Hoping I can get my hands on the GWP as a newly minted Castle fan with a very small Castle collection. I don't know what to think of the forestmen figures. They seem to have the simplicity of old figures but yet some updated prints. My eyes might be deceiving me, but I think I see some yellow patterns on the forestwoman's torso. If that's the case, then I'll probably be picking up at least the figs.

5 hours ago, DaleDVM said:

...A lot of us longtime collectors agree, civilians are the real prize in this set, and are the rarest medieval figs to come by...

I don't get this reasoning. Back in the day every castle line had many, many, figs. The Kingdoms line for example: the 16 sets containing 59 figs, and this is just the latest line. We have had around a dozen full castle lines going back to the 80s. We had had plenty of opportunities to accumulate medieval figs. Every line has had nice rare figs hidden among both large and small sets. Medieval figs are everywhere! I see them on marketplaces everyday. However: we have never had the opportunity to buy a castle of this scale!

Spoiler

10223: Kingdoms Joust

cas486.pngcas499.pngcas500.pngcas501.pngcas502.pngcas503.pngcas504.pngcas505.pngcas506.png

7946: King's Castle

cas441.pngcas445.pngcas446.pngcas448.pngcas451.pngcas452.pngcas456.pngcas457.png

7189: Mill Village Raid

cas439.pngcas461.pngcas488.pngcas489.pngcas490.pngcas491.png

7947: Prison Tower Rescue

cas442.pngcas443.pngcas450.pngcas454.pngcas458.png

7188: King's Carriage Ambush

cas485.pngcas486.pngcas487.pngcas498.png

7948: Outpost Attack

cas447.pngcas449.pngcas455.png

7187: Escape from the Dragon's Prison

cas494.pngcas495.pngcas496.pngcas497.png

6918: Blacksmith Attack

cas492.pngcas493.png

7950: Knight's Showdown

cas444.pngcas453.png

7949: Prison Carriage Rescue

cas438.pngcas439.pngcas440.png

852922: Battle Pack

cas462.pngcas463.pngcas464.pngcas465.pngcas466.png

30061: Attack Wagon

cas461.png

852921: Battle Pack

cas444.pngcas446.pngcas448.pngcas459.pngcas460.png

30062: Target Practice

cas474.png

7953: Court Jester

cas437.png

7955: Wizard

cas435.png

Yeah, that's a lot of minifigures, and this is just one sub-theme Kingdoms!

Edited by Follows Closely
added - Green Wizard - spoiler tag

18 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

I don't get this reasoning. Back in the day every castle line had many, many, figs. The Kingdoms line for example: the 16 sets containing 59 figs, and this is just the latest line. We have had around a dozen full castle lines going back to the 80s. We had had plenty of opportunities to accumulate medieval figs. Every line has had nice rare figs hidden among both large and small sets. Medieval figs are everywhere! I see them on marketplaces everyday. However: we have never had the opportunity to buy a castle of this scale!

You misunderstand, what was said was that of the medieval minifigures, standard peasants are the hard to come by and looking at your example 5 peasants out of 59 minifigures. But you ignored the Kingdoms green wizard too so it's 5 out 60 aka one 12th of the minifigures and excluding ideas, Advent calendars and the MMV kingdoms has highest ratio of peasants to other minifigures (soldiers/nobles/fantasy people).

1 hour ago, Follows Closely said:

I don't get this reasoning. Back in the day every castle line had many, many, figs. The Kingdoms line for example: the 16 sets containing 59 figs, and this is just the latest line. We have had around a dozen full castle lines going back to the 80s. We had had plenty of opportunities to accumulate medieval figs. Every line has had nice rare figs hidden among both large and small sets. Medieval figs are everywhere! I see them on marketplaces everyday. However: we have never had the opportunity.

Can you please edit these photos out of this post? We all know what kingdoms minifigs look like, and it makes this thread a real bear to scroll through on the phone. 

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

You misunderstand, what was said was that of the medieval minifigures, standard peasants are the hard to come by and looking at your example 5 peasants out of 59 minifigures. But you ignored the Kingdoms green wizard too so it's 5 out 60 aka one 12th of the minifigures and excluding ideas, Advent calendars and the MMV kingdoms has highest ratio of peasants to other minifigures (soldiers/nobles/fantasy people).

I missed out on peasants and I can't bring myself to pay the aftermarket prices. I echo what others have said about being excited for civilian figs. One can easily assemble a representative collection of knights from 2010 onwards.

3 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I feel enlightened. Thanks.

P.S. Lego is trending towards more diversity in everything, so I would be surprised if we are disappointed in the minifig selection.

Can you please edit these photos out of this post? We all know what kingdoms minifigs look like, and it makes this thread a real bear to scroll through on the phone. 

Added spoiler tag for you @SirBlake. It looks better on a big screen.

