Sweeet!!

My 6 year old self would be running around the room holding his winkle right now!

Current me doesn’t think the gold visor goes with the grey helm but still. Bring on August!

It looks wonderful! I'm so happy the whole thing closes. Can't wait to see the review videos come out eventually so we can get a better look at everything, especially the views of the outside once it is closed.

Well, gray crash helmets are finally going to go down in price, based on this set's usage of them, which is useful for light Bley CS astronauts.

Edited by Murdoch17

Looks amazing. Too bad there aren't 1 or 2 more peasants, but it is what it is. 

Can someone figure out the dimensions folded up and open? :)

1 minute ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Looks amazing. Too bad there aren't 1 or 2 more peasants, but it is what it is. 

Can someone figure out the dimensions folded up and open? :)

In total 9 civil figs… I think thats more than generous :) Even though their torsos are reused mostly from existing sets… Is it me or Majisto is without any printing? 

The crusader flags are exactly like the ones I made when I was 9 years old, but the borders and print are not drawn with marker :D

I am not a fan of the crusader barding and red/blue shield - the 1990 design is simply nicer.  But the black falcon barding is 10/10.  I love that they are using the old school helmets on their black falcons and not the new silver ones. 

Hopefully some of the parts make it to PAB before too long, I would love a few dozen of the gray torso/blue hat peasant and a good army of crusaders to go against my PAB falcons.

I was bummed when TLG stopped making crusaders in the 90s.  I stopped buying Lego in 1995, except for the guarded inn and black falcon fortress reissues.  Glad the OG forces are back.

This is a day 1 purchase for sure.  My expectations were sky high and they somehow were exceeded.

Must have this! Looks like I’m going to be selling a good amount of my collection to be able to afford this. From the images, it might be worth it. How fast will this sell out when first listed? Will VIPs have first access to it? Love the accessories and the figures.  The wizard however looks rather plain. Great set. Hope it ushers in more castle sets in the future! 

$400 USD ($180 USD in 1990 dollars).  Over 3x the cost of 6081, although I would say it is approximately 3x cooler, so it still seems like a pretty good deal even with Lego's recent price hike.

One semi-nitpick: I'm surprised the forestmen shield isn't included (or I've just missed it). I'm mainly just surprised that the printed shield was special made for the gift with purchase set. The optimist in me thinks that surely means there will be more forestmen sets later on...

Keeping on the topic of shields: the queen's shield is fantastic. I'm really liking the gilded border.

5 minutes ago, mvLego said:

One semi-nitpick: I'm surprised the forestmen shield isn't included (or I've just missed it). I'm mainly just surprised that the printed shield was special made for the gift with purchase set. The optimist in me thinks that surely means there will be more forestmen sets later on...

Keeping on the topic of shields: the queen's shield is fantastic. I'm really liking the gilded border.

Its shame though that all of the forestman and forestwoman share the same torso and same green hat. More diversiry would be welcomed… brown hat, different colour of that collar thing…

Mixed feelings on this reveal.

There's lots of easter eggs to classic Castle and Crusaders/Black Falcon themes. I'm happy to see the return of the Visor helmet, and the gold version actually looks pretty slick.  Great new flags and cape too.

The overall build is quite flat and basic though, I expected a bit more detail to the walls.  I'm also not a big fan of the new bardings, but at least we have something.  Also the price is definitely gonna have me wait for a big sale before I bite down on this one.  Will wait and see how people might moc this up.

I absolutely love it.

let us hope that pick-a-brick gets those figs, bardings and shields!

we can keep eachother updated for that.

A nice little touch are some of the yellow castle shields as wall decorations

WxGUBTB.jpg

Found the 22nd Minifigure… the skeleton in the dungeon cell. Most likely the shields are all stickers, or can we hope one or more of the new designs are printed? 

YES! Those classic shields as decoration are fantastic. So many details to this. Very happy there’s horse boarding too. 

5 minutes ago, BitByBrick said:

Found the 22nd Minifigure… the skeleton in the dungeon cell. Most likely the shields are all stickers, or can we hope one or more of the new designs are printed? 

Agreed, that would be nice too.

5 minutes ago, BitByBrick said:

Other than the bricklink castle in the forest, are shield stickers a thing for recent sets? I tend to think/hope everything will be printed, just like the old sets.

It looks like the back of the box has dimensions of the castle (when closed) can’t read the centimeter numbers due to them being fuzzy… does it say 17.5in base and 14.5in height? What might that expand to once the set is opened up? Asking for a friend who needs a place to display this. :)