4 hours ago, Shiva said:

<3 this castle. Question is, where can I fit it in my apartment?!

You should ask yourself: "where in the castle will I fit my appartment?"...

33 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

You jest, but in the upper right of that same picture you can see the exterior of the garderobe (toilet), including the slot that the waste falls from. That forestwoman had better be careful where she stands!

These are the details that make me love this even more.

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

If it helps anyone, I'm going to consider the small baby animal in this set a kid. So the goat has made a return. Hurrah!

The forestmen hideout in the middle is great too. That suggests that the whole model splits in two to be able to access it.

You’re only kidding yourself. 

33 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

You should ask yourself: "where in the castle will I fit my appartment?"...

Or, I've got a month to find a new apartment that will fit the castle.

1 minute ago, williejm said:

You’re only kidding yourself. 

But am I though? Really? You know you want to do it too...

1 hour ago, UsernameMDM said:

Great looking set!  Not a fan of all the female knights/soldiers, but if I wind up getting the set, I'll just PAB some heads.  Just wish the set had a proper King/Queen/Prince/Princess.  

Honestly if folks don’t stop making this about it being too woke or too many female figures, I’m gonna have to buy it out of woke spite. Loving Wokebeard the Wizard and the slaying queen though. 

1 hour ago, natesroom said:

Here is an image showing all 6 shields in one shot

Ah!  Good to see that there are going to be 6 shields after all!

1 hour ago, natesroom said:

Here is an image showing all 6 shields in one shot

So, are they printed or stickered ? ;-)

13 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

So, are they printed or stickered ? ;-)

I can see the Queen's and the classic castle shields possibly being stickered, but I doubt the main 6 would be considering they have so many of them.  It would be really odd if they were.

Well…I will wait for reviews so we will know about shields being printed or snickered. I sure hope they are printed. 

As this is a set for AFOLs, and TLG knows we hate stickers, it would be a bold move to include any stickers in this set.  But I’ve been wrong before…

I’d be surprised if the pink shield is a sticker as it’s Going to be on the knight on the cmf 23 series.

26 minutes ago, Triceron said:

I can see the Queen's and the classic castle shields possibly being stickered, but I doubt the main 6 would be considering they have so many of them.  It would be really odd if they were.

On this picture : https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/wKt4WBzQJi22IqIOhMMNv43AbMg=/0x0:4239x4190/920x0/filters:focal(0x0:4239x4190):format(webp):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/23636949/lego_castle_women_rule.jpg, the queen shield is clearly stickered, the question is whether this is a sticker prototype or the final version. It would be really weird if it was a sticker prototype because the image is from the so-called "lifestyle" photo series. As for the classic shield, I find it highly doubtful that it could be a sticker as it will be featured with the knight of the 23th MFS. So it does look like with certainty a print for the classic lego castle shield.

14 minutes ago, BTappel said:

As this is a set for AFOLs, and TLG knows we hate stickers, it would be a bold move to include any stickers in this set.  But I’ve been wrong before…

They know we hate stickers but that doesn't stop the brand from putting them in sets costing several hundred euros. Just take a look at the Lego star wars UCS sets... Which is quite outrageous.

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Honestly if folks don’t stop making this about it being too woke or too many female figures, I’m gonna have to buy it out of woke spite. Loving Wokebeard the Wizard and the slaying queen though. 

"Yas Queen's Castle"

🤣

24 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

On this picture : https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/wKt4WBzQJi22IqIOhMMNv43AbMg=/0x0:4239x4190/920x0/filters:focal(0x0:4239x4190):format(webp):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/23636949/lego_castle_women_rule.jpg, the queen shield is clearly stickered, the question is whether this is a sticker prototype or the final version. It would be really weird if it was a sticker prototype because the image is from the so-called "lifestyle" photo series. As for the classic shield, I find it highly doubtful that it could be a sticker as it will be featured with the knight of the 23th MFS. So it does look like with certainty a print for the classic lego castle shield.

Well, none of us can really answer that since it's potentially a prototype we're seeing.  We'll just have to wait and see :)

1 hour ago, williejm said:

This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females....

Is that enough of an excuse for you to buy it? :-)

Generally speaking, set prototypes get stickers and often there needs to be marketing material and Demo sets before the printing is ready for the product on shelves. 

If they were selling a point of: "Custom factions! You choose the Livery" it would ring the sticker alarm bells, but not the case eh?

44 minutes ago, MAB said:

This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females. This woke set definitely has too many females....

Is that enough of an excuse for you to buy it? :-)

Wokebeard the Wizard 🤣

5 hours ago, Yoggington said:

A decent article on the set including some snippets of conversation with designer Milan Madge

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/18/23173256/lego-lion-knights-castle-90th-anniversary-birthday-price-release-date

Best review yet!  Interesting the water flows under the castle.  Wonder what that will look like.

There are some tricky moving parts for the side of the castle with the building/roof.  The bottom hinge seems to fold in a traditional style, but the top wall appears to be a double hinge and form a square on the side of the castle when folded.  Will be following that to see the technique, and is there a floor in that square when folded?!

Just now, Captain_SoyBeard said:

No shields for the forestmen?

As far as the pictures show, none whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

As far as the pictures show, none whatsoever.

Hope the Hideout comes free with it!

Just came across this interview. Full breakdown of the castle, and we finally get some clear shots of the back!

And a neat little hint at something more at the end.  Good to know there's still some secrets they're keeping for later reveals!

Edited by Triceron

Impressive just how much larger and more impressive both new sets are compared to their originals, from the intro to the video.

1 hour ago, danth said:

"Yas Queen's Castle"

🤣

You’re right - it *does* need a Fab Five loft added …