@Roebuck I'll change the minifigure list, you might be right that baker and farmer are 2 different minifigures and yes, the girl is a young female ranger in Forestmen outfit.

Edited by R0Sch

I don't really know how to feel about this set. when speculations were out the castle could be the one from the trailer, I really hoped that would not be the case. Seemed a bit generic to me.

Overall it reminds me more of a city wall rather than a castle.

Assuming the drawings are correct, we have water mill in the middle of a wall section? Think the 3in1 castle did that better... 

there also seems to be a staircase leading up one of the towers, maybe the drawing is wrong, but shouldn't it be on the other side of the tower? 

Then you have a drawbridge, where does it lead to? a room an the 1st floor? seems more like a portcullis, but I would have expected the main entrance to lead to the castle courtyard

Edited by Poco Lypso

It's a playset people, not a historically accurate AFOL set, so be a little more forgiving.
SLVNUGs.jpg

Will this set be basically a Lego exclusive or available at selected retailers after some time; any news on that?

16 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

Will this set be basically a Lego exclusive or available at selected retailers after some time; any news on that?

Most likely not LEGO exclusive and at least available at selected retailers, same as the Galaxy Explorer set.

1 minute ago, R0Sch said:

Most likely not LEGO exclusive and at least available at selected retailers, same as the Galaxy Explorer set.

Thank you; I'm really exited about this set but the price is way beyond what I was expecting. Without a discount I'll have to pass it unfortunately and just look for the figures and interesting elements on P&B.

11 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

Thank you; I'm really exited about this set but the price is way beyond what I was expecting. Without a discount I'll have to pass it unfortunately and just look for the figures and interesting elements on P&B.

tbh, the price isnt that bad

3in1 castle has 1.4k pieces at 100eur

anni castle has 4.2k pieces at 350eur, thats roughly the piece count of 3 creator castles.

for 50 eur more you get about 10 more minifigs than you would get from 3 creator castles plus some animals. Plus the figs will be better than the merchant of the 3in1, lol.

Imo its not a fantastic bargain but far from being a rip-off.

Atm I am not sure if I am going to buy it right away tho and will decide based on opportunity. For one thing, I would like the forestmen gwp, but am NOT spending 150eur on something I don't need/want just for the sake of the gwp. If, however, the gwp will be still available or sees a return at the release of the anni castle then I will feel very tempted. If the castle releases with no gwp at all or something different then I just wait and see if I can get the set at a 20% discount from a retailer.

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

From what I understood this is exactly what is is, is this still a discussion? Someone who speak German please confirm that the set in the BTTF video is a prototype of the set we are getting :classic:

Here are the B-bay prototypes, so as you can see they are very similar, but the details change :shrug_oh_well:

[I removed the images, holy moly it would have been cluttered!]

I hope you are right, the skeleton kept popping up in the minifig line-ups, so it might been lost in translation for me :blush:

It was pretty much the first thing they (Promobricks) said during the livestream yesterday. They started talking about the Back To The Future video, and mentioned quite a few times that the castle we saw was indeed a prototype. They even made sure to say it in English *and* type it out in the chat. So for the actual set later this summer we will obviously see some similarities, and some parts that have changed drastically.

End of discussion.

I know the number of animals is low. Now, don’t get me wrong - it’s exactly what I predicited - that amount is realistic and animal-wise when we get 20 minifigures.

But one big disappointment I am expecting is….. G O A T…. :( However, I’m okay with the amount of animals in this big set tho. 

36 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I wonder if thre would be Lion King in CMF Series 23?

That’s a fun question. Haven’t they lined things up like that before? I seem to recall some pirate CMFs coming out at the same time as the 2018 ship, which was the first big ship in years. My memory is. Little fuzzy there though. 

8 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

That’s a fun question. Haven’t they lined things up like that before? I seem to recall some pirate CMFs coming out at the same time as the 2018 ship, which was the first big ship in years. My memory is. Little fuzzy there though. 

Are you talking about IDEAS B-Bay ship? Then I think CMF Sereis 20 had a female pirate minfigure for that set. So it’s 2020. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7

24 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Are you talking about IDEAS B-Bay ship? Then I think CMF Sereis 20 had a female pirate minfigure for that set. So it’s 2020. 

Yeah, that’s probably what that fuzzy memory was. :)

Anything about specific accessories in there? I saw the statement about a variety of weapons, but thoughts about knights’ moveable visors, or reintroduction of some of the other helmet types in silver or metallic colors?

If horse barding is happening then I’m thrilled!

12 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

I was right about the minifigs but wrong about the castle, which is fine with me. The set in the drawing looks just as cool, I'm just happy to have more castle sets.

