4 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Following Lego's now-infamous "price increase" announcement, do we think it will affect the rumored RRP for this set?

Probably? I'd say it's more likely they'll distribute price increases towards their large sets, since people who buy them probably have more disposable income and can weather inflation better than those who don't.

6 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Following Lego's now-infamous "price increase" announcement, do we think it will affect the rumored RRP for this set?

Definitely possible since the rumored sanctum sanctorum which is supposed to be released at the same date also has a higher RRP now. Since the castle is a D2C set it's hard to find out at this stage. But of course I hope we are wrong here...

That's really harsh news....  timing of it couldn't be worse.  This castle is literally one of the last big purchases I was planning on purchasing day 1, but looks like I'll have to wait until there's a good deal or promotion.  I just have to cross my fingers that they won't make it too limited and have this set be permanent out-of-stock mode.

Where does it say about the castle? Can't seem to find it in the list..

Crazy prices.. damn.

Think I'll go pure secondhand. No way I can allow myself to pay such prices 

20 minutes ago, unclejeffie said:

Where does it say about the castle? Can't seem to find it in the list..

Crazy prices.. damn.

Think I'll go pure secondhand. No way I can allow myself to pay such prices 

There are no reports about the castle because it's d2c for the next couple of months. 

The list with the new prices comes from regular retailers who don't sell the castle any time soon. All the sets on the list are sold by the retailers who got informed by Lego about the new prices. So we don't know about the castle. It could be the same price. But if the price changed only Lego knows it.

20 hours ago, Shroffy123 said:

My kids and I have watched this video numerous times. Didn't put two and two together that it's your build! My kids think it's the coolest build.

Thank you Shroffy.  I am glad your kids enjoyed it.  Hopefully I can meet you all in person some day.  Video and pictures never seem to capture how beautiful LEGO displays are. 

19 hours ago, zoth33 said:

@DaleDVM I didn't realize that was you.  That is an excellent display I've seen the video a few times.  You've got a great selection of minifigs.  I really liked all the different shops, farms and gardens.  The castle design is very interesting also.  I'm hoping one day to have a display like this.  I'm actually tearing some builds down to start a larger project but I've been quite busy lately with work and family stuff.   How far are you on the second section now?

Thanks, Zoth.  We could chat for hours about minifigs.  I luckily have over 10,000 medieval/fantasy figs and a huge variety as well.  It helps that I am a long time collector, (that means I am old) and I was able to get a lot of the classic castle figs before prices for them increased.  I look forward to seeing what you end up building.  

That interview was just last fall.  And like you family, other hobbies, etc. get in the way of building time.  Since then, I have only been working on improving some stuff from the original build.  There are so many new parts that have been introduced since I started building this creation. I want to incorporate many of them into it.  Several new plant parts, "brick" bricks, and a ton of fancy parts used for better snot connections have come out since I first built this.  For instance all of the tile work on the castle was accomplished with headlight bricks.  It really would have been handy to have the 1x1 or 1x2 bricks with stud(s) on 1 side back then. 

One thing about really large creations like Goldcrest... just maintaining and/or upgrading something like this takes a long time and yet those upgrades are barely noticeable because you are only upgrading a small percentage of the overall display.  I decided to finish/upgrade the old display to a certain standard before I expand any more.  I am also working on making my trees more sturdy so I don't spend so much time repairing them at each show.  But I am closing in on the upgrades being complete.  Finally, I also decided to add to the length of the display (it will be 30 ft long) before doubling the width so any new building in the last year has gone into that new "5 feet longer" section.  I think I need more serf/peasant or countryside/farmland outside the city walls to give the display better balance (city/countryside ratio).  So in reality Goldcrest will be 140% bigger when it is totally complete.  

Back on topic. 

If the new castle goes from $350 to $450 that is an insane cost increase in one go.  There are a lot of companies that are using the recent inflation crisis as an excuse to raise their own prices drastically.  From what I know about TLG, I am not surprised that they are jumping on the bandwagon.  

If the castle ends up going from $350 to $450 then that might actually have me hold off from buying it for at least a while, despite looking forward to it quite a bit.
Either that or I miss out on the Medieval Blacksmith along with the Forestmen GWP... definitely was getting them all at first, confusing move of them to do this right when their 90th anniversary sets are slated for release.

Edited by General Magma

10 minutes ago, General Magma said:

If the castle ends up going from $350 to $450 then that might actually have me hold off from buying it for at least a while, despite looking forward to it quite a bit.

Same. Except for me there is no might, I won't be paying $450.

1 minute ago, Follows Closely said:

Same. Except for me there is no might, I won't be paying $450.

The one potential saving grace for me is that the piece count is around 4500 but that's still too steep, especially knowing it was originally going to cost far less, so yeah, I'd prefer to wait for a discount, but who knows when or if that might happen.
I think this move is gonna make them miss out on a whole lot of monetary gain, LEGO is expensive enough as is and the costs of living are only going up, in these times luxury goods aren't going to get the highest priority. Maybe quickly snatch up the
medieval blacksmith at the very least in the next few weeks, and hope for a price slash for the castle within a year or so.

3 hours ago, brimbolet said:

Someone at brothers-brick claims that the price for the anniversary castle will rise from €$350 to €$450. That must be wrong (?), otherwise it would mean an increase of ca. 28% before the set is even released!!! 

