1 hour ago, Poco Lypso said:

just saw a post on facebook, apparently there are stickers on the shields, smh. 

Where ?

just saw a post on facebook, apparently there are stickers on the shields, smh. 

That is fake news. You can zoom in on the high resolution pictures and there is no border present that would suggest stickers. Every decoration in this set is printed.

P.S. There is a new Arch 1 x 4 x 3 piece introduced with this set.
image.png.d4311fe6a45a91434641ce9749b9408c.png

38 minutes ago, jodawill said:

I'm really surprised by all the negative comments about this set. Please, everyone, just buy this set. Buy multiple copies. If you don't, we likely won't see another castle ever again.

Buy multiple copies? At $400/£345? Ha, I wish!

17 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

That is fake news. You can zoom in on the high resolution pictures and there is no border present that would suggest stickers. Every decoration in this set is printed.

P.S. There is a new Arch 1 x 4 x 3 piece introduced with this set.
image.png.d4311fe6a45a91434641ce9749b9408c.png

I just noticed the same

And there are 5x dark green small pine trees!

huh? wdym? obviously from the retailer, xD

I mean, I got the blacksmith shop from lego.com, thought its an exclusive, only to see it at 30% off a couple months later online.

the blacksmith shop is NOT lego exclusive.. just hard to find.

I think the castle somehow managed to exceed my expectations, which I believe were high to begin with. Having missed out on previous Castle sets and being a newly-minted fan, I've longed for a castle for about a year now. I am lucky that I became a Castle fan just when this set was about to be released.

And to me, it is the definitive Lego castle. I really like how the structure can be folded into a cohesive castle, because one of the main things that bother me about some location builds is when they don't feel like a cohesive structure. This set further complements that by including terrain around the castle, which makes it feel even more cohesive.

The minifigure selection is outstanding, and strikes an interesting balance between nostalgic simplicity and detailed figures. The Lion Knights are superb and will look great next to the updated Black Falcons. The Queen is incredible and is easily my favorite Queen (surpassing the CMF one). Moreover, given the exorbitant prices for horse bardings on the secondary market, I am delighted that this set includes them. Finally, the family of forestmen, wizard, maid, and other civilians are icing on the cake that can will allow newbies like me obtain a small collection of varied medieval figures.

Overall, I feel this set is a dream come true. I can only imagine how veteran Castle fans feel about this! I hope to be able to pick this bad boy up within a year, even know I don't know where I would place it.

:dsweet:

Edited by 1980-Something-Space-Guy

Anyway, I'm thinking on this set since yesterday. And I feel this is just a big parts pack. The best castle ever, that is true, but much better would be possible. After 3 years, when the castle retires, the minifigs will cover the price of the set. Because I'm pretty much sure, they will not be available through the new B&P. The black falcons also disappeared.

Still, I like the sophisticated angles and the play features of the set. But not sure to buy it or not on this price. If I buy, I will customize the castle to be more colorful.

45 minutes ago, jodawill said:

I'm really surprised by all the negative comments about this set. Please, everyone, just buy this set. Buy multiple copies. If you don't, we likely won't see another castle ever again.

Agreed.  I think it’s fair to complain about the price, stickers, some specific choices, but to say this this is bland or a big miss is just being ignorant.  This castle is light years ahead of anything we’ve ever seen from Lego.  It’s huge, has so many nooks and crannies that we haven’t even been able to discover yet, and they pumped 21 actual minifigs into it with all kinds of weapons, heraldry, and new prints in a one-off set.  This is what most of us have been begging for for years.  If it’s too much, they gave us a $100 set last year that was sold everywhere to get a good discount.  

This thing is a home run and I’m so looking forward to the build experience.  I’ll do my part and get at least two as I’ve had years of saving from not having any castle sets available.  I don’t buy typewriters, plants, sneakers, or other themes.  I buy castle and this is the the theme’s pinnacle.

33 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Hum... I still have the annoying impression that if you zoom on the image below the shield of the knight in armor and that the shield of the queen are stickers... I hope I'm wrong.

https://images.brickset.com/news/78773_10305_Lifestyle_17.jpg

2 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Hum... I still have the annoying impression that if you zoom on the image below the shield of the knight in armor and that the shield of the queen are stickers... I hope I'm wrong.

thats the image peepos were talking about on FB. lets hope it really is fake news or false impression

13 minutes ago, kodlovag said:

Anyway, I'm thinking on this set since yesterday. And I feel this is just a big parts pack. The best castle ever, that is true, but much better would be possible. After 3 years, when the castle retires, the minifigs will cover the price of the set. Because I'm pretty much sure, they will not be available through the new B&P. The black falcons also disappeared.

