Who cares if there are lots of girls?!  Castle has been a sausage fest for decades.  I welcome the change (and so do all the male knights).

Hard to say from the pics, but looks like there are 3 visor helms and 6 lion shields in 2 colors!  Combine those with all the weapons and bardings, and this is an awesome castle set even without the beautiful structure!

I will support this set as much as I can to help convince LEGO to keep going down this path.  I will buy 2 copies day 1, and then more later on as funds permit.  Thank you LEGO!

2 hours ago, dimc said:

What I am hoping for: some battle packs OR a redo of the classic 5 or 6 minifig packs. We have falcons, lion knights, and forestmen factions now, so 1 of each plus a civilian and civilian child would be awesome. Or even a squire type figure. Plus some spare weapons, shields, and flags. I'd even take a medieval line of CMFs, especially if one came with a cloth falcon flag.

Please include a horse with barding in that battle-pack of yours :tongue:

18 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Please include a horse with barding in that battle-pack of yours :tongue:

This is how I must have ended up with so many of the red/yellow classic lion bardings!

Honestly, a yellow-box 5 minifig pack for $10-15 would hit me in the feels so hard. Please Lego!

16 minutes ago, dimc said:

This is how I must have ended up with so many of the red/yellow classic lion bardings!

Honestly, a yellow-box 5 minifig pack for $10-15 would hit me in the feels so hard. Please Lego!

To be honest, I think Pick a Brick mostly replaces that.  Black Falcon Torso and Legs are about $2, Heads are about 30 cents, shield is another 1.50, basic weapons and helmets start at 30c.  So roughly $3-6 a mini depending on armor/helmet/weapons.  As long as they get the Forestmen and Lion Knights up on Pick a Brick, I'm not sure we even need battle packs.  We would be able to order as many as we'd like without getting extras of one faction over another.

Edited by Triceron

I've got more than enough Kings already!

1 minute ago, Triceron said:

To be honest, I think Pick a Brick mostly replaces that.  Black Falcon Torso and Legs are about $2, Heads are about 30 cents, shield is another 1.50, weapons are super cheap at 30c, and helmets vary depending what style we're talking about.  So roughly $3-6 a mini depending on armor/helmet/weapons.  As long as they get the Forestmen and Lion Knights up on Pick a Brick, I'm not sure we even need battle packs.  We would be able to order as many as we'd like without getting extras of one faction over another.

I have some of the new falcons from the replacement parts for the blacksmith, but I haven't been to a physical store in a long time. Do they have these pieces there? Or if they are on the site, where would one find them? I've seen the Build A Minifig but that has super limited parts. And I want a lot of the civilians, since those were sadly missing. I've often repurposed Majisto torsos and matched them to different legs and used different hair pieces, but that only takes one so far if you're using vintage minifigs.

48 minutes ago, BTappel said:

Who cares if there are lots of girls?!  Castle has been a sausage fest for decades.  I welcome the change (and so do all the male knights).

And some of the female knights, and some of the gender non conforming knights… 😜

Honestly, you don’t like the figures’ hair, face, or handbag - swap it out. People coming on here crying ‘woke’ are doing themselves no favours. No one cares, certainly not Lego. 

Just now, dimc said:

I have some of the new falcons from the replacement parts for the blacksmith, but I haven't been to a physical store in a long time. Do they have these pieces there? Or if they are on the site, where would one find them? I've seen the Build A Minifig but that has super limited parts. And I want a lot of the civilians, since those were sadly missing. I've often repurposed Majisto torsos and matched them to different legs and used different hair pieces, but that only takes one so far if you're using vintage minifigs.

Online, through Pick-a-Brick.  In their main homepage, in the drop down go search under 'Bricks', and Pick a Brick is their latest system instead of the old Bricks and Pieces system.  From there, do a search for 'Upper Part' and 'Lower Part' for minifigure torsos and legs.  Black Falcon is a bestseller, and should be one of the first on the list.

But right now (as we speak) the Falcon torsos are sold out.  They were available a couple days ago though, and I think they will come back when in stock again.  And I was using Canadian dollars above, so prices will probably be cheaper in USD.

8 minutes ago, Triceron said:

Online, through Pick-a-Brick.  In their main homepage, in the drop down go search under 'Bricks', and Pick a Brick is their latest system instead of the old Bricks and Pieces system.  From there, do a search for 'Upper Part' and 'Lower Part' for minifigure torsos and legs.  Black Falcon is a bestseller, and should be one of the first on the list.

But right now (as we speak) the Falcon torsos are sold out.  They were available a couple days ago though, and I think they will come back when in stock again.  And I was using Canadian dollars above, so prices will probably be cheaper in USD.

Hmm, the search doesn't seem to filter, but I can go by sub-category. I see the Falcon legs right now, along with some helmets and hair and such. I'll have to learn how to refine those results; I've noticed Lego's IT and development teams could use a bit of help with their site tools.

Just now, dimc said:

Hmm, the search doesn't seem to filter, but I can go by sub-category. I see the Falcon legs right now, along with some helmets and hair and such. I'll have to learn how to refine those results; I've noticed Lego's IT and development teams could use a bit of help with their site tools.

I think if an item is sold out, it just doesn't appear in the results at all.

I like PAB better than the old battle packs.  You can decide how much of what you want.  Assuming of course they give us all the new stuff eventually.  It is more costly for us.  And LEGO might relieve some of the stress on the PAB system by doing something like that.  But only they have the data to know if it’s worth it. At this point, I am happy that they are making castle sets and giving us good parts to buy.  I would love a forestmen 3 in 1 with all parts we don’t have yet as well as black monarch castle update. 

7 hours ago, Withacee said:

Well, my wife and I are long-time LEGO-fans, but she was so p*ssed off with the "dragged in there by the hairs" female representation malarkey of this castle set that she decided on two things: 1. We're definitely not buying this one, out of sheer principle (sod being able to change the fig heads). And two, she went straight over to BlueBrixx to buy Burg Eltz :-) First non-LEGO set we ever bought in 50 years. For the life of me, I could not stop her. I can live without this castle set, though, so we saved a lot of money.

Lol, this is a 100% made up story.

Also, talk about cancel culture!

3 minutes ago, dimc said:

It's a complete MESS right now!

I've searched for specific names only to find the search engine doesn't even recognize it, and I had to cross reference the right part through Bricklink to make it work.

Like all hair is listed under 'Wig', so you won't get any good searches under 'Hair'.  Or Ponytail will give you zero results, while the part I want is listed as a 'Pony Tail'.  Or the Lego Horses are under 'Animal', while a search result for 'Horse' only shows you the Friends line of horse figures.  It's so hit and miss!  I wish they would just use the Bricklink system which is way more use friendly.

And as said above, if something is sold out it doesn't show up at all.  It's quite dumb that way.

Edited by Triceron

2 minutes ago, jodawill said:

I think if an item is sold out, it just doesn't appear in the results at all.

I did tick the "show out of stock" button.

2 minutes ago, dimc said:

I did tick the "show out of stock" button.

If I search for set 31120, the torso is listed on the last page if I show out of stock parts. The site definitely isn't easy to use. But I hope we see all of the parts from the new castle show up soon.

17 minutes ago, williejm said:

And some of the female knights, and some of the gender non conforming knights… 😜

Hehe now that I think about it I will replace all the male heads with female heads except one, and pretend he is me so I will have a harem of female knights and will knight myself Sir Pimp

1 hour ago, Triceron said:

Well, the video you're arguing in favour for literally talks about 'pushing men aside' and that 'all the knights are female'.  I think that's quite a reach.

The set has 50/50 male and females, these are the facts.  We can talk about it one way or another, but to make an argument that it 'pushes men aside' or that 'all the knights are female' is quite a focused argument, one that undermines any reasonable means to have female representation in the set.  What amount of female knights would not be considered 'pushing men aside'?  Well the only answer is zero female knights.  The argument itself is rooted in bigotry.   It goes out of its way to paint a picture of it being politically wrong, and questions whether it's worth upsetting the AFOLs by 'pushing men aside'.  I personally don't think this is a reasonable argument.

And anyone using the 'historically knights were only male' argument is a non-argument, because Lego Castle has never intended itself to be historically accurate.  It's always incorporated elements of folklore and fantasy, to all of its themes.  I think it's fair if people would prefer more male guard heads than females, but it's pretty clear to me the video went further than simply expressing a preference.

I honestly don't think this needs to be criticized any more than the trees being black instead of brown.  The trees are not historically accurate, and we don't have to define the trees being black by any measure of 'wokeness'.

wasnt really arguing so much in favor if that video, lol. I just said they guy has a point, which he clearly has. doesnt mean he is right on everything or that I agreed with everything he said.

why do you come up with zero female knights? thats a bold assumption (or maybe you were joking). People really need to stop throwing people into categories, just because somebody doesn't like a huge army of lion knight females doesn't automatically mean he ir she doesn't want any female knights or assume they don't want any women in their lego sets, lmao

Edited by Poco Lypso

Just now, jodawill said:

If I search for set 31120, the torso is listed on the last page if I show out of stock parts. The site definitely isn't easy to use. But I hope we see all of the parts from the new castle show up soon.