Really hope one of the Black Falcon minifigs has a visor helm, they haven't been made in black in like 20 years and are getting insanely expensive on the aftermarket.

The visors were in the Cmf with the good knight in grey.  I can't remember which series though.  

12 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oh boy - Forestmen Hideout GWP?! That’s great news! But I’m little worried about GWP being sold out so fast… Do anyone know how much we purchase in order to get GWP? $100? $120? $200?

And the castle set sound so great to me. 

But …. NO GOAT?! Darn it…

I think it will be $160 like last time I believe in the US.  I really didn't think we would get a goat to be honest would have been nice but I will take a cow, I just hope it's a different color from the city one for some variety.  

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I wonder if thre would be Lion King in CMF Series 23?

That's a possibility.  I'm sure there will be some castle stuff in there and space to go with the new spaceship.  

4 hours ago, Poco Lypso said:

tbh, the price isnt that bad

3in1 castle has 1.4k pieces at 100eur

anni castle has 4.2k pieces at 350eur, thats roughly the piece count of 3 creator castles.

for 50 eur more you get about 10 more minifigs than you would get from 3 creator castles plus some animals. Plus the figs will be better than the merchant of the 3in1, lol.

Imo its not a fantastic bargain but far from being a rip-off.

Atm I am not sure if I am going to buy it right away tho and will decide based on opportunity. For one thing, I would like the forestmen gwp, but am NOT spending 150eur on something I don't need/want just for the sake of the gwp. If, however, the gwp will be still available or sees a return at the release of the anni castle then I will feel very tempted. If the castle releases with no gwp at all or something different then I just wait and see if I can get the set at a 20% discount from a retailer.

I get you on the gift with purchase but there are some sets that I still want to pick up so that will be as I will be getting the viking 3in1 and some other sets.  I think this set is a great deal with the ppp ratio and the minifigs and animals plus looks like new flags and possibly capes with printing.  

2 hours ago, zoth33 said:

The visors were in the Cmf with the good knight in grey.  I can't remember which series though. 

Series 9, in 2013. Last time the piece was released was in blue in a Nexo Knights set in 2017.

I want some in black though, and the cheapest seller with multiples on BL wants almost $6CAD each and that's highway robbery as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Sir Dano

4 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I severly doubt that. There was a poorly executed female pirate only made to take some of the cmf budget for the hat-hair-combo also used in the ideas set. It wasn't the captain missing in the set or something like that. If there is a specific lion castle king sold separately - and for a quite limited time - from the 350€ castle it would be the most stupid marketing decision since the Microsoft Ceo announced on stage that the xbox one needs permanent Internet connection because commercials are a central part of the console experience...

What I could imagine is a random peasant reusing one of the new Farm animals in another colour or a knight.

Edited by Gorilla94

28 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

I severly doubt that. There was a poorly executed female pirate only made to take some of the cmf budget for the hat-hair-combo also used in the ideas set. It wasn't the captain missing in the set or something like that. If there is a specific lion castle king sold separately - and for a quite limited time - from the 350€ castle it would be the most stupid marketing decision since the Microsoft Ceo announced on stage that the xbox one needs permanent Internet connection because commercials are a central part of the console experience...

What I could imagine is a random peasant reusing one of the new Farm animals in another colour or a knight.

I guess. I didn’t think that female pirate was poorly executed at all. Nor would I think a companion fig in CMF 23 (king or otherwise) would be “the most stupid marketing decision…”. 

4 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

I guess. I didn’t think that female pirate was poorly executed at all. Nor would I think a companion fig in CMF 23 (king or otherwise) would be “the most stupid marketing decision…”. 

Agreed on both counts. I did personally prefer the BB pirates to the CMF one, but it wasn't bad by any means and it was exciting to get more colors for the tricorn/ponytail combo.

Likewise, the castle doesn't need a king to be "complete" - there have been plenty of queens and queen regents (queens regent?) ruling throughout history, so it's not on the same level as a pirate ship without a captain, and I don't think kids opening a CMF packet to find a king would think it was defective because it didn't come with a queen (there are plenty of things kings did without their wives, such as wars). They could make a king which works perfectly well alone but shares enough colors or heraldry to work alongside this set's queen IF one so desires. Would it be my first choice for a medieval CMF slot? No. Like I said, I think the queen for this castle works on her own, plus I'm still trying to find a narrative purpose for the existing CMF king and queen (both gorgeous). I'd rather have a nobleman/noblewoman without a crown (heck, even a prince) or another army-builder figure. But kings are exciting and easy for kids to understand, so I certainly don't think it would be a business mistake.

