1 hour ago, Sir Dano said:

Designing new torsos just for a video seems like a waste of time to me, but we'll find out in a few weeks either way if promobricks is to be believed.

1 hour ago, the Inventor said:

Maybe, but they could have used the old/original figures with those sets in the video instead of those updated figures.

Those are fair points that I don't have a great argument against beyond the fact that as far as I know, there is no precedence for TLG leaking their own stuff in this way.

On top of that, I'm resistant to the idea because it would lend more credence to the assertion that the castle is being shown off in advance as well. Based on what we saw in that BTTF video, I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if that mishmash of old castle elements was what we were getting in August. 

23 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Based on what we saw in that BTTF video, I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if that mishmash of old castle elements was what we were getting in August. 

Personally I quite like the idea of a near-exact(as close as you can get with currently in-production pieces) replica of the original set with a "suit of armour" of newer style builds surrounding it.

45 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

Personally I quite like the idea of a near-exact(as close as you can get with currently in-production pieces) replica of the original set with a "suit of armour" of newer style builds surrounding it.

For those of us who have most of the classic castles already, that would be a horrible outcome. It would also be extremely lazy on the part of TLG. 

53 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

For those of us who have most of the classic castles already, that would be a horrible outcome. It would also be extremely lazy on the part of TLG. 

Biggest Castle set I got as a kid was 6078, so I'll be quite happy to own a reproduction of a classic big Castle set(plus a few extra thousand castle-y pieces) without having to pay aftermarket prices for it.

2 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

Biggest Castle set I got as a kid was 6078, so I'll be quite happy to own a reproduction of a classic big Castle set(plus a few extra thousand castle-y pieces) without having to pay aftermarket prices for it.

Well, we’re certainly not going to find common ground there. Since the old sets, pieces and minifigs are readily available, I’m in it for new designs, techniques and prints.

It wouldn’t take much to build 6080 on your own. The base plates would probably be the only somewhat expensive part. 

3 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

It wouldn’t take much to build 6080 on your own. The base plates would probably be the only somewhat expensive part. 

Agreed, and baseplates are not even a requirement if modern parts are being used, since it would be easier to just build the walls onto 4-by-X plates. 

2 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I would be EXTREMELY disappointed if that mishmash of old castle elements was what we were getting in August. 

I seriously doubt that we are going to get a near-remake of 6080 (as seen in the DeLorean video); note that, aside from 6080, there are a number of other past Castle sets featured in that video (Kingdoms Joust, Mill Village Raid windmill, Medieval Market Village, Creator 3-in-1, Medieval Blacksmith, CMF Bard pieces, etc). The only new material that appears is the cow and cart, the farmer/peasant male, innkeeper/peasant female, and Forestman (the peasant boy uses the Bard's torso, and the peasant girl uses the new red Forestmen torso). 

5 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

10300-Landing-202204-BrickToTheFuture.mp4_snapshot_00.36_[2022.03.28_18.25.33]b.jpg

I really want that wimple. And that fig in general. I'll be very disappointed if that was just a random render.

24 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

Well, we’re certainly not going to find common ground there. Since the old sets, pieces and minifigs are readily available, I’m in it for new designs, techniques and prints.

Clearly not.  I've spent many evenings lately pricing old castle pieces off bricklink and it's not as cheap as you'd think. Drifting off topic now though, so I'll just shut up.

Really hoping the new shields and minifig parts end up on pick-a-brick eventually so I can army build a bunch without breaking my wallet.

23 hours ago, morvit said:

So we will see it by tomorrow right? Brick con. 

I really hope so, but shouldn’t it have started already?  I see there is another LEGO con in mid June but hopefully promobricks is right and we don’t have to wait that long.

24 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Promobricks is revealing something about the set tomorrow (in 25 hours) during a livestream on YouTube

Well that’s exciting! Thanks for that info. 

3 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

Promobricks is revealing something about the set tomorrow (in 25 hours) during a livestream on YouTube

Oh wow. Really? 

3 hours ago, Bainter-ban said:

Waiting is annoying. Just publish it already!

2 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

Preach!

But if I’m being honest with myself, I’ll take what I can get. :)

4 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

At least it’s tomorrow…or the day after tomorrow. Or day after that. 

9 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

If everything was published instantly we would never have anything to look forward too.. Since that is not the case I really look forward to hearing some more news about the set tonight :moar:

On 5/19/2022 at 7:17 PM, SirBlake said:

Well that’s exciting! Thanks for that info. 

No problem! :) The livestream is on right now, but it’s all in German, anyone who can translate and share the info? 😄

8 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

No problem! :) The livestream is on right now, but it’s all in German, anyone who can translate and share the info? 😄

Thus far the only thing related to the 90th Anniversary is the chat that keep asking for it. I really don't get the vibe that they have something too exciting to show, but I'm not really familiar with livestreaming stuff like this anyway. To be honest it just feels like a way to draw in viewers, keep teasing them, and then drop nothing of substance at the very end.

Edit: I would be very happy to be proven wrong!

Edited by Frike

Heres what I got from the livestream: 

They just shared that the castle in the BTTF video is not the actual set, but a prototype. So at least we got something (so far). 

20 minifigures (!)

9 knights, 2 forestmen, 2 black falcons, skeleton, baker, magician, and will not be kings castle, but queens castle (?)

A drawing of the castle will be shared (I guess similar to the Ninjago Gardens). Just saw it, looks awesome!

Half a meter wide, open back (similar to Hogwarts). They’re not sure if you can close it

Edited by Bainter-ban