Still, I like the sophisticated angles and the play features of the set. But not sure to buy it or not on this price. If I buy, I will customize the castle to be more colorful.

this would be aweful! just thinking about the price to amass a lion knights army. think battle packs arent coming, welp

11 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Ok. I didn't see those ultra high definition pics. Then I take it back. Those really are stickers. :((

16 minutes ago, INTENSS said:

Agreed.  I think it’s fair to complain about the price, stickers, some specific choices, but to say this this is bland or a big miss is just being ignorant.  This castle is light years ahead of anything we’ve ever seen from Lego.  It’s huge, has so many nooks and crannies that we haven’t even been able to discover yet, and they pumped 21 actual minifigs into it with all kinds of weapons, heraldry, and new prints in a one-off set.  This is what most of us have been begging for for years.  If it’s too much, they gave us a $100 set last year that was sold everywhere to get a good discount.  

This thing is a home run and I’m so looking forward to the build experience.  I’ll do my part and get at least two as I’ve had years of saving from not having any castle sets available.  I don’t buy typewriters, plants, sneakers, or other themes.  I buy castle and this is the the theme’s pinnacle.

I think people are nitpicking because of the price point. 

5 minutes ago, Poco Lypso said:

thats the image peepos were talking about on FB. lets hope it really is fake news or false impression

Yeah but in the picture below they look like prints. It could be that the decals are prototypes in some product shots (like the one from Brickset) and other photos (like the one I linked) were taken later once all prints and parts were actually produced

lego-10305-icons-burg-der-loewenritter-k

Just now, Metanoios said:

Yeah but in the picture below they look like prints. It could be that the decals are prototypes in some product shots (like the one from Brickset) and other photos (like the one I linked) were taken later once all prints and parts were actually produced

lego-10305-icons-burg-der-loewenritter-k

I really hope so... imo shields and stickers don't go well together. 

Guess we will find out soon.

Some images are renders and some are real pictures, that's why it's so difficult to spot. But look at this here. The sticker is applied too high:
010.jpg

It's strange. According to the photos, it looks like some shields are printed and some are stickers. On the picture I shared for example, as I said for the shield of the knight in armor and that of the queen look like stickers while the shield of the soldier to the right of the queen seems printed.

Surprisingly too, it looks like the young man's tunic in the photo is a sticker, which is highly doubtful. So I don't know what to think now.

Could some elements be printed while others would be stickers?

12 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Some images are renders and some are real pictures, that's why it's so difficult to spot. But look at this here. The sticker is applied too high:

I'm pretty sure that the pic I posted is not a render because the left hind leg of the horse is not fully pressed down on the stud and there is a visible (albeit small) gap and corresponding shadow and reflection. I admit the picture quality could be better but it is zoomed in from a (in my opinion) real lifestyle shot

2016 Knight GWP shields were printed : 

3846p4g.pngtn_5004419_alt3_jpg.jpg

Remade falcon shields are printed, forestmen GWP are printed, BAM lion shields were printed.

Castle in the forest used stickers but Bricklink program can't get unique out of production prints afaik.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 minute ago, unclejeffie said:

It would be strange that the shields would be stickers if the forestmen gwp are printed..

You're right. As well as those of the Black Falcons...

There are a lot of shields in this set, but I'd think mixing stickers and prints in a huge set like this would be a major disappointment into LEGO.

Stickers do have reasons and places, but such tight stickers with pretty much no edge, seem not something LEGO does in a regular set, there's usually some edge of space around a sticker.

Throwbacks to Yellow Castle does not mean it's okay to go back to Stickered shields in such a set.

However, if you compare the 2016 printed shield which is printed all the way to the edge, it's different from those 2022 shields.

Even got some doubts now about the shields shown in the interior from left to right, the blue shield seems aligned too far topleft, and only the Pink shield with crown seems to be printed all the way to the edge as it appears in CMF.

Edited by TeriXeri

3 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

[...]

However, if you compare the 2016 printed shield which is printed all the way to the edge, it's different from those 2022 shields.

Yes but the Black Falcon shield printing does also not cover the entire shield and has a small border of unprinted surface (+ sometimes the print can be misaligned as well)

Just now, Metanoios said:

Yes but the Black Falcon shield printing does also not cover the entire shield and has a small border of unprinted surface (+ sometimes the print can be misaligned as well)

True, I hope it's all prints obviously, and I understand prints can be different from 6 years ago. :thumbup: