2 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

I check this daily. I don't know why. I need to stop.

same here brother. We're all expecting great things of this set I imagine :classic:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

:laugh:

I agree with all your points, however the goat is a special case. The only set that had it was a Castle set, there is a huge demand for it and a anniversary set like this would be the perfect occasion to bring it back.
It all depends on the budget of the set, if that is big enough to make a "new" mould they would probably do it if not no way it is included without as you say showing up in City or CMF first. The only chance for that now is a limited City farm set that have not leaked (I still hope there is one) or the so called anniversary CMF series (if that is still a thing) :shrug_oh_well:

Again, it's not just about the budget of this one set—it's about Lego getting their money's worth out of bringing a mold like that back. If they were planning to bring the goat back for this set they would still be putting it in other sets as well to help recoup the cost of the mold, regardless of which theme it came out of the budget of. It'd be massively counterproductive to make it "exclusive" to a set that will be produced in far less quantity than a regular retail set. And a lot of the other sets this year that could've made use of a goat in that case—the City farm sets, the Jurassic Park set, and so forth—have not used a goat. It makes it seem quite unlikely that a goat revival is going to happen this year.

20 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

I check this daily. I don't know why. I need to stop.

Only once per day?!

15 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Again, it's not just about the budget of this one set—it's about Lego getting their money's worth out of bringing a mold like that back. If they were planning to bring the goat back for this set they would still be putting it in other sets as well to help recoup the cost of the mold, regardless of which theme it came out of the budget of. It'd be massively counterproductive to make it "exclusive" to a set that will be produced in far less quantity than a regular retail set. And a lot of the other sets this year that could've made use of a goat in that case—the City farm sets, the Jurassic Park set, and so forth—have not used a goat. It makes it seem quite unlikely that a goat revival is going to happen this year.

Agreed. If there was going to be a goat, we would have seen it in another set by now. The designers specifically said that they wanted to do it for the Jurassic Park gate set, and it was too low volume for them to get the budget for it. Sheep, lambs, piglets, and cows feel good enough to me. If there wasn't a goat all those years ago, it wouldn't be top of many lists to get in LEGO form now.

15 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

We're all expecting great things of this set I imagine :classic:

Yes, have not been so hyped for a set since B-bay :moar: Hope I do not set myself up for disappointment :shrug_oh_well:

15 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

The designers specifically said that they wanted to do it for the Jurassic Park gate set, and it was too low volume for them to get the budget for it.

I do not think that was the case, from what I remember it was not enough time to make it. So the designer probably made the request too late in the design process :shrug_confused:

15 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

If there wasn't a goat all those years ago, it wouldn't be top of many lists to get in LEGO form now.

That is right, people want what they can not have :tongue:

15 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, have not been so hyped for a set since B-bay :moar: Hope I do not set myself up for disappointment :shrug_oh_well:

You are not the only one. Some of the wishlists in this thread are not even close to realistic. 20+ minifigs? come on now :pir_wacko:

I just hope people are treating them as wishlists and not setting them as expectations or there's gonna be a lot of disappointed/angry AFOLs who only have themselves to blame.

My wish (in no way an expectation, but it'd be neat) - is that the Castle is scaled to the Blacksmith house. When you place them side by side the Blacksmith doesn't look stupidly large like it does beside anything else.

1 hour ago, Yoggington said:

My wish (in no way an expectation, but it'd be neat) - is that the Castle is scaled to the Blacksmith house. When you place them side by side the Blacksmith doesn't look stupidly large like it does beside anything else.

This I am sure it was considered early in the design process, and the idea thrown out after just a few conversations. The Blacksmith set is not scaled even close to anything in the historic line. A castle to fit that scale would be 10,000 blocks minimum. I am confident that we will get a castle that is scaled to fit in with any of the previous "King's Castle" sets. I decided not to build and display the Blacksmith along with my other medieval sets for this exact reason. It just looks so out of proportions to any of the sets below. The castle in the Forest is the only one that is close, but still not right.

pfjafy29pj97.jpg

What is up with you guys and your obsession with goats?

Edited by Follows Closely
added picture

1 hour ago, Follows Closely said:

This I am sure was considered early in the design process and the idea thrown out after just a few conversations. The Blacksmith set is not scaled even close to anything in the historic line. A castle to fit that scale would be 10,000 blocks minimum. I am confident that we will get a castle that is scaled to fit in with any of the previous "King's Castle" sets.

Personally, I hope not. Maybe its time to change our view on the required "roominess" of castles. Especially in a set designed towards AFOL's.

