not seen anything either way. I know it will be a while before general release, if it does at all.

My castle arrived on Saturday (but I was out of town until today). The box is in pristine condition due to how they packed it! I just finished reading the information at the beginning of the instructions and am already in love.

Now that this set it out I look forward to the day some one (with a vast parts collection I don't have) does a colour swap and makes it a Black Knights castle. 

• Black walls
  • Light bluish grey arches, arrow slits, window trims and crenellations (or black)
  • Black Knight flags and shields
  • Yellow plaster walls
  • Mix of dark red and red roof tiles
  • Wolfpack outlaw in the dungeon
  • Glow in the dark ghost in the hidden cave

On 8/6/2022 at 7:33 PM, Hive said:

Nope, mine haven't even been sent yet. Really frustrating to me that LEGO can't even handle shipping in stock goods in a timely fashion. I can live with bricks & pieces usually taking 6 weeks to ship, as that's a special fan service they aren't really making a lot of money on - but selling sets is their core business. They should employ more workers for packaging.

I got a message from Lego.com about my shipment being prepared, but the message made it sound like it was being shipped from North America. I'm in Sweden so that feels a bit weird.

38 minutes ago, Jiesdeo said:

I got a message from Lego.com about my shipment being prepared, but the message made it sound like it was being shipped from North America. I'm in Sweden so that feels a bit weird.

More like the mounted messenger with the order has successfully started it's journey to Inner Mongolia. From Billund. Unfortunately because of the Russian-Ukrainian war, he is taking the Silk Road route through Afghanistan. :pir-cry_sad:

5 hours ago, Jiesdeo said:

Same here, a bit weird it had LEGO Canada / US / Mexico adresses at the bottom, while it's an European order.

Edit Status just got updated, so it was probably just the weekend + a small delay, not sets coming from across the ocean.

Edited by TeriXeri

9 hours ago, rebelpilot said:

Now that this set it out I look forward to the day some one (with a vast parts collection I don't have) does a colour swap and makes it a Black Knights castle. 

• Black walls
  • Light bluish grey arches, arrow slits, window trims and crenellations (or black)
  • Black Knight flags and shields
  • Yellow plaster walls
  • Mix of dark red and red roof tile
  • Wolfpack outlaw in the dungeon
  • Glow in the dark ghost in the hidden cave

that's actually a good idea.. Would try this but with my vintage black wall bricks selections

So, I was looking at the instructions again, and noticed that either the graphic designer was having a bit of fun or there's perhaps a hint of things to come:

YPPjrzu.png6s61gXz.pngSIzRINp.pngQnr3c8t.png

They are extremely slow in the Netherlands, ordered the castle the 3rd, still prepping the order in warehouse :(

20 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

So, I was looking at the instructions again, and noticed that either the graphic designer was having a bit of fun or there's perhaps a hint of things to come:

Can you elaborate please ?

Just now, Khargeust said:

Can you elaborate please ?

Perhaps a new Art piece where you can build the classic shields?

44 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

Great catch! Perhaps we'll see future sets featuring these factions.

For those wondering, these are updated designs of the shields used by the Black Knights, Wolfpack, Fright Knights and Fantasy Era. The instruction booklet highlights the design updates made to the Lion Knight's shield, but it looks like the designs for other shields were also updated.