1 hour ago, Warbinator said:

I also picked the dual molded dark grey and black legs. That's what I had seen pictured before and what seemed to pair the best.

these look really good Dark Red Hips/Black Legs. They blend really well with the new torso.

Lego Castle Black Minifig Legs w/ Dark Red Hips NEW – Gems In the Attic

2 hours ago, eldiano said:

I wanted those torsos to be honest!!  I was more happy to get another complete pirate but almost no accessories, the knights helmet was one thing that threw me off but i do have enough laying around as it is so I’m not totally worried but I’m kind of sad there was no beard for the wizard, with that said though, what are there legs that go with the white falcons by any chance?  I couldn’t find any but what did you guys end up choosing?

From the pictures I saw posted it looks like the Gray & Black dual molded legs are what was meant to go with the Falcon Torso.  I grabbed a few of the peg leg pirate legs for some of mine for variety as well as the Gray & Black dual molded ones for the rest.  I wish they had made something a little more special like the Black Falcon ones.  I also got a bunch of the owl to go with many of the figures, a couple of the blue & yellow parrot, a few shields & a few other accessories I know are rarer or pricier from PAB/BAP.

1 hour ago, woodford86 said:

So like...once everyone has their castles built what are we gonna talk about?

We’re going to talk about mods we do to the set, MOCs in that style, MOCs that expand the set, completely different MOCs that use the parts and minifigs, new Lion army building, ideas for new sets that could (hopefully) build on the classic castle revival and probably a lot more I can’t think of at the moment. 

2 hours ago, woodford86 said:

So like...once everyone has their castles built what are we gonna talk about?

We somehow made it through nearly a decade without a single Castle set. I'm sure we'll find something to talk about!

Waiting paid off for me, as I managed to get both the Castle, the Forest Hideout GWP and the Pirate pack add-on. :cry_happy:

9 minutes ago, Hive said:

Waiting paid off for me, as I managed to get both the Castle, the Forest Hideout GWP and the Pirate pack add-on. :cry_happy:

I am super happy I did not wait, as the GWP seems to be sold out in the Austrian onlineshop by now. The pirate pack is pretty cool if you get it for free, but not worth it spending 50€ On Lego just to get that, so I‘ll pass.. 

20 hours ago, Alcarin said:

Was sooo looking forward to something like this and now thats out ithe castle makes no sense...

1. Does the carriage even goes through the gate? Can it even turn around on the ramp up towards the gate WHAT THE HELL...

2. On the inside when people come in there is no way to go down no ramp down?

3. The wheel for blacksmith makes the castle open to attacker Why make it so dumb?

4. Lion Knights castle without a king but obviously it has to have feminist Queen? =) Epic... Queens has no work as knights really...

Overall dissapointed...

Nice to see it though.

The castle is part facade part dollhouse. 

5 hours ago, Hive said:

In addition, my store gave a choice out of 4 polybags. IIRC, 2 city, and easter, and one Super Mario bag. I choose he skating citybag.
And I could take my castle home still in the shipper box. :dsweet:

9 hours ago, Warbinator said:

I also picked the dual molded dark grey and black legs. That's what I had seen pictured before and what seemed to pair the best.

Same. The grey matches the torso and the boots look good. The light grey helmet doesn't bother me, it gives me more variety in my scenes. I don't have any specific armies per se, so I don't need 20 knights all looking exactly alike.

5 hours ago, Hive said:

I'm holding off on the castle (blasphemy! but my wallet!) but I might get the orchid since that qualifies for the pirate pack and it might be my favorite botanical so far. To be honest, as I was building a few pirate sets the other day, I realized I need to do a P&B and get 40x of the black 1x1 cylinders for cannonballs. Or pray for a good day at the wall...

8 hours ago, SirBlake said:

We’re going to talk about mods we do to the set, MOCs in that style, MOCs that expand the set, completely different MOCs that use the parts and minifigs, new Lion army building, ideas for new sets that could (hopefully) build on the classic castle revival and probably a lot more I can’t think of at the moment. 

That's what I'm here for. Really looking forward to seeing all the alternatives and expansions.

1 hour ago, dimc said:

I'm holding off on the castle (blasphemy! but my wallet!) but I might get the orchid since that qualifies for the pirate pack and it might be my favorite botanical so far.

Snap! I got the same thing this morning.

30 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Snap! I got the same thing this morning.

We have the bouquet out permanently, and the roses, plus the succulents are coming soon (a gift). My partner has a bad habit of killing all of their orchids, so this seemed like a really good opportunity.

I might pick up the noodle shop and a speed champion to see if I can get another pack. I thought the SC singles were going to $25, but they are still $20 for me. Only the Mercedes and Aston packs have gone up, $5 each.

16 minutes ago, dimc said:

We have the bouquet out permanently, and the roses, plus the succulents are coming soon (a gift). My partner has a bad habit of killing all of their orchids, so this seemed like a really good opportunity.

I might pick up the noodle shop and a speed champion to see if I can get another pack. I thought the SC singles were going to $25, but they are still $20 for me. Only the Mercedes and Aston packs have gone up, $5 each.

Nice. We've just moved house and there are a few places with no/poor light where these will be perfect. We have the bouquet and birds of paradise, but not built yet. Looking forward to them.

Also means that I can have some nice sets around the house and keep the likes of the modulars and the castle in my home office.

4 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Nice. We've just moved house and there are a few places with no/poor light where these will be perfect. We have the bouquet and birds of paradise, but not built yet. Looking forward to them.

Also means that I can have some nice sets around the house and keep the likes of the modulars and the castle in my home office.

We currently have the bouquet on the table, the Fiat, Typewriter, Pop-up Book, and Ship in a Bottle on a piece of furniture in the dining room, and a couple of personal Architecture sets around. Other than that, it's all on our personal shelves in various less-public rooms.

I will have to wait for a bigger house in order to have a proper Lego room. I have a number of modulars waiting, as well as a lot of vintage town stuff that will be going around them. Plus I want a place where I can have all my sorting drawers and such in a fairly accessible place. So a basement Lego room it will be!

Ordered the castle last night to be delivered to my house!  Tried to order two… My wife has a separate lego account, card, billing address and shipping address, but because she had shipped other sets to our house before, they cancelled her order saying she could only get one castle.  Surprised lego was able to link the two, so kudos to them and trying to make sure everyone who wants the castle gets one.

However, since few would enjoy the castle as much as me, and we have had a castle dry spell for ten years, I feel justified ordering as many as I can afford.  She is making another account right now so hopefully we can sneak by legos defenses.

How long do they impose these limits? I'm ok with the initial limit so everyone can get one, but I hope they don't impose that limit forever. I'd like to get about four of these castles eventually so I can build my own castles. I could ask family members to order them for me, but I'd also like to claim those VIP points.

12 minutes ago, jodawill said:

How long do they impose these limits? I'm ok with the initial limit so everyone can get one, but I hope they don't impose that limit forever. I'd like to get about four of these castles eventually so I can build my own castles. I could ask family members to order them for me, but I'd also like to claim those VIP points.

Quite a while I think. I bought my limit of 3/1 castles in Jan(?) this year and when I tried to buy more in June for the forest GWP they cancelled my orders. In store doesn't care about limits though.

I showed up to the store and got three creator castles and no one said there were limits.

Edited by natesroom

Cool. I guess I'll just have to wait then until they're able to keep them in stock in the store. I imagine they crack down harder on online sales because it's more difficult to determine if someone is buying them to resell, which we know Lego hates. Personally, my thought is, if people are willing to hand you the cash, take it, then make more. Make enough sets so that you don't sell out, even when scalpers are taken into account. They're just printing money over there.

I for one am all in favor of limits like this. Keep them in place for 3 months or something. Scalpers are such a pain in the megablocks and do not help any fans of Lego in any way. I'm glad they fixed the BL designer program after that awful first round, and given how supply chain issues have been going, keeping it in place for online is especially worth it.

2 minutes ago, dimc said:

I for one am all in favor of limits like this. Keep them in place for 3 months or something. Scalpers are such a pain in the megablocks and do not help any fans of Lego in any way. I'm glad they fixed the BL designer program after that awful first round, and given how supply chain issues have been going, keeping it in place for online is especially worth it.

If they produced enough of them to keep up with the demand, the scalpers wouldn't be able to make a profit. Problem solved.

41 minutes ago, natesroom said:

I showed up to the store and got three creator castles and no one said there were limits.

That’s because 3 is the usually limit per set

I thought the Lion Queen was the only female figure but it’s almost all of them 🫣, great thing I have all these extra mini heads from blacksmith and creator sets 😍

sooooo this set is a huge curb ball on familiar techniques I thought I had nailed down but every building I’m learning something new 🫣.

28 minutes ago, jodawill said:

If they produced enough of them to keep up with the demand, the scalpers wouldn't be able to make a profit. Problem solved.

It's not really that simple. Lego's factories already run on a pretty optimized schedule to maximize production capacity across all of its various lines. Prioritizing one high-demand, expensive set would require Lego reducing production on other sets (including ones that are more affordable, produced in higher quantities, and sold through a larger number of vendors). Smarter to put reasonable limits on these early orders until the initial surge in demand levels off, especially for expensive sets that they don't want to risk overproducing.

5 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

It's not really that simple. Lego's factories already run on a pretty optimized schedule to maximize production capacity across all of its various lines. Prioritizing one high-demand, expensive set would require Lego reducing production on other sets (including ones that are more affordable, produced in higher quantities, and sold through a larger number of vendors). Smarter to put reasonable limits on these early orders until the initial surge in demand levels off, especially for expensive sets that they don't want to risk overproducing.

Don't go using logic when I'm trying to vent! :pir-triumph:

I'm sure I'll get my castles eventually. Hopefully at some point, the demand will level off like you said, and I can just go to the store and pick them up.

I remember it took months for them to get more pirates of barracuda bay sets in but also I’m keeping tabs on other lego store fronts that are currently sold out and back ordered with the end of the month restock!

I never noticed that the play set in the queens room is a miniature castle of 1978 😍😍. A lego set within a lego set