I'd love to see some of the other factions represented in the CMF wave, maybe a Black Knight, or a Wolfpack thug, hell a new version of Cedric the Bull would be neat.

The bard from series 22 CMF predicted the Foresmen comeback and we will get the same torso in this set for the boy and the same blue hat with the farmer. Also the succulents confirmed the green hat.

Since the set doesn't contain any throne, I don't think we'll get any matching king in the next CMF series. I am perfectly happy with a widowed warrior queen manning the troops alone. :)

14 hours ago, Roebuck said:

If we compare it to Ninjago city gardens a set that cost 50$ less this has almost the number of minifigs. 19 (when did skeletons start to count as one:hmpf:) is a good number and with 3 fractions and a few civilians it is more or less what I expected (except the king, but queen is better anyway) and I feared it would be fewer.

For what it's worth, LEGO doesn't seem to count skeletons as minifigures in set descriptions, at least not these days — perhaps as part of their efforts to protect the trademark they have on the specific "LEGO Minifigure" design. That said, I personally don't tend to care about the technicalities of what is or isn't a "minifigure". From my perspective, what really matters is how many figures/characters a set includes in a broader sense.

After all, unprinted "statues" like The Titanium Ninja memorial from Ninjago City Gardens or the Horatio Hubbs memorial from the LEGO City Main Square are considered LEGO minifigures even under the strictest of definitions. And the way I see it, skeletons, robots, and other brick-built figures (such as Scoop from Ninjago City Gardens) offer quite a bit more appeal and play value than a lifeless, featureless statue — in spite of not officially qualifying as minifigures, and regardless of whether you prefer to think of them as minifigures or not!

1 hour ago, kalexicon said:

Likewise, the castle doesn't need a king to be "complete" - there have been plenty of queens and queen regents (queens regent?) ruling throughout history, so it's not on the same level as a pirate ship without a captain, and I don't think kids opening a CMF packet to find a king would think it was defective because it didn't come with a queen (there are plenty of things kings did without their wives, such as wars). They could make a king which works perfectly well alone but shares enough colors or heraldry to work alongside this set's queen IF one so desires. Would it be my first choice for a medieval CMF slot? No. Like I said, I think the queen for this castle works on her own, plus I'm still trying to find a narrative purpose for the existing CMF king and queen (both gorgeous). I'd rather have a nobleman/noblewoman without a crown (heck, even a prince) or another army-builder figure. But kings are exciting and easy for kids to understand, so I certainly don't think it would be a business mistake.

Yeah, honestly, I'm much more grateful to be getting a new queen than a new king, particularly since so many past Castle themes and other historic/fantasy themes over the years have been woefully lacking in female characters. I still cringe thinking about how many LEGO chess sets over the years had to throw together "queen" minifigures from miscellaneous parts because the factions they depicted were so woefully lacking in female characters.

Plus, even if you want to add a king to keep the queen company, and don't already have a king minifigure that you consider up to the task… creating a king can potentially be as simple as adding a crown and/or a gold breastplate to one of the fancier-looking knights!

7 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I know the number of animals is low. Now, don’t get me wrong - it’s exactly what I predicited - that amount is realistic and animal-wise when we get 20 minifigures.

Yeah, more horses would have been nice IMO, but I think two is enough to satisfy me as long as they're both decked out in full barding. The bigger animal-related worry I still have is that Promobricks hasn't made it clear whether there's any stable or other place to keep the horses and their accessories when nobody's riding them. Not having any sort of shelter for the horses would be a real missed opportunity, especially with so much space in this set. I'm still holding out hope that maybe one of the lower-level chambers will include a space to keep the horses, even if it's fairly plain/unadorned like the stable from 6067 Guarded Inn.

I don't usually focus a whole lot on themes like LEGO Castle in my collecting, but I am very seriously considering getting this one, even if it doesn't end up meeting quite all my hopes/expectations. After all, it would be a good companion piece to the Ideas Medieval Blacksmith which I already own, and I feel like based on Promobricks' article, this one will also strike a good balance of being a pretty outstanding playset and display piece on its own, while also being every bit as conducive to mods and expansions as other modular castle set designs like 6080 or 31120.

24 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

The bigger animal-related worry I still have is that Promobricks hasn't made it clear whether there's any stable or other place to keep the horses and their accessories when nobody's riding them

I think I'm with you there. Not too many nits to pick with the (rather broad) outline of the actual set we've gotten so far, but having a small alcove to tuck however many horses we get here would be nice. (Not that it's a deal-breaker for me or anything, although stables would be nice to see in a large-ish Castle set seeing how I'm running into similar horse-storage problems on another Castle MOC I'm working on right now.)