Edited by Follows Closely

2 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

Reveal hidden contents

10223: Kingdoms Joust

cas486.pngcas499.pngcas500.pngcas501.pngcas502.pngcas503.pngcas504.pngcas505.pngcas506.png

7946: King's Castle

cas441.pngcas445.pngcas446.pngcas448.pngcas451.pngcas452.pngcas456.pngcas457.png

7189: Mill Village Raid

cas439.pngcas461.pngcas488.pngcas489.pngcas490.pngcas491.png

7947: Prison Tower Rescue

cas442.pngcas443.pngcas450.pngcas454.pngcas458.png

7188: King's Carriage Ambush

cas485.pngcas486.pngcas487.pngcas498.png

7948: Outpost Attack

cas447.pngcas449.pngcas455.png

7187: Escape from the Dragon's Prison

cas494.pngcas495.pngcas496.pngcas497.png

6918: Blacksmith Attack

cas492.pngcas493.png

7950: Knight's Showdown

cas444.pngcas453.png

7949: Prison Carriage Rescue

cas438.pngcas439.pngcas440.png

852922: Battle Pack

cas462.pngcas463.pngcas464.pngcas465.pngcas466.png

30061: Attack Wagon

cas461.png

852921: Battle Pack

cas444.pngcas446.pngcas448.pngcas459.pngcas460.png

30062: Target Practice

cas474.png

7953: Court Jester

cas437.png

7955: Wizard

cas435.png

it probably depends on when you started collecting and how aware you were at the time. I started in 2015 and was able to pick a few castle sets back then, thinking castle (and other historic themes) were recurring I didn't buy any of the older sets (like hobbit, lotr) because I didn't wanna pay extra. At that time I could have even gotten the medieval market village at a relatively decent price, lol. so yeah, civilin figs have been quite rare to me the last couple of years.

10 hours ago, DaleDVM said:

Three days late on the news and much to discuss. 

I was truly hoping as I read about the forestman hideout that they would make the tree in brown this time.  The original is one of my favorite sets of all time, but implemented in brown would make it literally perfect!  It still looks good though.  I am glad I delayed purchase of a few of the modular buildings so I can get a few of these sets as free with purchase.  

The description of the castle sounds good to me.  I look forward to the barding as well as horses in rarer colors.  20 figs is an appropriate number.  A lot of us longtime collectors agree, civilians are the real prize in this set, and are the rarest medieval figs to come by.  I will buy the set in multiples, but I really hope I can get some of these civilian figs in much greater quantities from Bricks and Pieces because 3-6 of the civilian figs would never be enough to fill my MOCs.  

I am hoping the tudor areas on the castle are white and not yellow.  Also hoping the trees have brown bark and not black the way they are drawn on the castle illustration.  

Looking forward to official photos.  

Agreed on multiple perspectives.  I, too, wish the hideout was brown/dark brown, but I’m just fine with it even being a an actual thing in any color.  I’ve said it on multiple platforms, but I really hope they produce too many of them and make them available for VIP points at some point.

I never thought we’d get new bard, so that is a very pleasant surprise.  Can’t wait to see them with more modern printing and design capabilities. It’s been a while since we last got barding!  I’m also hoping to buy those civilian figs in high quantity once they become available on PAB online.  I wonder if any other new weapons/heraldry/colors will make an appearance.  Very exciting times!

19 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Who said anything about a skirt? She'll be battle ready with a yellow cape, armor, sword, shield and helmet or alternatively hairpiece+crown.

I would be delighted if we got a new dual-molded piece like this one but with longer hair, instead of the same tired tiara-into-a-plume-hole combo that seems to have been used for every queen since 2009. Not that I haven't used the linked part for female characters anyway. :blush:

At the very least, please don't use this piece again! Steal one of the many Friends hairpieces that has an accessory hole!

Edited by kalexicon
missing word

I think I owe an apology to the folks that were calling out the tease in the BTTF video. I was thrown off by the camouflage of old sets mixed in. Spending more time with it and the promobricks sketches has me convinced that the walls on either side of the 6080 gate are definitely from the new set. I think there’s a good chance that details like how the crenellations and windows are built are definitely on display in the video. Pretty cool. 

On 5/23/2022 at 3:19 AM, R0Sch said:

Who said anything about a skirt? She'll be battle ready with a yellow cape, armor, sword, shield and helmet or alternatively haripiece+crown.

Even better!!!! I pretty much made my own king using a similar armor battle ready setup for the Creator 3n1 set, what the Black Falcons need is a rival Queen!!! 

15 hours ago, eldiano said:

Even better!!!! I pretty much made my own king using a similar armor battle ready setup for the Creator 3n1 set, what the Black Falcons need is a rival Queen!!! 

The castle (and queen) are supposed to be for the Lions. :wink:

4 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

The castle (and queen) are supposed to be for the Lions. :wink:

I suppose thats what he meant when he said RIVAL queen, in other words the black falcons need a queen, too

Edited by Poco Lypso

52 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Will the Castle be revealed on LEGO Con on June 15? Or later?

That's a reasonable, if slightly optimistic possibility. The usual release pattern would say that we normally wouldn't see pics until July, but it would make sense that they might unveil it a couple of weeks earlier because of Lego con.

For context, the Star Wars Imperial Light Cruiser was unveiled at last year's Lego Con, and released August 1 of last year.

7 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

That's a reasonable, if slightly optimistic possibility. The usual release pattern would say that we normally wouldn't see pics until July, but it would make sense that they might unveil it a couple of weeks earlier because of Lego con.

For context, the Star Wars Imperial Light Cruiser was unveiled at last year's Lego Con, and released August 1 of last year.

Agreed. You could easily see it going either way. On the one hand, it's a long way from release to reveal something. On the other, it's a non-licensed theme, celebrating 90 years of LEGO, which they'll cover at LEGO Con, and they've also said that they plan on doing more reveals than last year (although that won't be hard).

I would be surprised if they did not reveal it at LEGO Con.  I also would expect some sort of surprise for AFOLs beyond what promobricks has disclosed about this castle.  TLG will want to make a big splash with this anniversary set!  

Thanks for responding to "Follows Closely", "Agent Kallus".  You got it right.

I started collecting castle very early on and have about 10,000 medieval/fantasy figures at this point.  However, the number of non-military figs is only around 400 or so.  I bought a lot of peasants back when they were cheaper.  Also that is including all of the Jedi, and other medieval adjacent torsos I have collected over time.  Anything that looks like a peasant/civilian torso is relatively expensive at this time.  

8 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Agreed. You could easily see it going either way. On the one hand, it's a long way from release to reveal something. On the other, it's a non-licensed theme, celebrating 90 years of LEGO, which they'll cover at LEGO Con, and they've also said that they plan on doing more reveals than last year (although that won't be hard).

If it is something similar to last years Con then no way, but hopefully they have learned something and it look like they are going to give us more reveals this year. I do not know what sources Promobricks have, but the fact that they have so detailed info on this type of set already now suggest that a reveal is coming sooner rather than later. If Lego is planning a reveal in August they should be able to keep it under wraps until then since it is a D2C/limited type of set that do not show up in the normal retail-catalogue sent to shops half a year before :classic:

Something related; apparently there has been a 2 day event in Billund for fan media now in connection with the 90 year anniversary(?). As normal most of them do not report much from this type of events at least not until the new sets they are shown have lifted their ban etc weeks later, however Zusammengebaut had a "Live-Ticker" with pictures from the event. Off course no secret sets are shown on those, but do not tell me it is a coincidence that Mike Psiaki and Milan Madge are in a picture with the 2 old sets that are rumoured to come out in a new edition this year *huh*
PXL_20220525_115754299.jpg

It do not necessary mean that they are the designers of the new sets, but if it do we are in good hands :wub:
On the other hand I had hoped for a set for Pirates this year as well (and bonkle fans probably have hopes for a bone as well), but maybe it is only Castle and Space (the winner and a close second place?!) since the other 2 are not in pictures like this :sceptic:

Lego just announced on Instagram that they are going to reveal «something awesome» related to the 90th anniversary, so I guess that pretty much confirms the reveal of the castle (unless they only reveal the space set, which I think is unlikely)

26 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Lego just announced on Instagram that they are going to reveal «something awesome» related to the 90th anniversary, so I guess that pretty much confirms the reveal of the castle (unless they only reveal the space set, which I think is unlikely)

Spoiler alert! We’re celebrating our 90th Anniversary at LEGO® CON 2022. Shhh … that means we’re announcing something awesome.

Watch the livestream on 18 June 2022, 5pm London, 12pm New York, 9am Los Angeles.

26 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Or, they could be announcing the Forest Hideout GWP... Or a Classic 90 Years of Play box. Hopefully not, but they hyped stuff up last year that spectacularly underwhelmed.

23 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Or, they could be announcing the Forest Hideout GWP... Or a Classic 90 Years of Play box. Hopefully not, but they hyped stuff up last year that spectacularly underwhelmed.

That would be so disappointing!  But the GWP will be available three days before the event (if the leaks are correct), so I think we can rule that out being the reveal… It also makes sense to reveal the castle at the same time as the GWP is available, as they go very well together. 

Do you think we might see the return of the Super Mario Bullet Bill helmet in the next August set (see the picture here attached) ?

More seriously I want to talk about the "Headgear Helmet Castle with Chin Guard" (https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3896&idColor=11#T=C&C=11) that we have seen distributed abundantly in old Castle sets until 2003.

Unfortunately I believe it has been abandoned over time with the recent reboots of the range. I find this very unfortunate because they are emblematic of Castle and bring a significant touch of diversity.

By the way, I believe that of all classic medieval helmets (Headgear Helmet Castle with Neck Protector 3844, Headgear Helmet Castle Closed with Eye Slit 89520, Headgear Helmet Castle with Fixed Face Grille x167, Headgear Helmet with Visor Pointed 2594, Headgear Helmet Castle with Chin Guard and Broad Brim 30273), it's the only one that is no longer in production, do you know why? I love it so much !

lego-black-falcon-archer-castle-minifigure-28.jpg

Edited by Khargeust