1 hour ago, Follows Closely said:

This I am sure was considered early in the design process and the idea thrown out after just a few conversations. The Blacksmith set is not scaled even close to anything in the historic line. A castle to fit that scale would be 10,000 blocks minimum. I am confident that we will get a castle that is scaled to fit in with any of the previous "King's Castle" sets. I decided not to build and display the Blacksmith along with my other medieval sets for this exact reason. It just looks so out of proportions to any of the sets below. The castle in the Forest is the only one that is close, but still not right.

pfjafy29pj97.jpg

I know, but one can dream. Even if the castle had to be cut back - like say, a Gatehouse & Front Walls only - I'd like that.

Everyone else would hate it though :P

2 hours ago, Yoggington said:

You are not the only one. Some of the wishlists in this thread are not even close to realistic. 20+ minifigs? come on now :pir_wacko:

Why is it not even close to realistic to want 20+ minifigs in such a large and special set? Where people are talking 40+ minifigures I can see your point, and even 30+ is pushing possibility - but there were multiple sets last year alone that had more than 20 minifigures. There's no reason to rule out a similar number in this set, especially since figures like knights can easily be duplicated or just given a different facial expression to make a new minifigure.

20 figures is certainly probable. while 2015 Chess set's ratio of price/figures won't be reached (20 figures for €55 was crazy good value even then) , recent examples of sets in the €300-350 range had close to 20 or over 20 and were licensed (Cloud City, Mos Eisley, Daily Bugle, exception would be Diagon Alley but that set did have 1500-2000 more parts).

Chess set did have duplicate parts as had the more recent Dragon Boat Race (15 figures), so having a bunch of duplicate torsos might help with figures as well.

However, 3-in-1 Castle was low on figures for the size, and even had 2 identical torso/legs for those, I think most would agree on that, but I wouldn't use that set was a comparison point.

The more recent Chinese Festival sets had 12 and 13 figures and nowhere close to €350-380 rumoured price of this Castle.

Ninjago City Gardens is probably a better comparison instead of Diagon Alley etc.,  still had 5600 pieces as well at €300, and 19-22 figures depending on statues/robot counting etc.

Personally I'd like to see 3+ horses, even if it has to remove some generic figures for that.

Edited by TeriXeri

4 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

pfjafy29pj97.jpg

What's the castle six spots from the right?

20 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Agreed. If there was going to be a goat, we would have seen it in another set by now. 

Part wishful thinking, part devil's advocate: if there is a new goat, Lego may want to keep it initially exclusive for the castle and then release it in later sets, either this year or next. Perhaps the castle gets Print A while future City/Farm sets get Print B. Or Lego thinks this is going to sell like hotcakes regardless of price and plan on going all out on the budget with exclusive molds.

Edited by mvLego

I’m Hopeful it will be announced very soon, Lego is announcing August(Optimus prime, two sets below this one being 10302) sets already hehehehe lololol

11 minutes ago, eldiano said:

I’m Hopeful it will be announced very soon, Lego is announcing August(Optimus prime, two sets below this one being 10302) sets already hehehehe lololol

Optimus Prime is a June release, so they've revealed it a few weeks early. I'd expect a release at some point in July, but could be the middle or the end of the month. Leaks may happen earlier though.

28 minutes ago, eldiano said:

Optimus prime is a June set. So with the above logic, we have 2 months to wait :pir-cry_sad:

7 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

This I am sure it was considered early in the design process, and the idea thrown out after just a few conversations. The Blacksmith set is not scaled even close to anything in the historic line. A castle to fit that scale would be 10,000 blocks minimum.

You're probably right that a castle scaled REALISTICALLY to the Blacksmith Shop would be absurdly large, but is that strictly necessary for a castle to be compatible with the Blacksmith Shop? I mean, LEGO castles in general tend to be kinda small compared to houses or cottages — even the houses in Medieval Market Village, though several bricks shorter than the Medieval Blacksmith, are tall enough to tower over the roughly 10-brick-tall curtain walls from a typical Fantasy Era or Kingdoms set.

In light of that, I don't think it'd take more than a two-story curtain wall (16 to 20 bricks tall) to look reasonable on display near the Medieval Blacksmith. I guess you might need a larger build if you expected blacksmith shop would to fit INSIDE the curtain wall, but in my opinion the hunting-related elements of the set (huntress, hunting dog, bear pelt rug, etc) suggest a location well outside of the castle walls, near the forest's edge.