Full article and the mentioned comment here:

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2022/06/02/lego-announces-price-increases-for-second-half-of-2022-news/

I don't know anything about the users at Brothers Brick (or Stone Wars), so it's quite possible that user has a history of leaking info. That said, the jump to 450 seems to be based more on pessimism than any actual info. I hope that Lego already accounted for inflation when the initial price was leaked, but that seems unlikely from what I've read about other unreleased set price increases.

I guess the good news for those of us in the US is that the price has only been leaked in euros and not dollars (we've been assuming it'll be $350 in the US but I don't recall the price ever being "officially" converted). So I can always tell myself that whatever price is announced was the intended price from the very beginning!

7 minutes ago, mvLego said:

I don't know anything about the users at Brothers Brick (or Stone Wars), so it's quite possible that user has a history of leaking info. That said, the jump to 450 seems to be based more on pessimism than any actual info. I hope that Lego already accounted for inflation when the initial price was leaked, but that seems unlikely from what I've read about other unreleased set price increases.

I guess the good news for those of us in the US is that the price has only been leaked in euros and not dollars (we've been assuming it'll be $350 in the US but I don't recall the price ever being "officially" converted). So I can always tell myself that whatever price is announced was the intended price from the very beginning!

I get that this will be the coveted 90th anniversary set and the first real castle set in years, otherwise I'd have said, stick to thy guns... and yet I'll still say it, as never have I spent that much on a single set before, $350 was to be the peak, $450 is too steep.

The price would go from $472 CAD -> $602 CAD.  And that's just a rough estimate, considering Lego seems to tack on higher prices for customs/storage in Canada.

I'm really hoping it isn't that dramatic of a jump.  $50 more, and I can swallow the hard pill.  $125 more is way too much.  That's practically an entire new set!

I honestly think Lego already knew they would increase the price and this is why everything seems off about this set, I think the original price point was 299.99 and they just automatically slapped the 349.99 price tag on this set! 

Brickmerge always listed this set at €380 UVP (suggested Germany retail price)  , so I'd not even be surprised if that was a final price point.

Edited by TeriXeri

8 hours ago, Triceron said:

The price would go from $472 CAD -> $602 CAD.  And that's just a rough estimate, considering Lego seems to tack on higher prices for customs/storage in Canada.

I'm really hoping it isn't that dramatic of a jump.  $50 more, and I can swallow the hard pill.  $125 more is way too much.  That's practically an entire new set!

No way I'm paying $600 for a set that's not even as good as the 10,000 supporter Lego idea castles

Edited by morvit

@DaleDVM  Thanks for the update sounds great.  I have been collecting for awhile but I don't have that many figs I would have to count again it's somewhere over 1000.  I still have a lot of the original figs from the 80's when I was a kid and the 90's when I was a teen.  Some forestmen, wolfpack, dragon knights, crusaders, lion knights, black falcons, bull knights, and fright knights.

Hopefully they don't go up to 450 with the price that would not be good.  I will still get it but if that's the case I will hoard all my VIP points and use them then to make it easier on my wallet.  

It'd have to be a near-perfect castle for me to fork-over $450. I understand the price increases in general. LEGO exists primarily for their benefit, not ours... pursuing their desired profit margin will always come before cutting customers a break. Those aren't mutually exclusive things, but one is definitely more important than the other for LEGO. It will just make for some tougher choices as to what I do and do not buy is all.

This castle was already on the excessively-high-price side. Hoping the cost does not rise to exceed $400. If it does, the space I created to display it may remain empty. Maybe, before prices go up, early VIP access for this set will happen this month or early July? 🤞🏻 

I'm not following here at all. I saw the statement from LEGO about increasing their prices (which sucks), but why is everyone up in arms about the price of a set that still hasn't even been officially unveiled yet? For all we know the only price point we have to go in is the original one from Promobricks, no?

2 hours ago, Frike said:

I'm not following here at all. I saw the statement from LEGO about increasing their prices (which sucks), but why is everyone up in arms about the price of a set that still hasn't even been officially unveiled yet? For all we know the only price point we have to go in is the original one from Promobricks, no?

Because we have to complain about something while we wait. I do love LEGO sets, but the company I am disliking more and more as of late. They are getting too political, and straying too far too fast from what has been successful in the past.

43 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

Because we have to complain about something while we wait. I do love LEGO sets, but the company I am disliking more and more as of late. They are getting too political, and straying too far too fast from what has been successful in the past.

Exactly. I dislike that idea of the company getting greedier.

But all of u know that the company isn’t a charity tho. 

I don't get why people are accusing Lego of being greedy. It's not like they chose to raise prices out of nowhere, but rather it comes as a response to rising production costs.

Edited by 1980-Something-Space-Guy

Yes the production/logistic costs are rising but most of the really big corporations keep reporting record profits since Covid started. One could assume that's because they used the situation and increased prices more than just to maintain the pre-pandemic / pre-inflation levels of profit. Maybe LEGO is going to be an exception. :P

Edited by sahidko

6 hours ago, Frike said:

Probably because people have now (wrongly perhaps) have a figure of 350 in their head that they’ve come to terms with. And 450 puts a massive dent in the enthusiasm.