Yeah, it's not the most user-friendly. I wish you could filter by theme, which isn't a guarantee but it would narrow a lot of things down.

Either way, it does seem better than the old PAB, and I'm glad most of the important torsos and legs are there. I expect once things are fairly in stock, I'll do a big world-building order of civilians and a handful of each of the faction soldiers. I do have quite a selection of vintage minifigs to use as well; they will eventually fill out the big scene that will encompass the 90th castle, though I don't know where I'll put my Black Monarch's Castle or the King's Mountain Fortress in relation.

1 minute ago, dimc said:

Yeah, it's not the most user-friendly. I wish you could filter by theme, which isn't a guarantee but it would narrow a lot of things down.

Either way, it does seem better than the old PAB, and I'm glad most of the important torsos and legs are there. I expect once things are fairly in stock, I'll do a big world-building order of civilians and a handful of each of the faction soldiers. I do have quite a selection of vintage minifigs to use as well; they will eventually fill out the big scene that will encompass the 90th castle, though I don't know where I'll put my Black Monarch's Castle or the King's Mountain Fortress in relation. 

Years ago, when Bricks & Pieces was new, it was amazing because almost no one knew it existed. I was able to buy all of the 2015 pirates minifigures MONTHS before the sets were released because B&P was such an after thought. There's no way it could have remained a secret for long because it was so awesome. :pir_laugh2:

Unrelated - It seems that the classic halberd is conspicuously missing. Is this piece retired forever now, I wonder?

4 minutes ago, jodawill said:

Years ago, when Bricks & Pieces was new, it was amazing because almost no one knew it existed. I was able to buy all of the 2015 pirates minifigures MONTHS before the sets were released because B&P was such an after thought. There's no way it could have remained a secret for long because it was so awesome. :pir_laugh2:

Unrelated - It seems that the classic halberd is conspicuously missing. Is this piece retired forever now, I wonder?

Bricklink says it ended production in 2018 (or at least the sets that have it came out in 2018? Not sure how that works.) so it might be gone.

1 minute ago, dimc said:

Bricklink says it ended production in 2018 (or at least the sets that have it came out in 2018? Not sure how that works.) so it might be gone.

That only means it last appeared in a 2018 set. That's not very long ago, so it surprises me that they chose not to use it in this set. That makes me wonder if they're done with that mold. If that's the case, it's a very sad day. (Thankfully, the old ones aren't expensive, though.)

Just now, jodawill said:

That only means it last appeared in a 2018 set. That's not very long ago, so it surprises me that they chose not to use it in this set. That makes me wonder if they're done with that mold. If that's the case, it's a very sad day. (Thankfully, the old ones aren't expensive, though.)

It was in a Nexo set and Sanctum Santorum in 2018, and a handful of sets per year in years prior.

35 minutes ago, Poco Lypso said:

why do you come up with zero female knights? thats a bold assumption (or maybe you were joking). 

Historically, there were no known female knights.  Even Joan of Arc was never knighted, she merely fought as a soldier.  There were women who fulfilled chivalric duties, but none formally in history recognized as a 'Knight'.  So for any argument that this 'pushes men aside' as well as being 'historically accurate' would be regarding this role as an exclusively male title in history and wanting to keep it that way.  I don't think that Castle has ever really presented itself to historic accuracy, which is why I think this is a non-argument.

And considering the set has 50/50 representation and not 'more females knights than males', I don't really consider the points being true at all.  "Knight" is also quite a loose definition considering it could mean anyone wearing armor.  The guy who made the video even clarifies that he thinks X guy in armor is only a squire while Y girl in armor is clearly a Knight which is what he's using as his argument to say all Knights are female.  It's a stretch, to say the least.

just because somebody doesn't like a huge army of lion knight females doesn't automatically mean he ir she doesn't want any female knights or assume they don't want any women in their lego sets, lmao

Except I haven't made any arguments against this, because that's how I feel as well.  I prefer a male-centric army.  My argument is that making statements beyond expressing a preference is needlessly politicizing something that (IMO) isn't that big of a deal.

People really need to stop throwing people into categories,

I absolutely agree, but it's a bit hard to take seriously when you used 'Woke' multiple times in your own post.

Edited by Triceron

28 minutes ago, jodawill said:

They probably had to use a lot of the budget on bringing a lot of parts back that are not in production now, so maybe they just prioritised another part over that this time :shrug_oh_well:

I've been fiddling around on Stud.io trying to recreate parts of this set to figure how they fit together. There's some real neat geometry in the staircase up from the kitchen—a 3/4/5 triangular area with a finished (gapless) floor.

Can't wait 'til reviews of this set start to show up—I get the feeling there's a lot of neat details we still haven't seen from the limited number of images that are available so far.