If the curtain wall seen to the left of the gatehouse in the BttF promotional video was in fact based on the one from this new set, (which is my current thinking given its use of new/recent parts and unconventional building techniques), then it appears to be a minimum of 14 bricks tall — MUCH taller than the curtain walls of more average-sized LEGO castle sets of the past.

For my part, I also expect that this set (like many other LEGO castle sets) will allow builders to freely expand the curtain walls, either with their own creations or with additional copies of the set. In that case, the height of the curtain wall would be the chief requirement for compatibility with the blacksmith shop, since the width would be flexible depending on the nature of your display.

Of course, my dream LEGO castle would be one where the walls, towers, etc. can be expanded vertically AND horizontally in a modular fashion, much like how many Hogwarts sets from the LEGO Harry Potter theme are designed. But I'm not sure whether or not I'd expect this particular castle to opt for that sort of approach.

Edited by Aanchir

8 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Why is it not even close to realistic to want 20+ minifigs in such a large and special set? Where people are talking 40+ minifigures I can see your point, and even 30+ is pushing possibility - but there were multiple sets last year alone that had more than 20 minifigures. There's no reason to rule out a similar number in this set, especially since figures like knights can easily be duplicated or just given a different facial expression to make a new minifigure.

That was just the easiest example to pick from many overhyped comments in the thread is all.

It's not about ruling out particular numbers, it's about not getting so hyped with expectation for *whatever* feature that you then end up disappointed.

5 hours ago, mvLego said:

What's the castle six spots from the right?

Part wishful thinking, part devil's advocate: if there is a new goat, Lego may want to keep it initially exclusive for the castle and then release it in later sets, either this year or next. Perhaps the castle gets Print A while future City/Farm sets get Print B. Or Lego thinks this is going to sell like hotcakes regardless of price and plan on going all out on the budget with exclusive molds.

Probably more on the wishful thinking side. Goats are a meme in the AFOL community, but even then it's somewhat niche, and the expected audience for this will be (we all probably hope) wider than that. So exclusive goats likely won't be a big draw for many, and therefore there's no need to delay their use in other sets, when several suitable farm sets have been made. But, until we know for sure, you may be right, so there's always hope.

10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I do not think that was the case, from what I remember it was not enough time to make it. So the designer probably made the request too late in the design process :shrug_confused:

Ah, that might be more accurate, thanks!

Edited by RichardGoring

19 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

Optimus prime is a June set. So with the above logic, we have 2 months to wait :pir-cry_sad:

I guess you will continue checking here everyday until August….

On 5/12/2022 at 8:48 AM, Follows Closely said:

This I am sure it was considered early in the design process, and the idea thrown out after just a few conversations. The Blacksmith set is not scaled even close to anything in the historic line. A castle to fit that scale would be 10,000 blocks minimum. I am confident that we will get a castle that is scaled to fit in with any of the previous "King's Castle" sets. I decided not to build and display the Blacksmith along with my other medieval sets for this exact reason. It just looks so out of proportions to any of the sets below. The castle in the Forest is the only one that is close, but still not right.

pfjafy29pj97.jpg

Nice collection 👍👍

just a potential heads-up for anyone wanting to secure the set beforehand via a physical Lego store - I went to my local Lego store a couple of days ago and asked if these's any possibility of being put on a waiting list for the set when it comes out (I remember this was the case for Titanic and UCS AT-AT) but the answer was negative. I know this used to be a practice because when I usually inquired about larger sets before release (even when only rumoured) the store employees always offered me the possibility of waiting list but this time it was different

I'm not sure what the practice is in other countries but I thought this was something worth sharing

31 minutes ago, Alpha Draconis said:

just a potential heads-up for anyone wanting to secure the set beforehand via a physical Lego store - I went to my local Lego store a couple of days ago and asked if these's any possibility of being put on a waiting list for the set when it comes out (I remember this was the case for Titanic and UCS AT-AT) but the answer was negative. I know this used to be a practice because when I usually inquired about larger sets before release (even when only rumoured) the store employees always offered me the possibility of waiting list but this time it was different

I'm not sure what the practice is in other countries but I thought this was something worth sharing

They probably want to give everyone the same chance, with current lockdowns in china I guess the stock will be limited. 

Promobricks have said that we will know what the castle looks like by the end of the week!

4 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Promobricks have said that we will know what the castle looks like by the end of the week!

Exciting news! I'm very much looking forward to that. :dsweet:

5 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Nice! Can't wait! Hopefully it will live up to the hype and pricepoint, given recent trends I keep my expectations in check